IGNORED

Arshavin

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumours today that if we get rid of McFadden we will make a bid for Arshavin.

That would be unbelievable - the guy is absolute quality. Not entirely sure how we fit Arteta, Cahill, Pienaar, Fernandes, Osman, Arshavin and Carsley in the same side but its a nice problem!

Howard

Yobo, Lescott

Carsley

Arteta, Pienaar, Fernandes, Osman, Arshavin

Cahill

Yakubu

DONE!

This looks better....... 4-1-4-1 or 4-5-2 with Arshavin doing Cahills Job. There could be a lot of good football played by this lot.

Howard

Neville

Yobo

Lescott

Baines

Appiah

Arteta

Fernandes

Arshavin

Pienaar

Yakubu

Subs .... Cahill, Jagielka, Osman, Johnson, Vaughan, Carsley. all cant get in the team :o

This looks better....... 4-1-4-1 or 4-5-2 with Arshavin doing Cahills Job. There could be a lot of good football played by this lot.

Howard

Neville

Yobo

Lescott

Baines

Appiah

Arteta

Fernandes

Arshavin

Pienaar

Yakubu

Subs .... Cahill, Jagielka, Osman, Johnson, Vaughan, Carsley. all cant get in the team :o

You've just signed appiah and arshavin!!! and what's timmy doing on the bench???

Lol. Didin't mean the Appiah/ Arshavin combo. The thread itself. Jofanon said "Rumours today that if we get rid of McFadden we will make a bid for Arshavin" Was just wondering if there was any validity in it what-so-ever.

If anyone put in a decent bid for him i can see him leaving, especially seeing as its the Russian close season. I read awhile ago his agent saying that he is looking for a move to Engalnd in the near future.

I still think if were going to keep the 451 playing manny as the holding player but allow him to go forward could keep Cahill in the team if we got ashavin, but he hasnt really been linked with us, only the odd dogey site.

If we did sell mcfadden and got him in this would be my team

--------------Howard---------------

Jags-----Yobo-----Lescott---Baines

-------------Fernandes--------------

Arteta---Cahill-----Arshavin---Pienaar

---------------Yakubu-----------------

I know for a fact we would challenge the top 4 with that team.

Think Manny would be wasted in the holding Job, His talents would be better used further up the field. <IMO>

they probably would but it could be changed to 4 4 1 1 to suit him more. Were talking about something that will probably never happen until we get him lets just use the players we have.

How are we dropping timmy for a player lets be honest none of us know that much about??? (and before anyone does it, i can go on google and paste some stats about him!!!) Let's sign him first (that'd be a logical starter) and then he'd have to prove himself.

Let's not forget timmy's work-rate - is this arshavin lad going to put that in for us...

Think that Arshavin does have very good work rate, has looked consistenly good for Zenit in Europe and for Russia in European Qualifiers.

Wheter he would be a better player than Cahill is an entire other thing, though i would like to see him emplyed on the left wing at first as Cahill has been failry consistant so far this season and we don't need to replace a position that doesn't need fixing.

Is it just me or has the team fell down using Cahill in that role at times this season. Now what I mean, before people start swearing and (ab)using caps lock, is that although Timmy has really helped with his goals and work rate that perhaps we should look at getting a player with more to his game?

Edit: Also, how did Arshavin play against us in the UEFA Cup?

Edited by Calico

Is it just me or has the team fell down using Cahill in that role at times this season. Now what I mean, before people start swearing and (ab)using caps lock, is that although Timmy has really helped with his goals and work rate that perhaps we should look at getting a player with more to his game?

Edit: Also, how did Arshavin play against us in the UEFA Cup?

Absolutely agree. I've said many a time that (although I think Tim is great) the rest of his game isn't up to the quality of this team. I think Arshavin would score quite a few goals himself but would help generate many more.

He would also help us play 'keep ball' when we are in the lead and just need to keep the ball away from the opposition.

I do think Tim is fantastic and he would be a truly awesome impact sub but we need to start moving onwards and I think (goals aside) we carry him a little.

i cant believe anyone would want to replace timmy, and questioning his work rate? i am baffled!

I agree. Why would you be thinking of bringing a replacement for Timmy when there are other positions that need improvement.

I'd say only bring Arshavin if he is a good option for the midfield.

I agree. Why would you be thinking of bringing a replacement for Timmy when there are other positions that need improvement.

I'd say only bring Arshavin if he is a good option for the midfield.

So where would you play him without making the team Lopsided.

Who to leave out Pienaar, Arteta, Fernandes, Carsley, Osman. ??

If Arshavin is truly available in the 8 million pound range and if we do sell McFadden for 5 - 5.5 I would be very surprised if Moyes doesn't pull the trigger. Not that Gravo has done us a ton this season but he may be out too and I feel we'd be a little short in the middle. I see Arshavin as a very versatile midfielder but it's very hard to ignore the crucial goals that Cahill comes up with. I would see Arshavin starting more games than Tim though if they were both here.

Still think i would like to see this mid...

areta .. fernandes .. arshaven .. pienaar

With those four there would be some serious football played, and we could have the luxury of going 4-4-2 with a mix between Yakubu, Vaughan, and Johnson.

also get Appiah and we can play 4-5-1 with arshaven doing the cahill job, very serious contenders then for top 4.

Of course that just my opinion. :)

In 2000 he was included in Zenit squad. He played in various positions on the field, starting as a right midfielder, then as an attacking midfielder and finally as a striker. He won the Russian Premier League Award for the player of the season largely because of his ability play well as a winger, playmaker and as a striker. He is known for superb pace, dribbling qualities, vision, technique and passing. These attributes and his hard working nature have turned him into one of the most important players for club and country.

On December 6 2007 Andrei Arshavin declared his interest in joining Everton if the oppurtunity arrises, after being impressed by them after Zenith's 1-0 defeat. In particular he was impressed by Mikel Arteta and would love to link up the spanish magician.

Arshavin scored 11 goals in his 25 matches for Zenit in the UEFA Cup. He debuted for the national team on May 17, 2002 in a match against Belarus. On March 24, 2007 he was the Russia captain in a Euro 2008 qualifier against Estonia.

JUST LOVE TO GET THIS FELLA £8M SEEMS A SNIP. dont try and tell me he wouldnt do Cahills job better