IGNORED

Chopra

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...p;channel=&

He apparantly has a release clause saying he can move for £3.75M if a Prem club come in for him.

He has defiantely been on fire this season in the Championship, and is a intelegent player who does give defenders a headache.

Only 23 years old, so young and has also had some Prem experience as a youngster. Didn't set the Prem alight, but as said was young at the time.

A decent player at £3.75M. We have seen in recent seasons that players who do well in the Championship can also do well in the Prem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Chopra

bloody Hell - I didn't realize he was such a goal scorer to be honest. 108 senior appearances 44 goals

I actually think he is worth a punt at £3.75M as if he did cut it in the Prem - You would double your money at least on him.

Only time he has not scored loads of goals was when playing for Newcastle, when imagine it was lots of sub appearances and in and out of the starting line up, and young.

decent player I have to say but I wouldnt put him much better than Vaughan or Victor who will be the future of this club. Would we be wasting money we need? Untill we get linked with good players like Yakubu/Bent/Defoe id rather us get Fernandes & a winger.

From the last 2 games Vaughan has played with A.J IMO he has played better than A.J. Yes he is a kid and wants to prove himself but I really think we need Fernandes and a winger before a striker.

decent player I have to say but I wouldnt put him much better than Vaughan or Victor who will be the future of this club. Would we be wasting money we need? Untill we get linked with good players like Yakubu/Bent/Defoe id rather us get Fernandes & a winger.

From the last 2 games Vaughan has played with A.J IMO he has played better than A.J. Yes he is a kid and wants to prove himself but I really think we need Fernandes and a winger before a striker.

If Beattie goes and he probabley will then we will need to bring in a replacement. I know Victor and Vauhan have been playing well - But the pair of them have had there injury problems to date.

With Beattie gone, and if we had any sort of injury to AJ - The we would be looking at Victor, Vaughan and McFadden as the pick for the forwards. I am not sure that they would cope just yet for a prolonged period in the team - They are both still very young.

Guest blueboy122

I personally think that we are looking at the wrong type of striker we need to be looking at a big strong fella who can hold the ball up and win headers maybe yakuba but he doesnt do anything for me darren bent same doesnt do anything for me.

Any suggestions??

NO FUCKING WAY

MC is at best a Fizzy pop league player, let's not fuck about here, crap at The Skunks and that is why they sold him to a minor Welsh team.

ATB

Mac

Actually, Newcastle offered him another years contract, but he turned it down as he at 22 years old he wanted to play as a first team regular, and was prepared to go down a division to do it. So they didn't sell him becasue he was crap. Respect to any young player who is prepared to leave a bigger club for a smaller club to play first team football and develop his game, to many are prepared to sit on the backsides for a wedge of money and the chance of the odd sub appearence on the big stage.

The reason he was so called 'crap' at Newcastle, was becasue Newcastle were crap in general. Just because a player is thrown into a injury ravaged Newcastle team at the age of 21 doesn't make him crap. If you are going to totally judge a player on less than a handful of starts and a few sub appearences for a poor Newcastle team, then you are slightly blinkered.

He is a hard working intellegent forward player who can hit the back of the net.

I would have him at the club ahead of Beattie at this moment in time. If Beattie goes for around the £4M mark, then he is very much a credible option if Nugent is being over priced.

2000- 2006 Necastle 21 (1)

2003 - Watford (loan) 5 (5) age 19

2004 - Nottingham Forest (loan) 5 (0) age 20

2004–2005 - Barnsley (loan) 39 (17) age 20-21

2006 - 2007 - Cardiff City 42 (22) age 22-23

Counting all these game (inc Newcastle) a in 45 gaols in 112 games. Has shown a very decent goal to game ration for a player who has been farmed out to a number of clubs, so all these stats include 3-4 or settling in periods.

No, he is not yet proven Premiership class, but you don't get anywhere near proven Premiership class for £3.75M you get proven Championship class, and the potential to be Premiership class.

Actually, Newcastle offered him another years contract, but he turned it down as he at 22 years old he wanted to play as a first team regular, and was prepared to go down a division to do it. So they didn't sell him becasue he was crap. Respect to any young player who is prepared to leave a bigger club for a smaller club to play first team football and develop his game, to many are prepared to sit on the backsides for a wedge of money and the chance of the odd sub appearence on the big stage.

