IGNORED

What Is Your Favourite Beatles Song?

Louis

Good choice! Of course it is The Beatles, so it's almost impossible to make a bad choice. Revolution 9 is probably the only song that might raise my eyebrow a bit if someone picked it as their favorite, and that's mainly because it's more Yoko Ono than The Beatles.

Anyway, my personal favorite is Help.

Hmmm, "Yellow Submarine" is a bit suspect and I've always hated "Paperback Writer."

That's why I said "almost." I've always hated Yellow Submarine, and one of the most disturbing things I ever heard was one time when my local radio station played that back-to-back with Black Sabbath's "Paranoid" without even putting a station break between them. *shudders* Paperback Writer is one of my favorites, though. And so is She's Leaving Home - good call on that one, which I think tends to get a bit overlooked.

Rubber Soul is a cracking album so anything of that, but i do have a soft spot for Blackbird. Such a beautiful song, and when i saw Macca play it at glasto it was just incredible. 100,000 people in a hushed silence. Brilliant. I had also waited all day at the front of the crowd for him to play so iwas was right at the front and right in the middle. When he played acoustic it was like he was playing just to me. I loved every moment of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Cant believe I missed this topic, Alan and The Beatles all in one thread!

'I didnt know you where a raver Alan'

'Im not, I'm straight'

:lol:

Thats a hard one, 'Oh! Darling' and 'I saw her standing there' are up there along with everysong from the Sgt. Peppers album

I also thought that about Ians choice of the Sgt Pepper album, wtf. It was probably one of the worst albums they made, fault was that they were all going their own seperate ways by then and had lost that "Beatles Sound" on tooo many of the tracks.

But each to his own i suppose. :)

I also thought that about Ians choice of the Sgt Pepper album, wtf. It was probably one of the worst albums they made, fault was that they were all going their own seperate ways by then and had lost that "Beatles Sound" on tooo many of the tracks.

Not a brilliant album, but A Day In The Life is a fucking cracking song.

:o Each to their own indeed Bill, being a blue I thought you had good taste (:P)

Shes leaving home, Lovely Rita, A day in the life to name but three of the great songs on the album!

I'll let you off though :D

Each to their own but I love that album