Champions League your Havin a Laugh

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See, sometimes good does win over evil.

I noticed Fatarse Benitez complaining about the amount of injury time. He had a point but I wish he'd stop moaning. Besides their goal was offside so shut up and I know it will never happen but he should take defeat graciously. Twat.

The rest of the week is going to be most enjoyable.

To be honest, as much as I was almost dancing around with the delight after watchin the interviews I thought I'd say that my opinion of Jamie Carragher has risen dramatically. He took the defeat very well and never went down the Arsenal route of blaming everyone but themselves and even admitted that you have to give credit to Milan and they deserved it. Much respect as I'm sure it would have been easier to moan.

Liverpool fans clashed with police after the game apparently. Think they're trying to get the Blues banned from Europe again??

Like we dont have anything better to do. And you dont need our help to go out of Europe next season.

--------------

Genuinely gutted after the game. Whoever blaming Rafa's tactics is out of his mind. Rafa got it spot on. They never looking like scoring till they actually fluked one. Typical Inzhagi, never gives you anything in a game but a goal of the one chance he gets.

We smothered the so called best player in the year into obscurity in the first half. Except for a good dribble, i dont recall him get one over Mascherano in the half. Buy of the season if we're able to secure a buy, would be very disappointed if we have to let him go at the end of next season. If Kaka had got anywhere near the space/chances the Gerrard did, we would have been split open. Just shows how good we are as a defensive unit.

We didnt get our shooting boots on yesterday, that is what led to the loss. We had so many half chances and that Gerrard chance on the stroke of an hour shouldnt have been missed. No one could deliver the final ball. Our work rate, defending, closing down was absolutely fantastic. Just couldnt score.

And the refereeing was ridiculous. Every 50-50 went their every and he whistled a good 40 seconds before the 3 minute stoppage time. Should have been 4 minutes anyways with 6 subs and a couple of injury fakes from Inzhagi. Platini must be loving it, football's finally being a non contact sport.

Ah well, atleast we beat two teams against whom we were never given a chance of beating en route to Athens. And we also showed that we were the better team on the day. It wasnt our day unfortunately, it was always Milans. Our 'scandinavean' support was brilliant though, dont you think? Top draw, all the game and after.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U and even you guys can fuck off. You werent there, we were. g'day.

Edited by xavier

2-1 milan i hope.

whats FORZA MILAN actually mean? im pretty sure its come on milan isnt it?

anyways seen alot of evertonions saying it so ive shoved it on me msn =]

wish i put a bet one now <_<

xav you dont half sound bitter :P

Edited by Everton Lad

I wondred how long it would be before they started moaning about everything that never happened. Why not grow up and do as Jamie Caragher did and admit defeat.???? Instead of coming on an EVERTON forum to moan at everyone??? And If your fans where so great why was there 91 arresets?? Asset to the club them lot!!

xav you dont half sound bitter :P

AND

I wondred how long it would be before they started moaning about everything that never happened. Why not grow up and do as Jamie Caragher did and admit defeat.???? Instead of coming on an EVERTON forum to moan at everyone??? And If your fans where so great why was there 91 arresets?? Asset to the club them lot!!

Its the General footie discussion forum isnt it? Maybe you should just remove that part of the messageboard if you cant take other fans posting down here.

If you put forward the reason on WHY they were arrested, we'd actually know what had happened. Lots of shit went down in Athens yesterday. Touts having a lot of tickets in their hands (fake ones too, many gullible ones bought fakes), charging exorbitant rates, the entrace for supporters inside the stadium became bottleneck, many things. If this is a case of 'Englsih Hooliganism', then i take my words back. But these are scousers too, remember?

I'm bitter on how we lost it, yeah. Took a jammy deflection off the hand in the 45th minute after a simulation by the 'worlds greatest player' (to be honest he was always going to go down when touched in that position, gerrard did in 05)

But if ya'll (plural) actually read what ive written, ive said that we would have won if we had our shooting boots on. Ive put forward MOST if not all of the reasons we've lost and the refereeing, and the other moans i did we're a part of it, inderictly if not direct.

Im just disappointed in the manner where some of you have completely failed to give credit where its due.

Edited by xavier

A flight to Athens £400

A ticket to the game £40 (for the lucky ones)

seeing the scousers cry on the tele?

PRICELESS !!!!!

Luck can't win you two european cups

for every thing else, theres Mastercard

:lol:

Please rephrase that not to read scousers as I wasnt crying. Oh sorry, yes I was, Crying with laughter

Xavier..............."you guys can fuck off You werent there, we were. g'day."

C'mon Xav this is a Blue Forum, and most on here are overjoyed that you lost, but its because we wont have Reds coming out of the woodwork ramming 6 times down our throats and gloating for weeks and weeks, thats all.

You have to accept some stick when things go wrong for you, just as we would have to, if you had won. ;)

Like we dont have anything better to do. And you dont need our help to go out of Europe next season.

--------------

Genuinely gutted after the game. Whoever blaming Rafa's tactics is out of his mind. Rafa got it spot on. They never looking like scoring till they actually fluked one. Typical Inzhagi, never gives you anything in a game but a goal of the one chance he gets.