The reason he was so called 'crap' at Newcastle, was becasue Newcastle were crap in general. Just because a player is thrown into a injury ravaged Newcastle team at the age of 21 doesn't make him crap. If you are going to totally judge a player on less than a handful of starts and a few sub appearences for a poor Newcastle team, then you are slightly blinkered.

He is a hard working intellegent forward player who can hit the back of the net.

I would have him at the club ahead of Beattie at this moment in time. If Beattie goes for around the £4M mark, then he is very much a credible option if Nugent is being over priced.

2000- 2006 Necastle 21 (1)

2003 - Watford (loan) 5 (5) age 19

2004 - Nottingham Forest (loan) 5 (0) age 20

2004–2005 - Barnsley (loan) 39 (17) age 20-21

2006 - 2007 - Cardiff City 42 (22) age 22-23

Counting all these game (inc Newcastle) a in 45 gaols in 112 games. Has shown a very decent goal to game ration for a player who has been farmed out to a number of clubs, so all these stats include 3-4 or settling in periods.

No, he is not yet proven Premiership class, but you don't get anywhere near proven Premiership class for £3.75M you get proven Championship class, and the potential to be Premiership class.

I'm in no way in favour of this if it is true but you make a good case Rob.

Theres one player who I think is a goos comparison here, Robert Ernshaw he is magic in the championship & for Wales but cant do it in the prem. I'm cautious of the fact that the prem is a big step and of what I'v seen Chopra doesnt look as good as some who have failed!!

I'm in no way in favour of this if it is true but you make a good case Rob.

Theres one player who I think is a goos comparison here, Robert Ernshaw he is magic in the championship & for Wales but cant do it in the prem. I'm cautious of the fact that the prem is a big step and of what I'v seen Chopra doesnt look as good as some who have failed!!

Hear what you are saying - Earnshaw is a very good goal scorer, as good as anybody in the Championship over the last 5 year and his goal record in the Prem isn't actually to shabby. He scored 12 goals in the Prem for West Brom, most comming of the subs bench. Trouble with Earnshaw is that he isn't that good a footballer. He scores his fair share of chances but doesn't contibute that much else during the game(holding the ball up, tracking back, running down the channels and brinning others in to play). So the only comparison between Chopra and Earnshaw is they can score goals in the Championship. Chopra is actually a intelegent player as well, bringing others in to the game. So maybe a better comparison may be Dean Ashton or Nugent.

What I am saying is, he is a good footballer and has a decent goal scoring record. We missed out big time on a certain Dean Ashton from Crewe for around the £3M mark. Maybe Chopra could be the same type. Worst case he doesn't do that well and a top Championship club buy him next summer for around £3M (same as what happened to Earnshaw), not as big as gamble as perhaps Nugent for £6M, when you know you would never get that money back from a Championship side.

Just another, perhaps a more cost effective, option for replacing Beattie this summer. As I think everybody is in agreement that he has to be replaced, and our youngsters are perhaps a season or two away from being first 11 choices . I think we some times forget just how young Victor and Vaughan really are, I would say it is slightly unfair to have them as first choice strikers just yet. Both have the potential to be a great first team strike force but lets have a bit of sence and not put undue pressure on them.

Aaron Lennon, Theo Walcott, Micah Richards, Leighton Baines, Billy Sharp, Gareth Bale, need i go on.

All these players where first team regulars and playing every week before they where 18, if your good enough your old enough, Think if push came to the shove Victor and Vaughany would not let us down, and its the only way to get the experience to improve.

Its no good loaning them out to 2nd and 3rd division Clubs, because they still come back untested or unproven at premier level, DM should play them more often.

Could save us a lot of money in transfer fees, but they are at the stage now when they want to play on a regular basis, and if Davie Does'nt make his mind up soon they will move on.

Rob you mention Ashton and IMO he's another who will never be a great prem striker just an average one. Set the lower devisions on fire, came up to the prem and scored a few before being sold on at a massivly over inflated price.

I'll stick my head on the block and say Ashton will never get 20 goals in a season!

