IGNORED

Benny Yak Move On Hold

Louis

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_...-name_page.html

Everton are angry that the work permit appeal they must lodge for £11million record signing Yakubu cannot be heard until next Friday.

Until it is settled he can't even train with his new team-mates.

It means he's effectively ruled out of next weekend's game against Bolton after already missing yesterday's match with Blackburn.

The original application for a work per mit is automatically turned down because he has not played in 75 per cent of his country's latest games after a fall-out with the coach.

I can't help but feel all our eggs are in one basket with Yakubu.. We won't find out if he's eligible to play for us until transfer day leaving Moyes will little time to bring in alternatives if he finds it necessary.

from OS:

Everton have moved a step closer towards securing the signing of Yakubu.

The Blues are waiting for a work permit to be granted as the Nigerian international switches from Middlesbrough to Merseyside.

An appeal hearing in relation to the work permit application will take place on Wednesday, and Club officials will be in attendance.

Yakubu doesn't currently meet the stringent criteria for the award of a permit after he chose to stay and play for Middlesbrough rather than represent his country in the 2006 African Cup of Nations.

Specifically, the criteria requires a player to have played for his country in at least 75 percent of their competitive games in which he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application for the permit.

Earlier this week, Everton agreed a club record £11.25m fee with the Riverside outfit for the services for the striker who is second only to Thierry Henry in the Premier League scoring charts over the last four years.

Edited by Jackelz

If the Yakubu deal falls through or takes for ages to complete,how will we cope??

Well.....If Fernandes is on board,then he and Arteta will have to supply AJ,McFadden

and Anichebe with quality passing.Fernandes can and will shoot from distance and

so for that matter should Arteta.

AJ wii score with better service and McFaddens goal yesterday was class.

Vaughan and Cahill will be back in a month or so.

Goals will come,perhaps not loads......but 1-0= 3 points.

Think he's referring to the fact that ManU had to go through the appeal process to get a work permit for Anderson this summer because he didn't meet the 75% caps criterium either.

I'm still not quite sure what he's getting at, though. It can't be a suggestion that they sped up the process for ManU, because they agreed to a deal with Anderson's old club at the beginning of June but didn't have their appeal granted until June 29.

Anyway, our case should be pretty straightforward. ManU won theirs by arguing that Anderson is an exceptional talent and only prevented from meeting the caps criteria by his age; I think it's pretty clear that Yakubu is an exceptional talent (who's proven it in the PL) and only prevented from meeting the caps criteria by this fight with the Nigerian head coach.

Would go along with the way this thread is going. Just read this on BBC Sport and couldn't quite believe the stupidity of this. It is typical FA beauracratic nonsense. They just love showing everyone who is in charge. I would absolutely gaurantee that if Man Utd were signing him, this would not have come up and he would have even made his début yesterday. I think that maybe certain people in certain places like to influence the way the league goes, such as mad fixtures and delaying players arriving to clubs that would perhaps benefit otherwise. Strange that Man Utd were in the bottom three yesterday. I wonder how many penalties WON'T be awarded AGAINST them and how many non-pens they are given??????

Im confused, you're going to have to explain this

Think he's referring to the fact that ManU had to go through the appeal process to get a work permit for Anderson this summer because he didn't meet the 75% caps criterium either.

I'm still not quite sure what he's getting at, though. It can't be a suggestion that they sped up the process for ManU, because they agreed to a deal with Anderson's old club at the beginning of June but didn't have their appeal granted until June 29.

Anyway, our case should be pretty straightforward. ManU won theirs by arguing that Anderson is an exceptional talent and only prevented from meeting the caps criteria by his age; I think it's pretty clear that Yakubu is an exceptional talent (who's proven it in the PL) and only prevented from meeting the caps criteria by this fight with the Nigerian head coach.

Yeah what he said, sorry should have cleared this up myself.