5 replies to this topic

#1 pete0

pete0

Howard Kendall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,194 posts

Posted 21 Jun 2009 - 12:51

I believe Yobo is our best centre back quality-wise but needs Jags next to him, so imo Lescott would be our 3rd choice and with him being rumoured to be going 4 over 15 mil, I think we should take the money because I would rather have the money 4 improving the 1st 11, cos with a fully fit squad id have Lescott on the bench, were as I'd rather have a 15 mil new signing which will improve our starting 11.

#2 Blue4Ever

Blue4Ever

Peter Reid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 21 Jun 2009 - 12:55

I believe Yobo is our best centre back quality-wise but needs Jags next to him, so imo Lescott would be our 3rd choice and with him being rumoured to be going 4 over 15 mil, I think we should take the money because I would rather have the money 4 improving the 1st 11, cos with a fully fit squad id have Lescott on the bench, were as I'd rather have a 15 mil new signing which will improve our starting 11.

You have a point but some people could argue that Yobo can be dodgy at times and Lescott is a better all round player.

#3 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,210 posts

Posted 21 Jun 2009 - 14:15

Lescott and Jagielka.

When Jags plays with Yobo he has to be the left-sided CB, which means both of our CB's can have dodgy moments. We look nowhere near as comfortable at the back when Yobo plays IMO.

#4 c1982

c1982

COYB!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,397 posts

Posted 21 Jun 2009 - 14:54

I'd have liked to have seen with the current crop...

................Howard..............
........Yobo...Jags...J.Lo........
Nev©.....................Baines
.....Arteta..Felli...Pienaar......
...............Cahill..................
................Yak..................

... it may have been a tactical catastrophe but it would get all 3 in!

Jags and Lescott for me by the way. Anyone realise they were born within a hours of each other - that's why they are telepathic - they're actually twins!

#5 StevO

StevO

Blagging on the basis of knowledge

• Cyber Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,032 posts

Posted 21 Jun 2009 - 15:29

when we had all three fit last season moyes favoured jags and lescott, im with him on that.
i rate yobo very very highly, but i think these two are both better. and it helps the balance having a lefty and a righty.

#6 timmyboy17

timmyboy17

Tony Hibbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 Jun 2009 - 18:31

didn't jags become a starter only when yobo went out injured. then jags played well and yobo lost his spot. now roles are reversed. i think if yobo plays well in that starting spot, he will keep it even when jags is fit. moyes is a fair manager. nobody is just given their spot, which i like. i think yobo will have to give his spot away more or less now that jags is hurt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users