IGNORED

James Mcfadden...

Why has the official site got a FADDY SWOOP IMMINENT story dya's think?

Its not like the site normally goes anywhere near rumours, in fact they just about get the factual stories up, lol, makes me wonder whether this is a done deal!?

I'd sell him for anything above 4.5 ONLY as he is a GOD up in Jockland, he really is, & he is a premiership player (i know i know) but on paper he is, full international & in todays market I'd take nothing less & anything more would be a bonus which If I was the ginger 1 I would use straight away to attempt to sign Diarra from the arse OR arshavin from Zenit...

Any thoughts?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did finf it strange that they have posted this article on the official site. Unless we have a replacement lined up we simply can't afford to loose him at the moment. I think if someone came in with good money we should have taken it but as we are now lower on numbers im a little reluctant. As you suggested if we could get Arshavin i would be delighted, it would be the ideal situation actually.

The two important questions involving McFadden possibly leaving are, in my opinion, as follows:

In terms of up front: Johnson, Vaughan and Victor good enough to hold the front line for the next 4 to 6 weeks?

In terms of midfield: Also, when will Osman be back and can Baines stay fit?

The main thing is that if we pick up any injuries in this time then we're in real trouble, and AJ and Vaughn are prone to the odd knock.

And also Baines isn't a midfield player, did he ever player in midfield for Wigan or am i missing something here. Alot of people have suggested him to play in midfield but i don't really know if he would be any good their.

Edited by jamiemaher85

The thing is tho is Jimmy really any better than Vaughan or Victor?? IMO I'd have to say only just so he wouldn't be much of a loss but my point was (bearing in mind the story on the site) if we have the cash from his sale I'd defo try for Arshavin, he clinical much more so than Jimmy mac ever has been IMO!!

NB: Baines is a defender FACT!!

Edited by DRS_LUvs_da_Blues

I think that if Yak was still here then McFadden wouldn't be missed that much. But he has offered us a few options meaning that we can rotate the forward line, especially in europe and cups. I would only sell him if we could guarantee and instant replacement which i don't think we could do befroe the end of january.

I would love Arshavin here though, much better than McFadden and would offer us real cover in quite a few attacking positions

Edited by jamiemaher85

DRS_LUvs_da_Blues said that Arshavin was much more clinical than McFadden. The point I was making was that Arshavin hasn't been playing in the same league as McFadden so there is an element of risk in assuming he'll do a better job than McFadden.

I'm not saying I don't like jimmy, I do its just there are better players & to reiterate my point again, its strange that the story is on the official site!!

RE: 10M 4 Arshavin?? http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...2948462,00.html says they were looking in the region of 7M + allegedly old interest http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=71693

As everyone is saying I agree if there is no direct replacement I wouldn't let Jimmy go but for +5 & a bit of quick wheeling dealing never say never !

& also to get some more cash get rid of VdM & Graveson they are both basically shite, VdM he ain't ever gonna get a game & Tommy well even Luton players showed him up, he looks overweight & he is certainly overpaid, get him back to Celtic to free some more cash up i say!!

NB: Baines is a defender FACT!!

Baines is Classed as a Defender Yes, but he could easily Play in Midfield, have you not seen how good he is at going forward?

We wouldnt afford arashavin, with team interested in him Zenit would want 10+ as Romey said. And all these websites just type stuuf to fill the Site, doesnt mean its all True, And TRIBAL FOOTBALL Is a FUkin Joke!

Edited by jacko1990

The two important questions involving McFadden possibly leaving are, in my opinion, as follows:

In terms of up front: Johnson, Vaughan and Victor good enough to hold the front line for the next 4 to 6 weeks?

In terms of midfield: Also, when will Osman be back and can Baines stay fit?

Mc fadden obviously isnt tho, id play Vaughan, Johnson + Victor before him.

Edited by Blue4Ever

As said on Fri when I started this thread, if we let Faddy go (& its looking more & more credible that we will) I would love us to sign Arshavin & granted its Tribal Football but this story keeps popping its head up - another one today ---> http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=73811 I soooo hope its true & something comes of it!!

As I said Fri, IMO Faddy is only a shadow of Arshavin, he's an attacking mid & / OR Centre Foward all the things we'd like Faddy to be!!

McFadden is take it or leave it for me. If we do let him go in the window though I really think we do need to bring someone else in. I think Arshavin might be interested in a change. I believe he's been at Zenit for his entire career, with the Russian league in off season I can certainly see the interest. If we can't secure Arshavin or someone else though I worry that we might be caught short with only 3 strikers, 2 of whom are a bit injury prone.

Is there anyone else that might be available on loan, none that I can really think of but who knows...

He's said he's going to ask the chairman for 5 million to bid for him with, if he does I would hope moyes has sense to move him on for that price.

Arshavin would be a very gd signing but who's he going to take out the team because he wont want to be warming the bench.

If we sell Faddy and get arshavin then that will be our second and last buy of the season.

Even if it was so what, we cant expect to spend millions because we simply dont have it.

Edited by Blue4Ever