IGNORED

Power Over Wireless Cell Phones?

justlukeyou

Hi,

Im just wondering if anyone as heard of 'Power Over Wireless' the transfer of electricity to things such as cell phones without a cable. Apparently also a cell phone company has taken out a patent for a device that switches the cell phone on when it detects a wireless signal and powers itself. So you dont waste battery power but when you find the wireless power it charges itself - pretty cool.

Hi,

Im just wondering if anyone as heard of 'Power Over Wireless' the transfer of electricity to things such as cell phones without a cable. Apparently also a cell phone company has taken out a patent for a device that switches the cell phone on when it detects a wireless signal and powers itself. So you dont waste battery power but when you find the wireless power it charges itself - pretty cool.

are you trying to sell something?

<_<

Not saying he shouldnt, just asking why on a footy forum.

He's been on every Wireless Technology site on the web, and he will get people who can talk and discuss it with him on those sites.

So who is he hoping to hold a conversation with on here that he cant get on those other sites. ??? Not the sort of opening Post that one nornally expects to see on any football forum. A strange one indeed.

If it's a football forum then why do we have an arcade or an off topic section then?

So that regular users can discuss whatever they like and play games, but it's very much a secondary part of the forum surely? It's odd if people join to talk about something completely unrelated (and have no interest in Everton) or just to play in the arcade isn't it?

Edited by MikeO

I'm sure we all wanted to know that...............not. :blink: I'm just wandering what your next post is going to be. ?

And if you intend to stay around go and introduce yourself.

Just in case anyone wants to ever join this forum you are doing a really good job at intimidation. I know you might play the grumpy old man card but if this guy was giving it all "Come to my forum" fair enough but I don't think there is any need to be an arse and jump down his throat. Maybe you should read your sig :P

Edited by L_Blue

Just in case anyone wants to ever join this forum you are doing a really good job at intimidation. I know you might play the grumpy old man card but if this guy was giving it all "Come to my forum" fair enough but I don't think there is any need to be an arse and jump down his throat. Maybe you should read your sig :P

I think you need to read it not me. Lighten up and go to Louis's link.

PS....... can you remember what your first post was about when you joined this forum....................was it footy by any chance. ??? :)

Ok well I am not in the mood for tit for tat "Why don't you...." conversation. As we have discovered from Louis' research maybe this guy is going round asking this question as some form of research. As you guys have said is a pretty odd first post but nothing wrong with it.

Yes a technology geek for want of a better word, therefor one has to ask the Question.........................

Why bring it to a football forum. ?????

Mebbe you could have a camera in the ball for 'ball cam' or a GPS tracker to see if a ball crosses the line or not, but instead of a heavy battery, you can power the camera or GPS thing by this wireless power thing. I dunno... just brainstorming.

Imagine if there was a camera in the ball and you could cut to it like player cam on sky which is useless unless you want to see someone pick their nose and wipe it on their shorts :o Anyway if there was a camera in the ball imagine how annoying it would be to watch cos the ball spins loads and loads so the ball cam would look like the footage in the blair witch when they are running about but probably 1000 times worse :P

• 3 months later...
According to an article on the BBC site Wireless Energy is beginning to take off.

It also has a name WiTricity, pretty cool concept when they make it safe

Well thank the Lord for that...I was beginning to worry we'd never hear from you (or about WiTricity) again Luke. It's cost me a lot of sleepless nights I can tell you. Good to have you back; what's your position on the Jagielka situation incidentally?