IGNORED

Alkmaar Away (uefa Cup)

Calico

Good performance as a team but some awfull performances as individuals, commentater was blaming the first goal on Jagielka for being the wrong side of the scorer, but Lescott left him stranded by going out and trying to read the ball, plus Joleon never even jumped for their second goal. I know there are a few Hibbert knockers just waiting to pounce but he was OK tonight, was left stranded on his own every time they came down the wing, worked himself to a standstill so i wont get on to him tonight.

Mc fadden was poor, Anichebe fell over all night and did little except put a good cross in for our 3rd goal

And to those who are crying out for Graveson to play, keep crying cos he was miles off the pace, did no running at all and failed to help anybody out, did a lot of shouting and arm waving but did no playing. I hope he goes back to Celtic if we get a midfielder in January.

Good performances from Pienaar, Johnson, and Jagielka. Hope they are Ok for Sunday

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie Pienaar was quality again tonight, better than ya 10 million steward downings this lad is only gunna cost 2 million get him signed!!

Hibbo played well tonight

McFadden was a load of shite what does moyes see in him!

Tommy done alright, wasnt exactly in the central role spend half his game on the wing helping the fullback out, well trying to, but he did look off the pace.

Vaughan + Vic are going to be some partnership in a few years..

Ok performance but they were a poor team imo well they played poor.

Edited by Blue4Ever

What a strange game!What's the old saying about winning when you don't play well?

Not a great performance, but remembering Alkmaars record at home and the fact they were desperet for the win, then maybe the lads did good.

Impressed with AJ's effort and Pienaar, the rest didn't really play that well.

Plus points, Jagielka's first goal, Vaughans poacher goal(what a great pass from Anichebe)

and maybe Carsleys fighing spirit.Bringing young players into the team and squad will give everyone a boost....no one will want to draw us in the next round.

Man Utd wont fancy a flying Everton on Sunday either.

Got to agree with Mark on the McFadden issue. I thought he did quite well, came deep a few times to cover (when needed too) and made some nice touches with the ball, did lose the ball a few times rather easily but then again who never?

Don't think there was much wrong defensively wise in their goal, lescott had to move forward to the ball to cover the guy coming across and jags was very unlucky. If anything it was just a good finish.

Thought Hibbert was very solid when he pretty much played on the right on his own, and he even got forward a few times. Johnson was superb tonight, chased everything and it was the sort of performance we got from him in his first season.

With it not meaning anything it was good to see Rodwell and Vidasson being thrown in the mixer.

I thought he played a stronger team than I expected

Pienar looks better and better with every game and considering we only had our pride to play for I was impressed with the performance overall. Especially the result

13 games now and they havnt been beat in 30+ Euro matches at home stretching back to the 70's

I was a bit supprised they didnt put us under more pressure considering they had a lot to loose

Nice to see Vaughan and AJ score and Jags get his first for Everton

All confidence boosting stuff

Was really pleased with the result, the game felt abit strange though. It didn't feel like watching everton. I find it amazing that we are at a stage where we can send our second string of players over to a ground were the home team have never been beaten in europe.

hate the Five Presenter, Aparantly We aint playing AZ we a re playing 'Ah Z'

I hate five presenters as well but in all fairnes it is pronounced ah-z. not az.

Was really pleased with the result, the game felt abit strange though. It didn't feel like watching everton. I find it amazing that we are at a stage where we can send our second string of players over to a ground were the home team have never been beaten in europe.

I hate five presenters as well but in all fairnes it is pronounced ah-z. not az.

Looks like the Jokes on me, But did u hear the commentators when they were talking about the players we had left at home, Car-hill(cahill), and cant remember how they were saying Jag's name but fuk me i couldnt stop laughing.

ITV4 Come rescue us.

Graveson was So poor it was untrue. Mcfad Didnt have a bad game, Came back and won the ball a few times, but he doesnt have a clue when to offload the ball to a Team mate, he is alwasy trying to get past a defender and it never happens.

Well played to AJ chasing down every ball, AZ's defence wern't used to strikers with the work rate of ours! Played Boys Good result.

Edited by jacko1990

Looks like the Jokes on me, But did u hear the commentators when they were talking about the players we had left at home, Car-hill(cahill), and cant remember how they were saying Jag's name but fuk me i couldnt stop laughing.

ITV4 Come rescue us.

Graveson was So poor it was untrue. Mcfad Didnt have a bad game, Came back and won the ball a few times, but he doesnt have a clue when to offload the ball to a Team mate, he is alwasy trying to get past a defender and it never happens.

Well played to AJ chasing down every ball, AZ's defence wern't used to strikers with the work rate of ours! Played Boys Good result.

Jah-gee-elka, :huh: i also laughed at that.

Jah-gee-elka, :huh: i also laughed at that.

is it just me or is that ho its pronounced, i cant say it without it sounding right :S

though aj did wel and did brilliantly for the goal, thought faddy was poor... lescott was at fault for both goals. other than that just solid really, nothing special.

Edited by CraccerC

is it just me or is that ho its pronounced, i cant say it without it sounding right :S

though aj did wel and did brilliantly for the goal, thought faddy was poor... lescott was at fault for both goals. other than that just solid really, nothing special.

yh i say it like that, but the commentator wasnt even saying the 'gee' bit it was like Jagielak he said

Thanks, Everton FC! :thumbsup_still:

You made the same thing for Zenit as Croatia did for Russia, even with the same score. :D

So lets meet in the QF or later stage without that icelandic mfcker-ref and we'll show you that Zenit is not weaker than you in playing 11-on-11.

Well and I wish you join us in the Champs League 08/09 (as we're already there :) ) and always overtake your Merseyside rivals in every competition.