IGNORED

Anil Ambani Takeover?

Louis

Everton are the latest Premier League club to be the target of a multi-million-pound takeover.

Indian tycoon Anil Ambani, the sixth-richest man in the world with an estimated £20billion fortune, is determined to buy a Premier League club.

And Everton chairman Bill Kenwright is trying to interest the 49-year-old businessman and is having talks about a takeover at Goodison Park.

Ambani has already looked at Newcastle and Liverpool but his advisers steered him away from the mess at St James’ Park while Anfield’s American owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks have fought off previous takeover bids. That has left Ambani seriously considering a deal for Everton - especially as Kenwright wants to step aside.

Kenwright has aleady entertained Ambani and his advisers at Goodison Park and now the tycoon is weighing up the figures.

Everton's future at Goodison is uncertain and the club's value is therefore affected, but Ambani has the millions to take over the club - and pump money into it.

Kenwright announced after the club's EGM earlier this month that he is ready to sell, which attracted interest from several consortiums.

Ambani, chairman of the financial company Reliance Group, made enquiries through an intermediary.

The talks have progressed slowly but Ambani remains interested in moving into English football and Everton are a big club in need of major financial investment.

Ambani is deeply interested but even if his talks do not progress, it seems certain that the club will fall into foreign hands with several brokers negotiating buy-outs.

Kenwright, a lifelong Everton fan, wants the club to be able to compete with the big four and to have the funds to either redevelop their stadium or move.

He said recently: "I do not want to be here next year.

"I do not want to be standing in front of you saying, 'It's been another tough season' and 'I don't know where the money is'. I would sell tomorrow."

I hate the modern game. I hate that this is what we need. I hate all of it. Any success will always be tinged.

Sorry but I have always liked us doing things "the right way". Building up slowly, building on previous success that has been earnt and not bought.

Maybe i'm old fashioned in my views but I hate that this is whatwe've come to.

Sure it would be good to see the likes of Robinho or whoever strut out at Goodison each week. But what is the price of selling your soul?

Just been on City 96.7 that the rich fella is talking figures with us. Fingers crossed eh. Who would you want in January if he does come in before then?

Dont get your hopes up the Indian who owns my local shop said he was buying a new club, at the time I thought he was talking about a 7 iron but now it all makes sense!!!

Jimmy Floyd Hasslebank here we come!!!! :P:P

I hate the modern game. I hate that this is what we need. I hate all of it. Any success will always be tinged.

Sorry but I have always liked us doing things "the right way". Building up slowly, building on previous success that has been earnt and not bought.

Maybe i'm old fashioned in my views but I hate that this is whatwe've come to.

Sure it would be good to see the likes of Robinho or whoever strut out at Goodison each week. But what is the price of selling your soul?

Think i'd go along with your feelings Jamie if Football had'nt turned from a sport into a business.

But these days we are getting deeper and deeper into debt, if we stayed as we are and everybody else had been taken over by Rich Americans, Arabs, and Russians, we wouldnt be able to compete.

It wouldnt take that long before we found ourselves in the Championship.

I remember an old seafarer saying .."you call in any port in a storm", and unfortunately our needs say we have to.

I wouldn't mind any foreigners coming in and buying us, not one bit. As long as...

1- Moyesy gets a nicebig whopping contract for at least 5 years.

2- A new stadium is developed (preferably in the city if possible).

3- Moyes has complete control over players, transers and the football side of things.

4- Any investment is sustainable, so if they do decide to pack their bags, we're not left in an onion bhaji, so to speak,

5- We continue to develop from inside the club - most importantly, we keep bringing quality young players through the ranks.

Edited by wallwriter

Think i'd go along with your feelings Jamie if Football had'nt turned from a sport into a business.

But these days we are getting deeper and deeper into debt, if we stayed as we are and everybody else had been taken over by Rich Americans, Arabs, and Russians, we wouldnt be able to compete.

It wouldnt take that long before we found ourselves in the Championship.

I remember an old seafarer saying .."you call in any port in a storm", and unfortunately our needs say we have to.

I'm not saying I don't want us to get bought out, because its painfully clear that to continue to compete you need an owner with very very deep pockets.

I can see that we need a new owner and wouldn't be terribly adverse to it. My point mainly was about the way the game has gone, not about us being bought out.

Just a moment here lads, are we all being totally stupid here. I suspect these 'talks' are a lot further advanced than anyone is letting on. This story bubbled up some weeks ago and nothing has been heard since. In the meantime we have a manager asking for the earth via a lucrative contract, I doubt if the present board could afford what Moyes wants hence they have put that negotiation on the back burner thinking the new owner can sort it out. It is not impossible that Ambani may even want to appoint his own man

Discuss

Maybe a reason for Moyes delay (new investor) but I am now led to believe Anil rumours are just that, a rumour. No official approach has been made.

As we are not a quote company the talks only have to be between BK and this guy EW, why tell the press with so many other clubs looking for an investor. Certainly explains Moyes contract

Just a moment here lads, are we all being totally stupid here. I suspect these 'talks' are a lot further advanced than anyone is letting on. This story bubbled up some weeks ago and nothing has been heard since. In the meantime we have a manager asking for the earth via a lucrative contract, I doubt if the present board could afford what Moyes wants hence they have put that negotiation on the back burner thinking the new owner can sort it out. It is not impossible that Ambani may even want to appoint his own man

Discuss

Hmmmm..... well I think that talks 'have' gone further behind closed doors after the leige game. now reports are being leaked after a terrible defeat to the 'shite' probably by kenwrights contacts!!

I think the time of change is upon us for better or for worse but this multi-multi-billionaire looks set to invest not only in our team but in a new massive stadium in the near future!! great stuff =D

I just hope and pray that this is the case! but expect moyes to get a huge, brilliant contract if it goes ahead!! dont think the owner will rock the management boat too much! if you were bill you would definitely big up big red dave!! the billionaire has gotta think about the local/loyal fan base too!!

Edited by Captain Johnson

Wiki :)

On August 3rd 2008, it emerged that Ambani had become a leading contender to take over English Premier League team, Newcastle United. Talks are thought to have broken down when it transpired that Newcastle chairman, Mike Ashley, had demanded more than Ambani was willing to pay. Current speculation also links the businessman to the 130 year old Merseyside outfit, Everton F.C. Club chairman, Bill Kenwright, has officially stated that his club is for sale. Ambani's son, Jai Anmol, has already been rumoured to have visited Everton's ground, Goodison Park, where he apparently watched a pre-season friendly versus Dutch side PSV Eindhoven.

On September 12th 2008 Sky Sports news reported that Anil Ambani was in talks with Everton officials over a deal to takeover the club. The news has been welcomed by many Everton fans who feel that Mr Ambani can help the club to reach its full potential. The following day several national newspapers picked up on the story. Further to that, the Daily Mirror reports on the September 30th 2008, that Ambani has entered talks with Bill Kenwright and although discussions are progressing slowly, Ambani remains interested in moving into English football.

...and to bring us back down to earth...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...s-Football.html

I dont think there's much substance to that story tbh no actual comments quoted.

I agree with your principles Jamie mate i feel for clubs like Bolton and Wigan and so on who have put in a big effort to stay in the Prem but no major investor will ever touch them with such little marketability and relatively small fan bases. I do hope it happens as we all know we can not push forward in today's climate as we are, so hopefully we get some news in the next few days that this will happen.

Edited by EFC-Paul