IGNORED

James Mcfadden...

Made up, good money for what he is imo. I think we should just sign Fernandes before Koeman leaves because it looks like he's getting the sack because I think when we want him at the end of the season they might want to keep him then or ask for stupid money if he impresses.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McLeish lands £5.5m McFadden

Thursday January 17, 2008

The Guardian

Birmingham City's manager, Alex McLeish, has finally agreed a £5.5m fee with Everton for the Scotland forward James McFadden, who is expected at St Andrew's today to discuss personal terms.

McLeish, who was impressed with McFadden during his time as Scotland's manager, is convinced the 24-year-old former Motherwell man can help save City's season and had previously unsuccessfully offered £2.5m and £3m.

Should be done today.

credit has to go to Kenwright, Wyness or whoever it is that sorts out our transfer dealings. Once again we've managed to get a fantastic price for a player, who let's face it, didn't really ever figure in our first team plans, has never started many matches for us and has never set the place alight. I like McFadden, but in reality he's been a bit of a flop at Everton and yet we get 5.5m for him - amazing deal imo. Well done! Now let's get someone in as a replacement.

Yeah august 03 he came, Has made more sub appearances (56) than match starts (53 and in over 100 appearances has scored only 11 goals.

In four years his potential has unfortunately never surfaced. I AGREE :o. Good money, Good business ..... well done.

I think that this is a really good deal as we've got good money, a good profit for a plaer who only ever shows glipses of what he is capable of.

I doubt we will bring anyone else in though, will be like when we sold of Kilbane the other transfer window who was the only squad member with a left peg and didn't replace him.

At least now we shoudl see a bit more of Vaughn, mcfadden seemed to be getting chose over him, especially in europe.