IGNORED

Moyes Has Signed New Contract

eddie blue

Pity he couldn't have done it before we got knocked out of two cup competitions :angry: Oh well, I guess we'll see how good he really is how we end up this season, at minute we've got a hole to dig ourselves out of, let's hope this gets the fire and fight back into the side

Had a twitchy bum on this for a while, I could'nt quite get my head around the delay. All reports were along the lines of "Moyes wants to sign" and "Moyes wants to stay", my thoughts were "sign then you procrastinating ginger twat". Pleased to have it signed and sealed.

ATB

Mac

Why did Moyes take so long to sign the contract?

Has anything change in the months that he's been holdiing the club to ransom? Has Bill turned around and said, "Go on then Dave, I'll give you £50m per year for transfers"... NO! Nothing has changed whatsoever.

The cynics (of which I am one) will think that he's finally jumped on this 5 YEAR contract because all of the talk of someone buying the club could mean that they'd happily let him go and replace him at the end of the year. Now he's signed he knows that if they try and get rid he's £16.5m better off.

He's done nothing to deserve this contract based on this seasons performances. £3.3m per year, not a bad increase from the £300k he got when he started 6 years ago. I wish I got a 1000% pay rise over 6 years, the credit crunch won't be biting at Moyes' heals will it?

Season over and he decides to sign... cheers Davey.

Why did Moyes take so long to sign the contract?

Has anything change in the months that he's been holdiing the club to ransom? Has Bill turned around and said, "Go on then Dave, I'll give you £50m per year for transfers"... NO! Nothing has changed whatsoever.

The cynics (of which I am one) will think that he's finally jumped on this 5 YEAR contract because all of the talk of someone buying the club could mean that they'd happily let him go and replace him at the end of the year. Now he's signed he knows that if they try and get rid he's £16.5m better off.

He's done nothing to deserve this contract based on this seasons performances. £3.3m per year, not a bad increase from the £300k he got when he started 6 years ago. I wish I got a 1000% pay rise over 6 years, the credit crunch won't be biting at Moyes' heals will it?

Season over and he decides to sign... cheers Davey.

Calm down there mate. At the end of the day the only one who knows, and the only one who ever will know, why Moyes didn't sign the contract earlier is Moyes himself. How you can say that nothing has changed is beyond me, no one on here really knows what is going on behind the closed doors of Goodison Park. Things may be changing, Moyes may have been given reasssurances that he was looking for.

There is something that Moyes has been waiting for, what that is is up for specualtion, but he has been granted his wish. I for one don't see Moyes as a greedy man so I can't see it being to do with money for himself, but more likely to be transfer budget related. We'll have a better indication of the future and finance of the club come January.

And another thing. The season is not over. Its only October. Now stop complaining like a little child and get behind the club, the player and most of all the manager. We won't make any progress this season if we start throwing stones and laying blame. I personally think that now Moyes has removed the uncertainty of his future we should draw a line under the poor start of the season and make the most of the rest of the season.

COYB

Why did Moyes take so long to sign the contract.........

......Season over and he decides to sign... cheers Davey.

....which would all suggest that he's a dishonorable money grabber who cares nothing about Everton.

Completely ridiculous and patently untrue (imo) premise and if you really think that then I believe you're an extremely poor judge of character.

It could be down to a number of things and until/if Moyes or the Club make a comment all we can do is speculate, Its like Jamie said no one knows whats going on behind the scenes. Im just glad its finally out of the way now and we can enjoy the season there's still 31 games to go and 93 points up for grabs :P

At the end of the day it's an opinion, we all have them.

Has Moyes looked happy at the club at all this season? NO!

Has his body language read that he is happy in his job? NO!

Does he sound happy with what is happening with the club? NO!

Up until this week, has he said anything along the lines of the club matching his ambitions and pushing on this season? NO!

All pre-season and so far this season he has looked like a man who was ready to either leave the club or jump off a bridge. Now all of a sudden he signs a new 5 year deal... does that not give someone the right to be suspicious of his motives?

All this 'poor judge of character' talk, do you know him? Unlikely, if so ask him wtf is happening at the club, cos I'd love to know why after the best season in 20 years the club has failed to back Moyes and allowed us to go backwards massively.

The club has failed to back him due to financial constraints, i.e. we have a chairman with less money than an average Prem player who can't attract investors whatsoever, and the rest of the board refuse to stump up any money for the club.

The flip side could be that Moyes has been told of a takeover, the plans for the new owners and the trillions of pounds that will become available to him. Which, would be the club matching his ambition. I just think that it's very odd that for someone who has looked/ sounded so depressed and unhappy in his job suddenly signs a new 5 year deal.

The fact that a contract only means something when the club tries to get rid of you is a worthy point to raise. The man is/ was not happy at the club, this is the top and bottom of it.

If he needs trillions of pounds to spend to be happy in his job, and this is what has been promised to him then this brings about a whole new raft of questions... which I'll not bother raising now- I'll leave them til January!!!!

Sorry if I upset all you Moyes lovers, but this is a forum for opinions. If we all thought the same and that the sun shines out of Moyes' ar5e then this forum would be quite boring, no?!

So far this season we have been nothing short of dreadful, partly because established players have failed to perform, but this may be down to internal matters and the fact that the manager looks like he'd rather be anywhere else than Finch Farm throughout the week.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a billionaire to come in, but I'd also like Moyes to prove his worth. He finally managed to bring players in but the team is falling woefully short of its potential based on last season.

At the end of the day it's an opinion, we all have them.

Nobody's saying you can't have an opinion.

All this 'poor judge of character' talk, do you know him?

