IGNORED

Moyes Wants More Players...

Probably all available income from Sky etc has been sucked into paying our wack towards the new stadium. I trhink I heard somewher Everton have to find 30M. The rationale behind it is a new stadium will make us far more attractive to a potential investor.

That if true has just burst my head, we only needed 30mil to get the kings dock project moving years ago :angry:

I was thinking that with DM moaning about the prices surely he should be looking at doing something about it.

Either he pays the higher prices for the players (as we said before a player is only worth what someone will pay for him). Why shoud; Sunderland and Wigan have to match our prices and take there chances that the player will join them. They have more money than us so offer more for a player and then we don't have a chance. If we could offer more money for a player that we and Liverpool wanted we would so Liverpool don't get the chance.

If not going to pay the higher money then he needs to look abroad for good young players like Wenger does.

No point just moaning about the pices and not signing anyone otherwise will never take the next step and will always be behind the other teams

I love the fact that on the Everton website on the what the papers say section for the last 3-4 weeks each day its been who we are being linked with signing now on todays all the stories are about DM moaning about the spending of other clubs

dont get me wrong i like david moyes but y is he coming out moaning about what other clubs are paying thinks its slighty embraasing if i club wants wants a player they will pay slighty more then there worth to make sure they get them thats just football just everton are to tight to open there wallets i hope we sign more players but it just aint looking good

It is annoying. I agree with the fact that obviously the stadium is slurrping up a lot of the money but still we need the most investment in the team imo. It is there where u lay the foundations. It's the case of finding a happy medium between both. I was expecting us to spend at least 12-15million this summer tbh. Looks unlikely!

This season will be an interesting one. There will be about 6 -8 clubs thinking of UEFA cup and it is SO close between them all.

The season will hinge on injuries.

fuck me!

after reading this thread i just wanna curl up and die!

been a rubbish week in work and you miserable bastards have totally made me worse!

will someone do me a favour and kick this bucket from under my feet!

i was getting all excited by the friendly on saturday, looking forward to getting back on a terrace, now i just wanna fucking die!

thanks TT

I KNOW!

come on people this is abit like depressing the way people are going on i mean im unhappy but what some people are forgetting is that these clubs need to spend all there millions as we allready have it on the pitch in the likes of cahill arteta lesscot ect and weve done very well to not lose any good players for another season.

there is still along way to go in the transfere window and weve got 1 absolute steal in jagielka witch will proove a huge adddition and we are still looking to bring in more. You cant rush these things for all we know he could bring in a great signing next week then it will be happy days.

or even better beatie could score a hatrick in the friendlys an set the world alight, weel be ok we allways are

so everyone calm down please :)

You have new owners at Liverpool - Spend Spend Spend

You have new owners at West Ham - Spend Spend Spend

You have new owner at Villa - Spending has already started

You are also going to have the same at Man City

Sunderland have a few bob (from where I don't know) but are willing to spend just to attrach player to the club,

Wigan are also doing the same.

This year the market is definately booming for SELLING clubs!! At least we are not watching the likes of Cahill, Arteta, Johnston and Lescott going out of the door. And that is a very good sign considering the money players are going for

We have a decent squad of player, abit a little small - They got us 6th last season, with Beattie and VDM contibuting little to nothing. Don't forget Vaughan's impact was only minimal last year. This year we should really consider him an extra player. Cahill was out for the majority of the season. So only need one or two of those players to have a good consistent season and we are ahead of what we had last season, add to that Jagielka then things are not that bad.

We have good rid of some dead weight this summer -

It is sometimes frustrating that we aren't buying more players we would like - But I am glad the club aren't being put in finacial crisis by the board and the manager.

I have mentioned on other posts we are going to have to cut our cloth accordingly, Moyes has come out and said he only has money of one other major signing (what £5-6M??) so he is doing the right thing and focusing on which single player we need the most - I can see why Nugent isn't at the club as foward line is not the weakest position.

One decent left sider and some loans as cover would do me if that the bottom line.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying I want to see the club signing 6 players and spending loads of money but what I would expect the club to do is spend like they did last summer.

I see the signing of Jag as the same as the signin of Lescott so if we bring in another player of AJ abality and then 1 or 2 loan signings I would be happy (providing the loans are on option to buy)

If DM came out next week and completed the signing of Manny and then brought in say a left back on loan or another striker on loan along with say a free transfer then I would be happy with that at is means that we are adding to what we have got as well as improving the squad.

If he doesn' bring anyone else in then won't be happy but IF what he says today about 1 big signing and loan signings then i will be happy