IGNORED

Scarborough

ISNT IT A SHAME TO SEE THESE CLUBS GOING DOWN THE SWANNEE.

And the FA dont offer any help at all, whats the point of putting them through all this Embarrassment............

""But it appears time has almost run out for the former Football League club who played Chelsea just three seasons ago in the FA Cup fourth round.

Scarborough lost their League status in 1999 when they were relegated with the last kick of the season.

They were expelled from the Conference last season after going into administration for a third time and placed in Conference North with a 10-point deduction this season.

The club are facing relegation to the UniBond League because they are currently third-bottom of Conference North with just five games remaining.

Fans were hoping to find out more about the latest crisis at Saturday's home match against Nuneaton Borough.""

Not sufficient that they relegate them to some Mickey Mouse league, but also start them off 10 poiints behind everyone else.

For the sake of £2m :o, its not like our £40m is it. They are selling their ground to pay the Debt, and Scarboro council will build another outside the town, a bit like KIRBY is for us. :)

BUT THIS IS THE SIGN OF THE TIMES. Rotherham have suffered this season ten points deducted so now they are being relegated to an even lower league. i think its punishment enough to Demote them, but to start them off with a ten points deduction is just adding to the problem, not helping.

Every team outside of the premier is now going into, or are already in debt, and in 20 years time the leagues will have lost so many teams that we will be like the scottish leagues................8 or 10 teams in each league and play each other four times .........ITS A FOOKIN JOKE.

Why is this happening tho??

Surly the premiership having so much money flying around doesnt affect the lower leagues. I cant understand why they have to go into debt and why they end up in financial trouble, the fact is you can only live within your means and if that means you cant afford the wages of a player you want then so be it you dont sign him!

Whatever the ins and outs of it it's very sad for the fans. Happened to my own local Southern League team thirty-plus years ago and it still bugs me. Glad to see btw that AFC Wimbledon (who someone posted about on here a while back) have had their draconian punishment drastically reduced...>>LINK<<

Why is this happening tho??

Surly the premiership having so much money flying around doesnt affect the lower leagues. I cant understand why they have to go into debt and why they end up in financial trouble, the fact is you can only live within your means and if that means you cant afford the wages of a player you want then so be it you dont sign him!

Its a vicious spiral Liam wages go up, Costs go up, grounds are getting older and costing more to be maintained, but crowds are going down. Teams unable to obtain the revenue to carry on, or to upgrade the grounds.

Time the FA CAME UP WITH A SOLUTION, selling their souls to TV company's is no good, unless the monies obtained is shared out between all Divisions. Record amounts of revenue is obtained by the FA for allowing TV companies to say when teams play and what time they kick off.

Surely the Fa can find a way of Dividing this money on a better scale, so the money filters Down to all the teams in the Football league and not just the big boys who are getting bigger at the expense of smaller clubs who are going out of business.

This year the benefits for premier clubs goes up by about £30 MILLION EACH :o why ??? What have we done, or have we got to do to get that, surely this should be spread out amongst the lowewr leagues, or in twenty years time there will only be one league left.

And it will be so expensive we wont be able to afford the price of Admission, Football and the FA will be governed by the TV company's, and will be played in Empty Stadiums. I can see it now, stopping every time the ball goes out of play so they can bang a few adverts on the telly.

The Suits at the FA have not only sold their souls to Tv company's but have also thrown every club outside the prem to the wolves because of their get rich quick attitude. And yet because a club goes into Administration because of their inept running of the FOOTBALL LEAGUE, THEY MAKE IT EVEN WORSE BY DEMOTING THEM AND STARTING THE NEXT SEASON WITH A 10 POINT DEFICATE, but they should be helping them not Destroying them.

I wonder Liam ........ would you still have the same view if you lived in Scarborugh and supported the Team.

Rant over.

its all a scary though bill, but all very capable of happening.

i love this sport more than i love my left arm, but it seems every year the game goes down a notch.

this great game was built on the dads and lads traditions most of us have fond memories of. but it seems now days its fading out, fast!

I thinkits a shame for the town and the supporters, coming from a small town to see your local club go down would be frustraiting cos the club represent the town in some respects, 'Boro played at Barrow not so long ago and they had a good fan support with them considerin it is a trip from coast to coast, a real shame for them.