So you're suggesting that it's not possible to judge a persons character unless you personally know them no matter how many hours, months or years you spend watching and listening to what they say and do.

Hmmm...Adolf Hitler or Mother Theresa, who was the nicest person? Can't possibly make a judgement because I never met either of them :rolleyes: .

Just think your opinion (which you're perfectly entitled to) is (imo) completely absurd and laughable.

The problem I had with your post was stating unfounded facts, that where simply misguided.

Saying our season is already over is ludicrous at such an early stage. I'm not a "Moyes Lover" as you stated, I try and keep a balanced view on him. I feel at the moment that he does make mistakes as a manager, as would any manager, but he is one of the best managers we could hope for at the moment. We can't attract a high profile manager as we can't offer him the financial backng. Not many people can do what Moyes has done with the money he has available. Look at who we would probably get in too replace Moyes, if he had gone, and it would be people like Allardyce, who really don't inspire anything.

Also another thing, you stated that Moyes hasn't looked happy this year. Correct me if i'm wrong, but does Moyes ever look happy? Personally I think he has a permanant scottish scowl on his face. He could win the lottery and would still look like someone had taken a shit in his cereal.

I understand that everyone is entitled to there own opinion, its just that all this hopeless negativity is really starting to annoy me. Plus people statin our season is over already is just plain stupid. We still have things to fight for, they may not be cups or titles but they are still important for the club. Qualification for europe is still very possible and still vitally important.

Its time to put the last few months behind us and starting looking forward and planning for the future. Negativity will get us nowhere.

MikeO, I don't think the fundamentalist ideologies of Hitler to something as intrinsically motivational as money is a fair comparison, but I take your point.

Jamie, I agree that Moyes isn't known for his happy demeanour, but even his furrowed brow looks to have deepened since pre-season.

Look, I don't want Moyes to go, I just want him to perform, which I do not think he is doing at the moment. Add to that the questionable timing (at best) of him signing his contract and I think it is a valid point for discussion. Every interview he has given has been negative and he has really looked unhappy with his lot.

My comments are mainly out of frustration. Last season was our best for 20 years, we should be pushing on towards the top 4 yet we have stood still. Which, with everyone around us making massive leaps forward means that we are going backwards. We are now out of the 2 competitions that I thought we had the best chance for success in and are out of them before September/ the start of October. I had another European jolly planned the same as that outside the team hotel in Germany last year which was absolutely amazing. Alas, it's not to be.

I'd love to remain positive and think that European qualification is still up for grabs, but unless this contract signings injects a new lease of life into the team I cannot see it. I think our best chance may be the Man City route of the fair play league- which if that is the way to go Moyes had better tell Feillani to stop getting yellowed every game :D

Here's hoping for aq kick start to the season at the Emirates this weekend

Not a good start! Yes!

Nothing to play for!...Come on!.How about our first clean sheet :unsure: a european place finish, or maybe just as high as we can.Who will score our first hattrick of the season, the Yak or maybe James Vaughan.What about taking a team to anfield different to the one that played them at Goodison!How about watching young players make their mark this season, Kissock, Rodwell, Vaughan and Anichebe.Maybe Moyes will smile, that will be nice to watch out for!Maybe when the defence has got back to normal and midfield settled in....hell we might just give someone a good thrashing, bit like Sunderland last year!

We might lose to Arsenal!, doesn't mean we can't do any of the above.Beat them and the season could just be starting.......Hell! with a couple of lucky draws, even a run in the FA cup's not impossible.

Restore the pride!......That will do for a start.

Nothing to play for!!........ 3 points aginst Arsenal.

"I never thought for a minute the contract was in doubt, nor, I don’t think the Club did either.

"So I think there was a lot of trust in it. In a day and age where there's talk about managers and chairman or the combination of how they work together – I work very well with my chairman, and we’re both very honest and blunt with each other, and I think that helps the relationship."

At Friday's media conference, Moyes was asked about the delay in signing his contract.

He replied: "There were many different reasons. We’d had a really good season and we tried to change things around – for different reasons, but in the end, I get on really well with Bill, and I got on really well with the board, and we were only ever trying to do the best for Everton all along.

"So, working together, we got there in the end. In truth I still had six or eight months of contract to go so it wasn’t as if I was coming out (of contract). I think it probably started to get a little bit more importance than I thought it actually deserved."

Moyes has now been at Everton since 2002, but insists his passion and pride in the job is still as strong now as it was when he first took charge.

He said: "Definitely, when I came here six and a half years ago, it was an unbelievable feeling – getting a chance to manage a Premier League club, and one like Everton.

"And that hasn’t changed for me. Every day I think how lucky I am, and yes, I want more.

"I’m really ambitious, and I want the Club to be that way. But you look what's happened over the six years; as a club which we’ve not had much money. We’ve worked really hard, and that’s the case at the moment.

"But I’ll tell you what, we’re working really hard to try and get to the top, and in the last few seasons we’ve made a good go at it, and we’re going to try and do it again."

I don't see how anyone can read/hear him talking like that and come to the conclusion that he's bullshitting (not picking particularly on blueblood, he's not alone in his opinions). Some people must just live in a far more cynical and suspicious world than I do :) .

one thing i will do in this debate, is to quote Ronny Goodlass, talks a lot of sense in this interview.

"It's good news for the club as it ends all the uncertainty," Goodlass told BBC Radio Merseyside.

"We need to put some silverware on the table, there has to be an improvement."

"The question mark against David Moyes for the last six years is that he hasn't brought any silverware to the club.

"I think in the next couple of years he has to do that."