IGNORED

Stadium Plans?

Romey 1878

http://www.nsno.co.uk/e107_plugins/forum/f...opic.php?311032

It looks terrible IMO. I've said it before and I'll say it again - it is just the JJB stadium with a bigger capacity and corners. It's complete shite. What have the designers been paid for exactly? It's bad enough that we are being moved outside of the boundaries but the stadium is crap as well. Nil Satis Nisi Optimum? Don't make me fucking laugh.

as ive said before id love to stay at Goodison but i dont think that will happen but to call a stadium shite or half arsed simply cos its in kirby is silly.

ime sure if that stadium was built on the Goodison park footprint Everton one would accept it no problem and as 4 anfie.lds new design i think its a joke

I don't think I said I didn't like the stadium coz it's in Kirkby. What I was talking about is the design, it's crap. Wyness said it would world class, well I'm sorry the JJB stadium is not world class. So please stop twisting my words. Do you know something that is silly though? Someone saying the Loop site is not an option when they know fuck all about it :rolleyes:

Think thhat if you look back to July when the pictures were first released (LINK) then it was a pretty much universally positive reaction (apart from Romey, which is fair enough...the Fish didn't comment).

Don't think you can really tell from these plans what it'll really look like any more than you can from the air-brushed floodlit originals. It's not the JJB though and it's not Ibrox and it's not Cologne and thank fuck it's not the new Anfield (though that has corners missing as well funnily enough). It meets World Cup requirements so it's no "cow-shed" for sure and I think people will be surprised by the scale of it if it ever gets built. Stand by what I (and most others on here) said in July....I like it.

The statement below which you made a few days ago pretty much indicates you know very little about the loop site to be fair!

i think it isnt big enough unless bestway move out ....and i think this is bestways motive give up the loop site and get new more accsesable premises for themselves.

leaving the lcc with a waste ground to move efc onto ..otherwise what do bestway get out of this move.

what do you want me to know...as far as ime concerned its a piece of waste land thats been there for 30yrs...apart from bestway that is.

I dont want you to know anything I'm just questioning your opinions on the ground move, it's you who's struggling to back up your opinion because you havent got a decent argument for or against either site!

The Kirkby deal looks decent on the surface but there is masses of information available that would make anyone who scratched that surface ask questions. The loop is still an embryotic idea which could easily match or better the kirkby deal but could quite as easily fall on it's face. As for re-development I believe it's a non starter in terms of cost but looking at the possible plans would IMO turn Goodison into something realy special.

The only thing I can say for definate is this, the club should have been doing what we are doing now 2 years ago, debating every option and having an open mind!

what do you want me to know...as far as ime concerned its a piece of waste land thats been there for 30yrs...apart from bestway that is.

What the Loop site entails for a start. You didn't even know what was happening i.e. BestWay vacating the land.

It's not moving to Kirkby that's my problem really, it's the fact we've been railroaded into it by Everton refusing to look into other options, and when options have been shown to them they've dismissed them out of hand when they should look into them or they've given us reasons why it's a non-starter that you can quite easily use to say Kirkby won't work. Then I get the disappointment of the plans of this sparkly new stadium of ours ontop of it.

The bestway situation is that they have been after new land for a while and LCC (in typical fashion) are dragging their feet. Bestway have siezed the opportunity and said why not use the loop which benifits them, bestway as I understand it are not looking to become a commercial partner or have any other involvement with the stadium. What they want is LCC to order purchase of their land for us to use which will make them eligable for a prime re-location site so it's a good opportunity for them to improve their chances of moving to the location they want.

If we dont move to the loop bestway are in a situation where the land they are on is hard for them to shift because it lies in the middle of a huge regeneration area. This means that any building on there needs to be sanctioned by many regeneration partners and bestway have experienced how hard that can be in the past.

I believe the situation with LCC at the moment is that should the site be viable and EFC want it everything will get the green light in the interest of keeping our business within their council boarders.

Never realy been a re-development fan but I think the re-developed Goodison park plans looked a million miles more impressive!

As a former Liverpool resident now living in Australia I feel my opinion is not quite worth as much as those that go to the game week-in-week-out. But I'll have my say anyway.

Kirkby design isnt all that bad. Sorry Goldfish but they are certainly better than the Goodison re-development plans I've seen.

It appears your anti-Kirkby stance is clouding your judgement. Having said that I am not pro-Kirkby myself. If the loop site is possible I think that provides a much stronger base for the club and will generate more money but the fact that it looks like a maximum crowd capacity would be only 60,000 would mean another potential move for Everton in 20 years time or so.

I would love a re-developed Goodison but it would have to be better than the plans I saw. In fact Goodison would probably need raised to the ground as a major overhaul would be necessary especially being so close to the space ship on Stanley Park. Dont want to be overshadowed by them do we.

The prob with a Goodison Re-development would be where do we play while that is happening?

basically, the stadium is built below ground level, you just build above slightly. the only thing you really see is the roof structure. i thinks its a great idea, different to most designs.

its just a great design imo

would stand out more than any design ive seen lately.

its not just plans either, they are actually building this right now

caracteristicas1.jpg

ventajas4.jpg

I am afraid this would cost an arm and a leg - the earthworks required would cost, the strength of the stadium wall would needs to be even greater (and costlier) just to resist the pressure from the earthworks and on-going mainanace of those sloping grassed areas wouldn't be easy or cheap either.

My guess this design is being adopted as possibly part of a planning constraint. I you would not do this amount of work just for the sake of it.

i was waiting for your reply rob. wasnt sure about the structural stuff myself.

liam, its half and half. the lower tier is under ground, then the restaurants/corporate are ground level, then the upper tier is the bit the grass slopes onto.

mark, its fc chivas (mexico) will hold about 45000, at the moment they are doing the under ground structural work.

it is innovative, and different!

i was waiting for your reply rob. wasnt sure about the structural stuff myself.

liam, its half and half. the lower tier is under ground, then the restaurants/corporate are ground level, then the upper tier is the bit the grass slopes onto.

mark, its fc chivas (mexico) will hold about 45000, at the moment they are doing the under ground structural work.

it is innovative, and different!

I was going to guess it was in a hot country. In mexico it gets VERY hot. I think the idea of the earth is to provide a cooler temperature on the pitch which will in turn probably help the grass.

Dont think it would be appropriate in England.