We smothered the so called best player in the year into obscurity in the first half. Except for a good dribble, i dont recall him get one over Mascherano in the half. Buy of the season if we're able to secure a buy, would be very disappointed if we have to let him go at the end of next season. If Kaka had got anywhere near the space/chances the Gerrard did, we would have been split open. Just shows how good we are as a defensive unit.

We didnt get our shooting boots on yesterday, that is what led to the loss. We had so many half chances and that Gerrard chance on the stroke of an hour shouldnt have been missed. No one could deliver the final ball. Our work rate, defending, closing down was absolutely fantastic. Just couldnt score.

And the refereeing was ridiculous. Every 50-50 went their every and he whistled a good 40 seconds before the 3 minute stoppage time. Should have been 4 minutes anyways with 6 subs and a couple of injury fakes from Inzhagi. Platini must be loving it, football's finally being a non contact sport.

Ah well, atleast we beat two teams against whom we were never given a chance of beating en route to Athens. And we also showed that we were the better team on the day. It wasnt our day unfortunately, it was always Milans. Our 'scandinavean' support was brilliant though, dont you think? Top draw, all the game and after.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U and even you guys can fuck off. You werent there, we were. g'day.

Was meant as a tongue in cheek comment Xav, surely that's obvious. And as Licker said, you can't deny us some joy (or relief) on our own forum!!

As for the refereeing decisions, yes you had some go against you but Kaka was pulled back when clear through by the linesman's flag when clearly onside and your goal was offside also so swings and roundabouts.

To be fair to the players, Carragher and that lanky fella were very gracious in defeat and have gone up in my estimations (slightly).

The major relief fo me was that I didn't have to come home from work through the city centre in the midst of a glorious homecoming like two years ago, one of the worst 90 mins of my life!

Anyway that's my last post on this event, let's get back to talking about Everton!!

You can't really comment on the arrests as English people have a 'reputation' so as soon as something happens, straight in split them up and take 'em. It could have been the Milan fans as they're not exactly innocent.

Xav - Kudos on coming on here when the boot was on the other foot but...

Some things I'd like to say, not completely aimed at you but what a few fans have said to me about it.

Firstly the decisions, don't forget some of the decision went your way so it wasn't all against you. Also how do you think Milan felt last year, they were 3-0 up and fucked it up. I'd be more gutted with that then a 2-1 defeat.

Another thing you said was that you were the better team, so was Milan in '05 but looked out that turned out. Some great saves by Dudek and solid defending you managed to hold in there for pens, oh and you have a lot of luck that day.

About luck, ahh some Liverpool fans cursing their luck. Makes me laugh, well know you all know how Milan felt after '05.

But, as you said we weren't there so what do we know about European football :P

Heard some of the stories off Liverpool Fans who went to Athens on how 70 year old men were assualted and had their tickets stolen, how men with 5 year old kids were left bleeding half to death for their tickets. All this done by our own fans. Absolute scum (minority).

The UEFA could have done a lot better with the policing and general security. But they're never going to take some blame that they deserve for it.

Sometimes i wonder that we'd be better of with the G-14. But how 'fans' could cause that much pain to their own kind is ridiculous. I dont understand it.

Edited by xavier

Heard some of the stories off Liverpool Fans who went to Athens on how 70 year old men were assualted and had their tickets stolen, how men with 5 year old kids were left bleeding half to death for their tickets. All this done by our own fans. Absolute scum (minority).

The UEFA could have done a lot better with the policing and general security. But they're never going to take some blame that they deserve for it.

Sometimes i wonder that we'd be better of with the G-14. But how 'fans' could cause that much pain to their own kind is ridiculous. I dont understand it.

I would have thought you're fans would have learnt lessons from Hillsborough, or at least respected their own. They can't be real fans to do that to their own surely?

RS have a track record of behaving badly in the face of a European game. If I was the Greek Bizzies I would CS anyone in a red shirt, all it takes is a small panic to create a major incident. I have stood on the Kop many times and found it to be a nasty experience, fans my arse. When it comes to RS hit them hard, hit them first - no apologies.

ATB

Mac

Remember United fans getting some trashing from Italian police in rome.

Likewise, Boro fans caused a huge problem in the UEFA Cup final last season.

Would you not agree with the fact that every club has its trouble makers, be it Liverpool, Everton, Man U, whoever?

Edited by xavier

Mith listen very carefully, Liverpool have major issues with order, and streaming into a game with composure and decency. I am not saying it was right for the GCP to go storming in, but if it saved one fucking life I say CS them all. They will recover, CS disperses. If they had valid tickets, boo fucking hoo, take it up with the scrotes who burst through the cordon and took a place that was not theirs tby right.

ATB

Mac

Mith listen very carefully, Liverpool have major issues with order, and streaming into a game with composure and decency. I am not saying it was right for the GCP to go storming in, but if it saved one fucking life I say CS them all. They will recover, CS disperses. If they had valid tickets, boo fucking hoo, take it up with the scrotes who burst through the cordon and took a place that was not theirs tby right.

ATB

Mac

Very sensitively put Mac

Here is an interesting video interview with a UEFA bloke

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/sol/newsid_66...bw=bb&mp=rm