IGNORED

Possible Good News?

A Resume of the video

Landon Donovan admits he would seriously think about a return to Everton in the future.

The USA international spent three months on loan at Goodison Park earlier this year, prior to the MLS season beginning.

He returned to parent club Los Angeles Galaxy despite Everton's best efforts to extend the deal.

Donovan impressed hugely in his 10 games and Everton have been linked with a renewed bid for him.

And the 28-year-old concedes he would consider a return to England.

"I may go back someday," he told Sky Sports News.

"If I get the opportunity and they went me back, then I would think about it."

Donovan is now set to link-up with the US squad ahead of the World Cup finals, and he claims their ambitions will be limited in South Africa.

"As Amercians, we always want to be winners, so that is in my mind, but at a World Cup is that realistic? Probably not," he said.

"If we advance out of our group we would be ecstatic, anything past that is icing on the cake and we are hopeful we can do that, but it will be hard."

England

USA face England in their opening game and Donovan will not get the chance to line-up against Galaxy team-mate David Beckham, who will miss the finals through injury.

"I think back to when the draw was and when England drew the US, I immediately thought about David, so we are all devastated for him personally and it would have been really cool for the chance to play against him but you have to move on," he said.

Donovan did highlight the threat of Wayne Rooney, but he thinks he could be tired in South Africa.

"Rooney is a top player. In my opinion, he is one of the best players in the world right now," Donovan continued.

"But the other part of it is that he has played a lot of games and he is tired. He is probably worn out.

"Injuries are a part of that. Things happen when players are tired. When they just keep adding games to the schedule, it makes it difficult.

"Any time you come into a World Cup, because of the timing of it, big players who play a lot of games in Europe are coming right at the end of their season, so it is always an interesting dynamic how to balance that."