IGNORED

James Mcfadden...

So where would everyone put the (hypothetical) £5million from McFadden???

I'd like to buy a classy left winger. I'd also like an RB but it's not exactly desperate at this stage as Neville is an excellent RB and Hibbert is an able deputy. I don't think we need to panic now, we have the players and once the African Nation ends we'll have an excellent squad. In the Summer (when we have extra finances), tie up Pienaar, Fernandes and then look for a replacement for Carsley (Appiah - imagine him with Fernandes) and if we get our man then sell AJ and get a top class striker to cover Yak/Vaughan, someone with a bit of height, a bit of vision and touch. A young up and coming RB would be nice as well. After that, I don't think there's much we need, the only thing we need fairly urgently (in this transfer window) is a winger to cover Pienaar's absence. We're getting close to a really fantastic team/squad.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep reading that Everton will sell Faddy to raise funds for a £10 mil swoop of Downing. If this the case I'm all for it Downing is a terrific player and england regular. I don't dislike Faddy he's scored some of the finest goals I've ever seen. However Downing is a real gem and would be a smashing addition to the team.

There are other teams trying to secure his signature, most notably Spurs.

I notice that Everton have not said he is not for sale just that he is a valuable memeber of the team and are watching with interest which kind of tells me that he will go for the right price.

Would like to think that we can get £5m for him and if we do can see the board taking it but don't expect to see any of the money for a new player though.

Tell me what the fuck that has to do with anything? Yobo's one of my favourite players too, do you reckon I could be from Nigeria too? Fuck sake.

That made me laff that haha

I do find it strange you like mcfadden because I cant think of a player so annoying to watch but its your opinion

They say that in the Mirror too.........

another totally unreliable source of football news, the Daily Mail is usually very accurate for Everton news in my experience. I'd be slightly sad to see McFadden go as well, but I think it's for the best. We need a replacement though who can play left side and has a bit of quality and vision.

I'd be slightly sad to see McFadden go as well, but I think it's for the best. We need a replacement though who can play left side and has a bit of quality and vision.

My thoughts also. I know I've rattled on about it before but if it wasn't for Faddy's goals against Charlton at the end of last season and then in Kharkiv we'd probably be in a lot poorer shape than we are.

Tell me what the fuck that has to do with anything? Yobo's one of my favourite players too, do you reckon I could be from Nigeria too? Fuck sake.

Erm mainly bacause Faddy is not a very TEAM player. and just couldnt see how any1 likes him that much unless your from scotland where hes basically a Legend. Yobo is a decent player not suprised he's one of your Fav players

Romey are you from Nigeria? :D:D

My thoughts also. I know I've rattled on about it before but if it wasn't for Faddy's goals against Charlton at the end of last season and then in Kharkiv we'd probably be in a lot poorer shape than we are.

Agreed. That goal against Kharkiv was, imo, definitely one of the turning points of this campaign. Everyone goes on about the Liverpool game and all that, but I think if we had've beaten Liverpool we could have gone on a long run unbeaten as well, especially as Cahill came back the next game. That McFadden goal was such a big moment this season, imagine the shame if we had've gone out at the first hurdle in Europe again - we would have been a laughing stock again and Moyes may have gone!

Everton to let McFadden go as Birmingham stump up £5m

Stuart James

Wednesday January 16, 2008

James McFadden is expected to complete a £5m move from Everton to Birmingham City in time to feature against Chelsea at St Andrew's on Saturday. Alex McLeish has failed with two bids for the Scotland international - the most recent valuing the player at £4m - but sources indicate the Birmingham manager is ready to return with an improved offer that will see Everton receive £5m up front for the 24-year-old and another £500,000 in add-ons.

Erm mainly bacause Faddy is not a very TEAM player. and just couldnt see how any1 likes him that much unless your from scotland where hes basically a Legend. Yobo is a decent player not suprised he's one of your Fav players

Romey are you from Nigeria? :D:D

...the other reason is if you got his name on your shirt, like I did for '04/'05 :o

he's pretty crap though -- 5 million will be a "can't refuse" price

I would bite their hand off for 5 mil

Hes had more than enough time to prove himself, and despite a few goal of the season efforts hes a was of space

Use the money to buy a player from div one/2/3 with potential, we could do a lot worse