45 replies to this topic

#41 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 30 Sep 2008 - 11:33

Maybe a reason for Moyes delay (new investor) but I am now led to believe Anil rumours are just that, a rumour. No official approach has been made.

#42 Jimmy the blue

Jimmy the blue

Graeme Sharp

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 30 Sep 2008 - 11:39

Maybe a reason for Moyes delay (new investor) but I am now led to believe Anil rumours are just that, a rumour. No official approach has been made.

As we are not a quote company the talks only have to be between BK and this guy EW, why tell the press with so many other clubs looking for an investor. Certainly explains Moyes contract

#43 Captain Johnson

Captain Johnson

Tony Hibbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 Sep 2008 - 12:57

Just a moment here lads, are we all being totally stupid here. I suspect these 'talks' are a lot further advanced than anyone is letting on. This story bubbled up some weeks ago and nothing has been heard since. In the meantime we have a manager asking for the earth via a lucrative contract, I doubt if the present board could afford what Moyes wants hence they have put that negotiation on the back burner thinking the new owner can sort it out. It is not impossible that Ambani may even want to appoint his own man

Discuss

Hmmmm..... well I think that talks 'have' gone further behind closed doors after the leige game. now reports are being leaked after a terrible defeat to the 'shite' probably by kenwrights contacts!!

I think the time of change is upon us for better or for worse but this multi-multi-billionaire looks set to invest not only in our team but in a new massive stadium in the near future!! great stuff =D

I just hope and pray that this is the case! but expect moyes to get a huge, brilliant contract if it goes ahead!! dont think the owner will rock the management boat too much! if you were bill you would definitely big up big red dave!! the billionaire has gotta think about the local/loyal fan base too!!

Edited by Captain Johnson, 30 Sep 2008 - 12:59.

#44 dark

dark

Pixie Lott <3

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 30 Sep 2008 - 14:53

Wiki :)

On August 3rd 2008, it emerged that Ambani had become a leading contender to take over English Premier League team, Newcastle United. Talks are thought to have broken down when it transpired that Newcastle chairman, Mike Ashley, had demanded more than Ambani was willing to pay. Current speculation also links the businessman to the 130 year old Merseyside outfit, Everton F.C. Club chairman, Bill Kenwright, has officially stated that his club is for sale. Ambani's son, Jai Anmol, has already been rumoured to have visited Everton's ground, Goodison Park, where he apparently watched a pre-season friendly versus Dutch side PSV Eindhoven.

On September 12th 2008 Sky Sports news reported that Anil Ambani was in talks with Everton officials over a deal to takeover the club. The news has been welcomed by many Everton fans who feel that Mr Ambani can help the club to reach its full potential. The following day several national newspapers picked up on the story. Further to that, the Daily Mirror reports on the September 30th 2008, that Ambani has entered talks with Bill Kenwright and although discussions are progressing slowly, Ambani remains interested in moving into English football.

#45 c1982

c1982

COYB!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,397 posts

Posted 30 Sep 2008 - 17:17

...and to bring us back down to earth...

http://www.telegraph...s-Football.html

#46 EFC-Paul

EFC-Paul

If you are going through hell....keep going

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,586 posts

Posted 30 Sep 2008 - 17:23

...and to bring us back down to earth...

http://www.telegraph...s-Football.html

I dont think there's much substance to that story tbh no actual comments quoted.

I agree with your principles Jamie mate i feel for clubs like Bolton and Wigan and so on who have put in a big effort to stay in the Prem but no major investor will ever touch them with such little marketability and relatively small fan bases. I do hope it happens as we all know we can not push forward in today's climate as we are, so hopefully we get some news in the next few days that this will happen.

Edited by EFC-Paul, 30 Sep 2008 - 17:29.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users