IGNORED

Van Der Meyde

If this is true i raise my hat to him......

"He has only managed to complete 90 minutes once - against Blackburn Rovers in the FA Cup - in 21 appearances".

Is that a mistake, because i thought he was substituted in all the games he started, or only came on as a sub during a game.

Does anybody know for certain. :)

He was always a risky signing with his injuries, it just never paid off.

To be honest it must be fairly frustrating as a player to be injured so often. OK he has been well paid for his time at Goodison. But watching you careers slowly go down the pan must be a bit sole destroying on a personnal level, so I for one am not going to hurl abuse at the fella, but will still be glad when he is gone.

He was always a risky signing with his injuries, it just never paid off.

To be honest it must be fairly frustrating as a player to be injured so often. OK he has been well paid for his time at Goodison. But watching you careers slowly go down the pan must be a bit sole destroying on a personnal level, so I for one am not going to hurl abuse at the fella, but will still be glad when he is gone.

Aaaah bless, his career of earning £1m a year is going down the pan, what will he do with all that cash and loads of free time? Hmmmmmmmmmm

You'd think Moyes would have learned his lesson by now...

Kroldrup, now VDM....players who are basically overhyped continental mercenaries....

Instead he's got Jag and Nugent basically BEGGING to come and play for the team...proven triers, who will give their best for the club, and he's done nothing about it. Staying British, look at Lescott and AJ last season...gripping firmly their chance at Premiership life. Not to say imports don't have their place, like Howard, Yobo, Cahill, Arteta...but when you have British players choosing Everton before we've even come in strongly for them, then I say move heaven and earth to get them.

If the likes of Bolton or Sunderland get hold of them, it will just demonstrate that procrastination and trying to tie up swap deals or hold out for that final quid's discount is ultimately hurting the forward progress of this club....

As for VDM... all he is trying to do is resurrect his career that he has basically thrown down the toilet himself. He's trying to blame others for not cutting it. I can understand frustration IF he'd had a superior player ahead of him blocking his way, but he's not. He's simply been unable to show Premiership standard and consistency.

Cut the dead wood loose. Let's get players who will sweat blood to be on that pitch in that blue shirt, like we all ultimately would if given the opportunity...

Kroldrup, now VDM....players who are basically overhyped continental mercenaries....

Instead he's got Jag and Nugent basically BEGGING to come and play for the team...proven triers, who will give their best for the club, and he's done nothing about it. Staying British, look at Lescott and AJ last season...gripping firmly their chance at Premiership life. Not to say imports don't have their place, like Howard, Yobo, Cahill, Arteta...but when you have British players choosing Everton before we've even come in strongly for them, then I say move heaven and earth to get them.

If the likes of Bolton or Sunderland get hold of them, it will just demonstrate that procrastination and trying to tie up swap deals or hold out for that final quid's discount is ultimately hurting the forward progress of this club....

As for VDM... all he is trying to do is resurrect his career that he has basically thrown down the toilet himself. He's trying to blame others for not cutting it. I can understand frustration IF he'd had a superior player ahead of him blocking his way, but he's not. He's simply been unable to show Premiership standard and consistency.

Cut the dead wood loose. Let's get players who will sweat blood to be on that pitch in that blue shirt, like we all ultimately would if given the opportunity...

Please tell me how Kroldrup was a mercenery. Most people hadn't even heard of the lad before we signed him, and then quickly realised he couldn't head a ball. Everyone had heard of VDM and also knew he had had problems in the past as Licker likes to remind us on occasions :P But how you can compare the two is beyond me. We have made two completely different mistakes with those two players.

I totally agree Kroldrup and VDM are different mistakes, but both have been mistakes.

My reasons for lumping the two together? Both from the continent and both quick to blame others for their failure at Everton.

But lets not get away from the point here... taking gambles on continental players simply because they have played in Europe may work for the United's and the Chelsea's and the Spurs who have 20 mil to spend on PROVEN continental talent, but we can't afford to, so why ignore homegrown talent?

Moyes has shown shrewdness at home, let's hope he continues to do so.

I totally agree Kroldrup and VDM are different mistakes, but both have been mistakes.

My reasons for lumping the two together? Both from the continent and both quick to blame others for their failure at Everton.

But lets not get away from the point here... taking gambles on continental players simply because they have played in Europe may work for the United's and the Chelsea's and the Spurs who have 20 mil to spend on PROVEN continental talent, but we can't afford to, so why ignore homegrown talent?

Moyes has shown shrewdness at home, let's hope he continues to do so.

He shouldn't ignore homegrown talent but we need some players who have European experience in our team. Neville is a good player to have, but one or two others wouldn't go amiss IMO.

Damed if you do and damed if you dont

I think you like to see thing how you want to see them instead of seeing thing how they are, you make things sound so simple

I cant be arsed pointing out the nonsense in your post again

Damed if you do and damed if you dont

I think you like to see thing how you want to see them instead of seeing thing how they are, you make things sound so simple

I cant be arsed pointing out the nonsense in your post again

No Zed please DO! It's pretty strong to call a person's opinion "nonsense" without backing up your claims. Are you saying I'm completely wrong, that my opinion counts for nothing? So let's hear it.

After all this is a forum and people are entitled to voice their opinions. If you disagree say why. But please bear in mind the following:

I've not come on here to attack David Moyes, BK, or any other person who loves Everton Football Club, and anything I say is due to MY love of Everton. My desire to see them improve and compete with the very best again. I believe they can...!

I defend Everton every single day against friends and colleagues who are Red Sh:te supporters or worse (fairweather Mancs and Chelsea fans). And rarely have they called my opinions "nonsense".

I'm willing to hear your opinion Zed, and more than likely I've agreed with it in the last couple of years of reading this site.