IGNORED

Pre Season Friendlies

Gwlad

Oh you only like it coz you did a pitch invasion on AJ liam! :lol:

(or am i getting the oppo wrong? :lol: )

I'v been on the pitch at a few away grounds mate but you have the right game.

It's a short train ride to manchester and then a long tram ride to Bury, when you get off the ground is about 1.5miles away and there is about 10 pubs on the road to the ground so you can have a good pub crawl on the way there. The ground isnt too bad either!

We took a liverpool fan with us last year and he said when we got home it was the best day out he'd ever had :D

For anyone who hasnt done an away game on the train before it's a good little trip to find your feet for any bigger trips you may make during the season.

It's exactly like that and Manure do it quite often in pre season, the game is actually in doubt now.

Major grounds for concern

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

By Stuart McKinley

A glamour friendly to mark the 25th year of the Milk Cup could turn sour.

The match between a Northern Ireland international team and Premiership side Everton has been arranged for Saturday July 14 at the Coleraine Showgrounds.

The hosting of the game in the north-west, however, was in doubt last night as it emerged that a report on the condition of the ground raised a number of concerns over public safety.

The Milk Cup has been staged in the Coleraine area since 1983 and is widely regarded as one of the world's top youth football tournaments, with the finals played at the Showgrounds.

The venue may now be deemed unfit to stage either the Northern Ireland v Everton friendly or the Milk Cup at the end of July if repair work isn't carried out.

In addition to that, gaining the release of international players for such a game, when clubs are in their pre-season programme, is likely to prove problematic for the IFA.

Fans can expect the team that represents Northern Ireland against the Merseysiders - which will see under-21 manager Roy Millar in charge - to be vastly different to that which takes on Liechtenstein at Windsor park in Nigel Worthington's first match in charge six weeks later.

And the Everton line-up is unlikely to be at full strength either. Although manager David Moyes has promised the Milk Cup committee that the Toffees will bring a strong squad, they also have a friendly against League Two side Bury on the same afternoon.

Last night Irish FA chief executive Howard Wells vowed that the association will work to put a strong team together for the game.

"We will be trying to focus the team on players who have taken part in the Milk Cup and it will be put together by invitation," said Wells.

"From there we will see which players can be released.

"Nigel Worthington and Roy Millar will discuss the make-up of the team and Roy has been instrumental along with the Milk Cup people in getting the game on."

Source: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/

I hope it gets cancelled cos I know I'm gona get my arm twisted to go and I'm struggling to find my Europe money at the moment :(