IGNORED

Vogel To Become A Blue

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defensive midfielder Played 17 times for Real Betis last season and only 14 times for Milan the season before, so he hasnt played an awfull lot of footy (31 games in two seasons) but is very experienced in Europe.

But you have to ask why so few games, does he suffer from injuries or is he just not good enough to get into the side. ???

And Do we need another defensive mid, Carsley, Neville, Jagielka, Da Silva. ???? ............... Wingers Please.

he couldnt get into milans side...but can you judge him for that being behind so many wolrd class players like pirlo and gattuso...not sure about his betis career....but he's a good player and for nothing is worth a punt... as you say you get the experience.... we do have defensive mids but how will they manage in europe? i can't see carsley playing in the uefa much da silva i'm thinkin he ight be a squaddie/for the future perhaps and i think jags is bought for defence ....which leaves only neville really

decent player this lads seen him play for the swiss a few times. Good on the ball doesnt give it away much. Actually when i think of it i feel he is better than any of the names already mentioned for the defensive mid role. United wanted to buy him last summer if i remember right.

A tidy player - Well experienced at the top levels, would be a very good addition to the squad, probably a better player than Carsley and a couple of years younger so its a no brainer bringing him to the club on a free to be honest.

Good work if we get him

Also on ICliverpool website and they had the story of Jags signing before confirmed so maybe looking promising.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0400eve...-name_page.html

As I said don't know anything about him but being a free transfer and giving us cover maybe worth a shout

Even Everton have confirmed due in for talks. Can't see them saying that unless the confident he will sign

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/blue...ogel-talks.html

Edited by Adam

club confuse me sometimes..last week we do our business udner the radar ...the 'everton way' and now we come out on our site and confirm we're planning on holding talks.... surely you would say that afterwards, have they not learnt their lesson yet? ... even if the deal comes off i'm suprised that we have openly talked about before anything remotely concrete

Glad were looking to sign him, I think he will be a great signing this lad and he's on a free so what more could we ask. It says he is comfortable on the ball so Ive heard it will benefit us, we need some1 like that when ever Phil or Lee are on the ball it seems there desperate go get rid so we will wait and see what he is like.

Good find moyes

Edited by Blue4Ever

Glad we have singed him, I think he will be better than our other defensive midfield options and he's on a free so what more could we ask. It says he is comfortable on the ball and we need some1 like that there when ever Phil or Lee are on the ball it seems there desperate go get rid so we will wait and see.

Good find moyes

We havnt signed him

club confuse me sometimes..last week we do our business udner the radar ...the 'everton way' and now we come out on our site and confirm we're planning on holding talks.... surely you would say that afterwards, have they not learnt their lesson yet? ... even if the deal comes off i'm suprised that we have openly talked about before anything remotely concrete

yeah...I think the "Everton Way" was a smoke screen for "we have no money but will pretend we are trying to buy people..."

anyway, I think Vogel will be a good addition and free.....the Everton Price. :D

i'm always surprised by our lack of funds and our lack of activity in the free transfer market.... this will make a change

but as i said before i can't help but question how we've gone about this, why not keep it under wraps like other rumours... i can see it becoming a 'sup johann have 2 quid a week' he doesn't sign and we come out n say we tried... same old shit ... after the lack of transfer activity and the growing number of fans frustrated with our clubs lack of communication with us (whether you think it is right or wrong, personalyl i'd rather not be told about targets) i can't help but feel in the back of my head that this is just PR work .... sorry for making this so negative for you liam :D

In his role as a defensive midfield player, in which he uses his ability to pass accurately and to effectively retain possession of the ball, Vogel can be counted on to add depth to either defence or attack.

sounds a great addtion on a free if we get him

they must be pretty confident to come out an talk of the deal.

i se that as a good adition as a free and still expect money to be spent

Most prob as about as confident as they were with landing Momo Sissoko.