I'm not against giving anyone a go infact I think we should be getting kids from the lower leagues but strikers are strange breed and you need to be careful with them. There will be a bidding war for Chopra between a handfull of prem clubs & all the clubs that come up so I estimate his price will end nearer the 5 million mark for that I'd rather get Nugent or take a chance on one of the other hot shots for 2-3mil!!!!

Ashton is a very good player - Not a goal scoring machine, but gets his fair share. He is one player I am pig sick Moyes didn't buy. Would love to have him at he club, although would want to see how he fair after the iinjury he has had this season.

Still stand by the fact that, bar Johnson, relying on a couple of youngsters for our forward line with less than half a dozen Prem games under there belt, it would be irresponsable to both the team and the two players in question. In a couple of year time when they are 20/21 maybe but with both just 18, would be foolish to get rid of Beattie and not bring another forward this summer. you need a little experience as well as the enthusiasum of youth in a sqaud, its no suprise that they pick up knocks and injuries, they need a year or two to just settle in to Prem level football proper.

I see your point Rob, but what I was driving at is this - too much money for a relatively untested player who will have to measure up to some of the best players in the world on a weekly basis. I just could have phrased my objection in a more "thinking" way.

A retro step IMO, the second any half decent British scorer comes on the market his price is vastly inflated.

ATB

Mac

Guest blueboy122

List of strikers good enuff for everton football club that we should be thinking about getting :

Robbie Keane, Alan Smith, Marlon Harewood,Bobby Zamora, Emile Heskey ( Na onli pullin ya leg!!),Marlon King (Maybe),Darren Bent,etc

Very roughly there are two types of player you go for in the transfer market.

The proven - you expect these to walk in to the first 11 and do a job from day one - your Beatties, Keanes etc. For these players you pay a premium in both transfer fee and wages.

The unproven - the ones you buy young or with no little to no Premier experience who have been looking decent overseas or in the lower leagues. They are comparatively cheaper and wages a lot lower less.

A club like Everton need to try and operate mainly in the top end of the 'unproven' market as we don't have the money to just shop on the 'proven' market.

I would say on average Moyses best buys are the players in from the unproven bracket - Cahill, Lesscot and Arteta. How much are they now worth as proven players - out of our finacial reach if we wanted to buy those three this summer!!

Don't forget the likes of Smith and Keane will demand decent transfer figures and without a doubt will be wanting to be our best paid players, as they are likey to be already on more money that the top earner already at the club.

Can't run a club with Champagne tastes with lemonade pockets I'm afraid.

That's the market Everton need to be the most competative in and at the moment Chopra and Nugent I would say are the current pick of the Championship strikers as a replacement for Beattie.

I liked CHopra when he was at Newcastle, could for a good partnership with AJ, like previosue posts have stated he has set the Championship on fire, will almost definatly cheaper than Nugent (although Id still prefer Nugent). Would be interesting to see how he would cope back in the premiership, If a big club like ourselves doesnt come in for him then I would imagine he will definatly end up with one of the new boys.

Guest blueboy122

Belfast Toffee u obvisously think we need as sum1 pointed out a proven striker.Hello we can not afford villa ot torres or anyone like that. Harewood great player zamora alright ashton great player bent are you blind do u watch football i am talking about darren bent not marcus!

Belfast Toffee u obvisously think we need as sum1 pointed out a proven striker.Hello we can not afford villa ot torres or anyone like that. Harewood great player zamora alright ashton great player bent are you blind do u watch football i am talking about darren bent not marcus!

When did I ever say anything about Villa or Torres? Nugent is the one I want.

Harewood a great player?? and your asking me if im blind, he is pants, end of.

I agree about Ashton, very good player.

Zamora aint good enough for this club.

Darren Bent, ok, but Charlton were coming out with ridiculous price tags for him in January (£18m Pardew reckoned) when really he is not worth any more than £8m, do you believe he is any better than AJ? No didnt think so, as i said leave the over-rated and over-priced(which you surely cannot deny) to Spurs/Villa/Newcastle, it is their speciality.

D. Bent is the best that have been mentioned so far that we could afford if charlton get relegated we could get him for around £5M and i think he is worth it.

If you can get bent for £5m, I'll have two. :lol:

Mind you DM was offered Bent by Joe Royle for £3m, but chose to get the Cheaper Marcus instead. :unsure: