IGNORED

Bridging The Gap And Comments Vs Fiorentina

jofanon

Firstly let me start by saying me how proud of the guys I was last night. We were superb and could have won the tie easily 5-0.

4-4-2

I'm convinced we know how to play this now. We've struggled in the past but the side looked really balanced and fluid last night.

AJ

My faith has been restored in the wee man. He caused them all kinds of problems and I thought he linked up well with Yak

Defence

Jags has been awesome lately but wasn't that impressed with Yobo last night (some terrible clearences and seems to get flustered).

I'd like to see Neville, Jags, Lescott, Baines

So...the big question is...how do we bridge the gap for beating the top teams and winning games outright like last night (with extra time we really should hae scored again).

The difficulty is that we have a good team now but we need to replace good players with great players.

i've not disagreed with you for a while bill, but i have to there. Aj of late, has been great, and changed a game or two. Needing a couple of goals, i thought he was a nailed on choice, we had to get at them and cause them problems from the off. thought he was great again, would have been one of the first names on the teamsheet for me.

When Cahills fit, and if Moyes wants to play him then it will probably be 4-5-1.Last night we looked pretty dam good with two up front!.....would we have scored 3 goals with Cahill in the team either with 4-5-1....or 4-5-2? The answer is we will never know!

WHEN we play 4-5-1....we have one of the best midfielders capable of fitting into that role ie Cahill.

How do we bridge gaps etc!.....

Seven subs allowed on the bench from next season!Pick a squad able to play both formations.

Make it so we can throw either formations at opponents and change if required.

Aj and Yakubu have the making of a good partnership and both have proved they can run the line on their own.

We've still got Baines to raid down the left!......Vaughan and Anichebe still to come!......Lescott and Jags are still improving.

I'd say sort out right back and buy a couple of midfield players.....and that very tiny gap of a few points between us and Chelsea.......and but for some point we lost against Blackburn and luckypool...the gap between us and Arsenal and Man utd......will get even smaller!

WHAT!......the gap between us and luckypool!!!!!!!.....don't worry they will be spending Arab money by the bucket full to try and close the gap on us!......Yes I know they actually sit above us on goal difference!........it's only cost them the soul of their club and a £100million or so to do that!!!

Gotta say I think Belleti is a complete joke and would not want him in the team. He is good going forward but an abominable tackler. Chelsea can afford to play someone like that because their back line is so solid.

Really? From the admittedly small amount I've seen him I thought he looked quite solid (and very good coming forward!).

Centre mind is probably more of a priority anyway! We need to blend Arteta's technical ability, Carsley's tacking with Yakubu physique and AJ's work rate and we have the player we need! Easy!

I think Moyes would have gone 451 if Cahill was fit as well, and I think we may have scored more as it would have improved our passing and penetration. As for the comment about Yobo last night, I thought he and Jagielka were up there for man of the match, both won every header and cleared everything that came their way, I noticed Jagielka, if anyone, making 3 or 4 really inexplicably panicky clearances up in the air. Yobo is our best CB imo, he makes less mistakes than Lescott and is quicker. I'd keep Lescott at LB.

I too would agree with that. Yobo was fantastic last night, either he or Osman was Man of the Match for me. I think Yobo should stay for sure, just not sure about Jags. He's doing great at the moment and has improved immensely but just isn't world class. Yobo, Lescott, Baines and RB?????? Is the weak point at the moment.

Thought AJ was a handful last night, just lacked a bit of height with 2 or 3 crosses! What an atmosphere tho.

To bridge the gap its simple, keep going as we are and steadily we'll get there. As long as we make progress each year i'll be more than happy.

Ive missed somnething...why was cahill not involved?

Thought AJ was a handful last night, just lacked a bit of height with 2 or 3 crosses! What an atmosphere tho.

To bridge the gap its simple, keep going as we are and steadily we'll get there. As long as we make progress each year i'll be more than happy.

Ive missed somnething...why was cahill not involved?

He was on a Question of Sport ;)