IGNORED

Valente To Go?

Tribal Football, that source of footballing truth (sorry, hard to type whilst laughing) have reported that Nuno is a target for Saint-Etienne

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=51873

Saint-Etienne move for Everton's Valente

tribalfooball.com - August 13, 2007

Everton fullback Nuno Valente is a target for France's Saint-Etienne.

The fit-again Portugal international is top of the shopping list of Saint-Etienne transfers chief Omar Da Fonseca, who has already made contact with Valente's agent.

Da Fonseca expects to learn from Everton in the next 48 hours if they're willing to do business over the 32 year-old.

I'd be happy to say goodbye. Occasional decent cross but too slow in getting back and sometimes absolutely shocking!

With Lescott and Boyle along with Neville I think we'd have adequate cover if Baines were injured.

Hello Everton fans !

I m French and my favorite team is Saint-Etienne. There is currently a transfert rumour regarding Nuno Valente which would have been offered to Saint Etienne (we actually look for a similar profile to finish off our recruitment). Regarding this player and its history, I would like to know why your coach decided to not keeping him. I know he only played 15 matches with Everton, why he didn't play more (once again regarding its impressive career so far), and what is your opinion of this player?

Thank you guy

Would Everton top ranks this year !

""and what is your opinion of this player?

Thank you guy""

He is the best left back in the Premier league and we dont play him so he wont get injured, we save him for Euro competitions.

If you want to Buy him it should cost you at least 10 Million EURO'S = 7 MILLION english Pounds and it would be the transfer deal of the season. Buy him Quickly or you Might lose him.

I agree (with LICKER 605pm, not above!!!). However we will need good experienced cover for UEFA and Valente who is still Portugals no.1 LB and, a winner in europe is still worth keeping for the season. He is suspect at times but there are a lot worse and £750,000 or so isnt worth it IMO

Edited by WestcountryToff

""and what is your opinion of this player?

Thank you guy""

He is the best left back in the Premier league and we dont play him so he wont get injured, we save him for Euro competitions.

If you want to Buy him it should cost you at least 10 Million EURO'S = 7 MILLION english Pounds and it would be the transfer deal of the season. Buy him Quickly or you Might lose him.

Thanks for you reply so far.

Well, I am not the Saint-Etienne manager or anyone from the staff, then you can keep your Argos's commercial speech for some other occasions.

More seriously, I m sure you have some interesting information about him, I m just trying to get some info from well documented fans

i actually rate nuno, when he first came here he was terrible, but when he isnt injured he has been a really good player imo. hes not the type of defender to throw tackles in all over the place, but he is very much a player who uses his brain a lot. his biggest let down for me is when he aimlessly hits the ball down the line. its such a waste because he has got an excellent left foot on him!

and look at his mantle piece at home. you dont win the uefa cup and champions league in a mourinho side if your not a quality player, and the ammout of caps he has for a very good portugal side.

Sorry about the Sarcastic post earlier. :D just a bit of fun.

Seriously .... Lacks a bit defensively, but pretty good attacking, and as already been said a good left foot on him.

Possibly get him for 1.5 to 2 million if the manager is willing to let him go, Cant see it tho we already have the smallest squad in the Premier League.

Watching Valente at the world cup i saw the type of player he could be. Maybe this was because he was surrounded by world class players, but he gave his all in every match. If only we could see this in him in the prem as sometimes he looks quite lazy on the ball and scared to tackle. His crossing is top class if he could start to show his Portugal side in his other skills he would be challenging for that Left back spot with Baines when he is fit.