Only 1 reason they have come out and said about him is to keep the fans happy for a while. I honestly beleive had there not been stuff on the internet over the last week or so about fans being un happy and DM and Stubbs coming out and saying what they said we would not know about this transfer until it happend (thats if it happend)

^^^ Yer agree

I agree, however, a great acquisition if it comes off. Someone who has played at the highest level, has experience generally, they can't all be young players, we need the odd older head and with the team coming together the way it is, I see this as great business. At 30 has about 4 years left as a DM, and will provide excellent competition for Carsley this season. And for Free, cant get better than that. Lets hope this comes off.

Quality signing. Could be a real coup, swiss captain and played for milan so can't be too shabby.

Great addition to the squad, but it does make me wonder why we'v announced it before we'v actually signed the guy. Could be to appease the fans or maybe its acting as a smoke screen for a different, bigger signing but that could just be me being too optimistic...

Quality signing. Could be a real coup, swiss captain and played for milan so can't be too shabby.

Great addition to the squad, but it does make me wonder why we'v announced it before we'v actually signed the guy. Could be to appease the fans or maybe its acting as a smoke screen for a different, bigger signing but that could just be me being too optimistic...

No harm in being optimistic...wish a few more on here would cheer up...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1779

Steven Pienaar in on a one year loan with a view to a permanent deal as well as Vogel according to this.

Talking about Steven Piennar, he seems like a quality to me.... this is what i found on the net abt him

"Pienaar comes of age

Pienaar factfile

South African international

Date of birth: 17 March 1982

Previous club: Ajax Cape Town

South African football is crying out for a new star.

A golden generation, composed of the likes of Lucas Radebe, Doctor Khumalo and Mark Fish, have served Bafana Bafana gloriously. However, their time at the top of the international game is coming to an end. Now South Africa needs new talents to replace that ageing generation.

One real hope for the future is Steven Pienaar.

The young midfielder has been receiving rave reviews for his club side Ajax, so the BBC sent me to watch Ajax's Uefa Champions League encounter against Arsenal. I can confidently say that reports of Pienaar's quality have not been exaggerated.

The 20 year old was superb against the English champions, running the midfield with a combination of intelligent positional play, tireless running and pinpoint passing. It was a bravura performance - and gets even better when one considers Pienaar was up against the man many people believe is the best midfielder in the world, Patrick Vieira.

The English sporting press, which is notoriously difficult to please, was almost unanimous in its praise of the slight midfielder.

And why not?

Pienaar's vision and quality on the ball were major reasons why the Dutch side were able to take a point off Arsenal.

None of this, of course, means Pienaar is suddenly one of the best players in the world.

To deserve that accolade, a player must perform consistently at the very highest level for a number of years.

Nevertheless, Tuesday's game gave strong indications that Pienaar has the talent to aim for such a status.

After a disappointing World Cup in which Pienaar was part of the squad but did not play a game, it will surely not be long before the talented youngster is given a real run for Bafana Bafana as well.

Source:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/2779947.stm

:)

Dont know if i like the sound of this or not, HE'S EITHER FULL OF CONFIDENCE OR A RAVING LUNATIC.........................

Steven Pienaar (born March 17, 1982, Johannesburg)

One of the more famous Borussia Dortmund players, Pienaar is a regular with the South Africa national football team and was a part of the squad for the 2002 FIFA World Cup. He also has 20 caps to his name.

Pienaar's first year with Borussia Dortmund saw him receive the number "10" shirt, previously owned by Tomáš Rosický.

Pienaar took over two years to score his first international goal and now he is a key player for the South African national squad.

He is rumoured to be joining one of the biggest club in the English Premiership - Everton FC. They regularly get crowds with 37,000 and are one of the most successful clubs in England. His football hero is Duncan Ferguson due to his aggression and anger. His favourite footballing moment was when Duncan Ferguson grabbed Stefan Freud around the neck and also for punching Paul Scarner and Fredi Bobic in the stomach.

He said it would be an honour to play for a team in Kirkby :o with the ambition and desire to be, once again, one of the top teams in European football. He also states "I am going to be better than that South African flop who played for Liverpool. What's his name? Sean Dundee? Yeah him, bloody rubbish he was"!

I love him already. :P :P