IGNORED

Beattie To Derby

Dont want Beattie to stay but don't want him to leave unless we have a replacement in for him in advance.

Can't afford to go into the new season where we hope for a lot longer season (in terms of games we play) than last season with only 3 strikers of which 2 are only younsters.

If a decent replacement is brought in for Beattie I don't min him leaving but if it was either him and 4 strikers or 3m and 3 strikers I know what I would rather choose. (and also by the time the January windows open that 33m will all of a sudden disappeared

i agree adam. if he is going to leave, which judging by the numerous reports since january then we can only let him go if we replace him instantly. Our priority is to improve and increase the squad as with the expected extra games our small (yet very efficient) squad simply won't be able to fight on 4 fronts.

We lost cahill and AJ for large parts of the season and we were only really competing in 1 competition!!!!

I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about Beattie. Here was a lad with a growing reputation, who looked a proper striker to carry the workload upfront and who'd help others around him to get goals, while banging in a few himself. I was excited that finally we'd signalled our intent to solve the problem of only our midfield weighing in with goals.

Instead we got an injury then that headbutt incident against Chelsea (get outta my wayyyyy) and as they say "start as you mean to go on".

If Vaughan and Anichebe are ahead of him in the pecking order, I say cash in now and let's get players who can make a difference.

If he starts the season with us, and we go past that transfer window, you KNOW his value will continue to plummet because he'll be talking about the latest Wii or PS3 games with his mates in the dugout.