IGNORED

Resting Players

milky71

I'm a firm believer of playing your best team in every game, and i dont think it will be a problem, cos if you look through our squad you'll see they have all missed spells through injury or loss of form.

Think the players who have played most are Baines and Osman, the defence has been a mix between Hibbert, Neville, Yobo Heitinga, Distin, Senderos, all of whom have had spells out of the team, midfield has also been "rested", Fellaini, Pienaar, Arteta, Cahill, Billyaletdinov, have had spells out, and Saha has been in and out all season.

Think its only Baines and Osman who might start feeling "tired" but if you ask them, do you want to be rested ?, the answer would be no. ;)

I'm a firm believer of playing your best team in every game, and i dont think it will be a problem, cos if you look through our squad you'll see they have all missed spells through injury or loss of form.

Think the players who have played most are Baines and Osman, the defence has been a mix between Hibbert, Neville, Yobo Heitinga, Distin, Senderos, all of whom have had spells out of the team, midfield has also been "rested", Fellaini, Pienaar, Arteta, Cahill, Billyaletdinov, have had spells out, and Saha has been in and out all season.

Think its only Baines and Osman who might start feeling "tired" but if you ask them, do you want to be rested ?, the answer would be no. ;)

I knew Bill would be in this one! I personally think you only need to look at Aston Villa last year to see why rotation is necessary, they ran out of steam and barely staggered to the finish line, whilst Liverpool tend to have excellent run ins due to the freshness of their players. I think there is a happy medium. As it happens, I do think Bill is right in that this season, due to all the injuries and getting knocked out of the cups early, most of our players haven't actually played that many matches. I can't see any reason why Arteta, Pienaar, Donovan, Bily, Heitinga, Cahill, Neville etc would be getting burn out. Saha may start feeling it but aside from that I don't think there is much to worry about, that being said, when there are two games in a week then I'd like to see us make early substitutions as I think we need to keep our best players fresh for Sunday against Spurs.

Yeah i agree with Bill on this one... It seems are players have the nack after xmas anyway to put in that extra shift and most don't suffer from ot, i think down to moyes way of training and getting players motivated we dont seem to really tire towards the back end of the season, well in recent years anyway

I doubt any of them would want a rest the way we're playing with so much left to fight for. If we got to the final of the Europa, that's 20 games left this season, which is a fair old shift, but then if you think the likes of Jags, Arteta, Rodwell, Gosling, Yak, Vic, Vaughany, Coleman, and even some of the kids like Duffy, haven't played much football between them at all this season, there's plenty of quality there to come in and do a job as and when necessary. The trick is not to make wholesale changes and play players on form - if anyone does tire, their form will dip, and we have plenty waiting in the wings to come in and show what they can do.

personally i dont think we can afford to start to change the squad, we are playin well at the moment, got some good team understanding there,

especially in the final third so i just think we should just get sporting and spurs out of the way and then when we start to play the easier teams

like hull and bolton next month we can bring one or two new fresh faces in!

personally i dont think we can afford to start to change the squad, we are playin well at the moment, got some good team understanding there,

especially in the final third so i just think we should just get sporting and spurs out of the way and then when we start to play the easier teams

like hull and bolton next month we can bring one or two new fresh faces in!

Problem is that some of the 'easy' teams we've got to come towards the end of the season, might be fighting relegation.....that to me says, 'not' easy!

Plus we didn't find Hull too easy a couple of months ago.

Problem is that some of the 'easy' teams we've got to come towards the end of the season, might be fighting relegation.....that to me says, 'not' easy!

I see what you're saying and teams may be scrapping to avoid relegation but we should also be scrapping to get 4th place. At the end of the day, if you can't beat the weaker teams then you don't deserve to finish 4th. We need to beat Tottenham or certainly not lose, it's one game at a time at the moment and then assess from there.

there are no easy games at all thats why he said easier cos we have all the big 4 out of the way and i'd expect us to win all of our remaining home games and at least 3 or 4 away...as you quite right said we didnt do it against hull but we were shocking then! if we keep our current form though we will destroy teams like that