IGNORED

No Moves In January

toolio

It should also be remember though...that Moyes has said in the past that he is not interested in making any signings, and then he has made several.

Its makes sense though...it leads supporters and other clubs to believe that we are not in the running for signings, then we can sweep in...hopefully!

:)

We have seen what happens when we get a few injuries to jey players we have trouble fielding a good enough squad.

Got to bring in players but agree not to buy need to get in some loan players untill the ones he really want are there for a move.

Going to be a bad second half if no new players in

Can't call him dithering for saying what his plans are. Dithering is "I don't know what I'm going to do."

Anyway if he changes his mind Li Tie and Rhino are available on loans from Sheff. Utd...whaddaya reckon :lol::lol: ?

He's already changed his mind, a couple of weeks ago he said 1 or 2 would come in and now he's flip flopped, next week he'll change his mind again.

He said he "was hopeful of being able to operate in the transfer market,". Now he's saying it's unlikely..

"But that's not say that I won't be trying to. The players that I would want, I don't think will be available and I won't spend if I don't think I need to."

I don't see how those two statements contradict each other at all. Common sense to me.

I honestly think that we will make a purchase or two though.

Think about it, if Moyes said he was desperate to buy in the transfer market, and selling club is bound to up the price thinking that we are desperate. If we claim that we are not really bothered and are not intending on making a purchase, it a) leads other clubs into thinking that we could back down easily if they up prices, therefore they keep the price of a player more reasonable to sell, and 2) it kind of discounts us from the transfer market as far as other clubs are interested, hopefully allowing us to make a sweep in bid and buy.

Or is this just wishful thinking? You decide.

;)

agree with alot of statements here. their is no point in buying players that he doesnt think will fit in and panic buy. i think that he will maybe make a signing but dont know who it could be. a midfielder is a priority in my eyes, think we are fine up front with aj,faddy,vic and vaughan plus fatty. defence is ok just midfield we lack a few

I just have concerns that Moyes is speaking the truth though...and when the likes of Liverpool, Asenal, Manchester United, Aston Villa the the likes of Wigan are looking at clear outs and signing new players on, I just think that it would leave us behind...again. Surely, Moyes IS looking at making a few signings.

I said earlier that not bringing in players will be a bad move and I still stick by that but not saying we need to brin players in on perm contracts.

I would be more than happy if can bring in a couple of decent players on loan til the end of the season to help out and 'bulk' up the squad.

Sure would like to see players sign but as he says the players he wants not there for talking I agree with waiting but still beleive that with no players coming in we going to struggle if get more injuries and think it would be worth it if we want to push for the european spots

It's reported 80% of Kenwrights money/assets are tied up already in the club. Bill let it slip there was no money for transfers in his post AGM interview with Everton TV. Then he backpeddled and changed the subject. He also said we borrowed heavily to being Johnson in last year. What the hell we actually spend our income besides wages (60% of our turnover) and crocked wasters ala VDM/ Kroldrup is beyond me.