IGNORED

Yobo Out Injured

Guest efctaxi

If he doesn't give Jacobsen a start , then I will be a little annoyed .

I want to see what the guy is like , and he signed for Everton and deserves his chance to prove himself . We only have him for 1 year , so to not play him will send out warning signs to any other loan / short term potential signing in the future .

It's not like were playing the top sides ffs :huh:

It may turn out to be the best thing that could have happened to our defence. I'll feel a lot more comfortable with Jags at CB rather than RB.

At the same time we haven't been conceding many goals at all and Yobo was just getting back into form, I haven't been concerned about our defence and I would much rather have Neville in midfield than Rodwell who has looked a liability in most of the games he has played. Personally I'd rather put Rodwell or someone at RB as if we take Neville out of midfield then it really will be weak.

If he doesn't give Jacobsen a start , then I will be a little annoyed .

I want to see what the guy is like , and he signed for Everton and deserves his chance to prove himself . We only have him for 1 year , so to not play him will send out warning signs to any other loan / short term potential signing in the future .

It's not like were playing the top sides ffs :huh:

Apparently he's had trouble taking throw ins, and while he is match fit Moyes is waiting until he's ready. Moyes' level of ready is a bit different to the rest of us, Jacobsen included, but I want to see what he is like as well.

Howard

Jack Jags Lescott Baines

osman neville Fellaini Pienaar

Cahill

Jo

I'd rather that than rodwell start.

It may turn out to be the best thing that could have happened to our defence. I'll feel a lot more comfortable with Jags at CB rather than RB.

Jagielka hasn't been as good at right-back and this could be a really good piece of news for us. Yobo will be missed but then again it's back to normal for us. When we was without him the defence was at its best. Baines, Lescott & Jagielka have all deserved England-call ups due to the commitment this season. This isn't too bad of news for us, Portsmouth should still be beatable.

Apparently he's had trouble taking throw ins, and while he is match fit Moyes is waiting until he's ready. Moyes' level of ready is a bit different to the rest of us, Jacobsen included, but I want to see what he is like as well.

Even though I said 'if its not broke dont fix it' I would like to see Jacobsen play. There is now a gap in the position and Lars would be the best man to cover the role. His fitness seems to be okay from what I've seen (though I can't make accurate judgement) and it would be a good sign to see him feature. If he does cock up take him of and stick Phil there.

At the same time we haven't been conceding many goals at all and Yobo was just getting back into form, I haven't been concerned about our defence and I would much rather have Neville in midfield than Rodwell who has looked a liability in most of the games he has played. Personally I'd rather put Rodwell or someone at RB as if we take Neville out of midfield then it really will be weak.

I know you're a fan of Yobo but the centre of defence has looked shaky with Yobo there and I'll be glad that he's not.

I know you're a fan of Yobo but the centre of defence has looked shaky with Yobo there and I'll be glad that he's not.

I'm not disputing that in an ideal world Jags and Lescott would be playing at CB (as they were excellent together) my worry is if we move Neville out of midfield then we will lose major ground in the midfield, which is the most important area of the pitch. RB is one of the least important positions on the pitch whereas DM/CM is about the most important. If we play Jacobsen or move Rodwell into RB then I am not too concerned about Yobo being injured but if Neville is moved to RB and Rodwell brought into midfield then I cannot see us winning too many more matches. I don't rate Rodwell in midfield at all, he's not ready.

I'm not disputing that in an ideal world Jags and Lescott would be playing at CB (as they were excellent together) my worry is if we move Neville out of midfield then we will lose major ground in the midfield, which is the most important area of the pitch. RB is one of the least important positions on the pitch whereas DM/CM is about the most important. If we play Jacobsen or move Rodwell into RB then I am not too concerned about Yobo being injured but if Neville is moved to RB and Rodwell brought into midfield then I cannot see us winning too many more matches. I don't rate Rodwell in midfield at all, he's not ready.

I agree with you. I'd hate to see Neville moved out of midfield (I can't believe I'm even saying that!) because he's been one of our most consistent performers this season. Why Rodwell to RB though? :huh: That seems completely insane to me. If Neville is moved to RB then there's no way Rodwell should play CM, he needs Neville alongside him, not Cahill, if he's to play midfield. I'd rather give Jacobsen a chance myself, at least he's a natural RB.