IGNORED

Arshavin

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As well as that is there also anyone here who has seen Arshavin play over the past few years? It'd be nice to know if he is as good as people are making out before we buy him.

No there isn't and it is quite funny to see people say he is a world beater and they have seen him play 1 game or even better, he is a brilliant player on cham manager!

he's not that good now. but he could be.

worth a stab at 7mill. his age is also big facter. moyes has time to groom him then.

if newcastle want him thou, its like double your money with them. but it'll show how much he wants to win things and play in europe.

reminds me of the emre situation, look whos laughin now!!!!

He is not that good now? I am not saying that i have seen him play week in week out. but it is fairly obvious this player is quality. For russia he was immense and for Zenit against us he was once again outstanding. Now if the RUMOURS are true that we are interested and the figures doing the rounds are true (7mill) then Arshavin would be an excellent bit of business. Unfortunately i doubt there is much truth in all of this.

He is not that good now? I am not saying that i have seen him play week in week out. but it is fairly obvious this player is quality. For russia he was immense and for Zenit against us he was once again outstanding. Now if the RUMOURS are true that we are interested and the figures doing the rounds are true (7mill) then Arshavin would be an excellent bit of business. Unfortunately i doubt there is much truth in all of this.

Thats what I was going to say, its probly not going to happen tho

• 2 months later...

I watched the first half and the end of the second. Arshavin looks class and worked for the team all game. Only negative he did get caught in possession when Leverkusen scored. His type of player probably isn't our top top need right now but I think he would be a real success in the team and league.

I watched the first half and the end of the second. Arshavin looks class and worked for the team all game. Only negative he did get caught in possession when Leverkusen scored. His type of player probably isn't our top top need right now but I think he would be a real success in the team and league.

I think he is our top need, an attacking Midfielder who can play anywhere in midfield, or as a deep lying striker, can cover for all of them wish we would have got him in January.

Was he playing Right wing last night, A brilliant run down the right and beat the defender all ends up for his goal. If only Arteta would run and attack defenders like that, i'd do a straight swap for him now, no money involved. :)

He was playing off on the right. I just think we need to look for someone to replace the Carsley/Neville duo in the middle of the park, but I do agree, I'd do a swap with him for Arteta. Not sure Mikky would be terribly keen on Petersburg though and I'm sure his agent would spontaneously combust if it were even mentioned.

Arshavin, sheer quality, no question! I think he may be looking for Champions League football, which he can get at Zenit next year, but if we could sign him he could be something special in the PL! I think a step up in quality for the club for sure. Although he's banned for their first 2 games I have to wonder whether the Euro's may bump up his price, but I also think most people know how good he is anyhow! Strike while the iron is hot!