IGNORED

A General Question

rubecula

This is just a quick question.

What is going to happen to Goodison Park?

If we move to Kirkby what happens to our home?

If we don't move, then waht happens?

This is not a discussion on the ground move, or whether it happens. I am just curious as to what sort of plans have been made for Goodison.

I always thought to myself it would be nice for Goodison to remain in our hands and provide a place for the reserves and the Ladies to play. But I assume that is totally unlikely.

Nice idea but Bill/the board are going to need every penny they can wring out of the place to go towards the new stadium :mellow:

I always thought to myself it would be nice for Goodison to remain in our hands and provide a place for the reserves and the Ladies to play. But I assume that is totally unlikely.

as nice as an idea as that is (managed to get 'as' into the same sentence 3 times there!), the revenue from the reserves and ladies games simply wouldnt cover the costs of keeping it open. Any renevation to turn it into an events field or whatever simply wouldnt be funded, at least not by Everton. Just take down the stands and leave it as a pitch for the local kids to play on if we move...

as nice as an idea as that is (managed to get 'as' into the same sentence 3 times there!), the revenue from the reserves and ladies games simply wouldnt cover the costs of keeping it open. Any renevation to turn it into an events field or whatever simply wouldnt be funded, at least not by Everton. Just take down the stands and leave it as a pitch for the local kids to play on if we move...

Very true, one rationale for moving is the costs for maintenance. If income from the 1st team doesn't cover it then reserves/ladies certainly isn't going to.

It will be earmarked for housing just like Bellefield was supposed to be.

If we move then I will be down there with my chisel getting my piece of history.

Very true, one rationale for moving is the costs for maintenance. If income from the 1st team doesn't cover it then reserves/ladies certainly isn't going to.

It will be earmarked for housing just like Bellefield was supposed to be.

If we move then I will be down there with my chisel getting my piece of history.

youre going to give the board ideas! 10quid a brick/plank! we could make a small fortune!

youre going to give the board ideas! 10quid a brick/plank! we could make a small fortune!

Arsenal sold the Highbury pitch one square foot at a time....was going to get my father-in law a piece but you had to go pick it up in person at a specific time and I couldn't make it for some reason.

Must have a piece of Goodison though :) .

I should imagine it would be sold to the highest bidder for retail or housing purposes. It might just end up like the old Ayresome Park, which is now a modern, well presented housing estate and actually has reminders, i.e concrete posts depicting where the goal posts/ penalty spots etc. etc. would have been, around the estate itself.