IGNORED

Super Group

SimonButtle

Evertonlad, cheers for clearing them up for me <_< possibly 2 out of 7 I already knew :lol:

Mike, hey less with the young I'm gettin on at 21 ;)

But my lack of music interest comes as I never listened to any music (apart from driving in my mums car listening to Dr Hook :rolleys: ) Also doesn't help that if I like a band I just listen to them rather than research who plays in them and that.

Was never in the house to listen to music I only properly got into music when around 17. Still only been 4 concerts, 2 coldplay ones and 2 *cough* Girls Aloud *cough* but the latter ones were free :D and I got to meet them ;)

as a guitarist. im not doubting his ability. i just reckon hes overated. as a metalhead i know of many guitarists in the world who in terms of skill and ability will blow hendrix out of the water. i know that speed isnt everything but imo i just dont rate hendrix as much as everyone seems to do so.

in terms of woodstock. i cannot listen to that performance. sounds horrible

as a guitarist. im not doubting his ability. i just reckon hes overated. as a metalhead i know of many guitarists in the world who in terms of skill and ability will blow hendrix out of the water. i know that speed isnt everything but imo i just dont rate hendrix as much as everyone seems to do so.

in terms of woodstock. i cannot listen to that performance. sounds horrible

the thing is with hendrix is that he pioneered the guitar sound that he created, at the time there was hardly anyone that sounded like him, he was one of the first to utalise things such as the waa-waa peddle.

and as for the woodstock performance, he may not be your cup of tea but you do have to take into consideration that the quality of the sound system was very poor so it doesn't really do him justice... listen to Are you Experienced?

My supergroup would consist of the following....

Geoge Harrison

Bob Dylan

Roy Orbison

Jeff Lynne

Tom Petty.

Now Thats a supergroup, and i have two albums by them.

They are called The Travelling Wilbury's, and if you can find Volume one and Volume three on your travels i suggest you get them. Volume two went out under the name of Tom Petty's "Full Moon Fever" album. and they are all Priceless.

My supergroup would consist of the following....

Geoge Harrison

Bob Dylan

Roy Orbison

Jeff Lynne

Tom Petty.

Now Thats a supergroup, and i have two albums by them.

They are called The Travelling Wilbury's, and if you can find Volume one and Volume three on your travels i suggest you get them. Volume two went out under the name of Tom Petty's "Full Moon Fever" album. and they are all Priceless.

there first album was quality

the beauty of music, everyone has a different opinion

Wise words indeed...everyone does have a different opinion...just that everyone else is wrong! :lol:

And TB, wish I was getting on that much :( .

And another thought just occurred...as I have Hiseman on drums he can bring along his other half, Barbara Thompson, who was an amazing sax player before sadly contracting Parkinsons Disease.

Edited by MikeO

if your talking about the first proper supergroup then it would probably be the Graham Bond Organisation, their height of succes was 64 - 67 line up as follows:

Ginger Baker - drums

Graham Bond - keyboards/sax/vocals

Jack Bruce - bass

Dick Heckstall-Smith - sax

John Mclaughlin - guitar

Bond was the first person to use the hammond organ and mellotron in this country and Heckstall-Smith was probably the most in demand sax player during the 60's and 70's. I can defintley reccomend them to anyone as it's so diverse, have a look for it!

Talking "supergroups" that actually happened you'd have to include Sky..

John Williams-Guitar

Kevin Peak-Guitar

Herbie Flowers-Bass (and Tuba)

Francis Monkman-Keyboards

Tristan Fry-Drums

...who made a couple of good albums (79/80) before disappearing up their arseholes on the third.

But I still have a liking for the musicians supergroup UK..

John Wetton-Bass

Bill Bruford (then Terry Bozzio)-Drums

Eddie Jobson-Violin

Allan Holdsworth-Guitar (though I think their best album was "Danger Money", recorded as a three piece after he left).