IGNORED

You Might Shoot Me Down But....

His goal celebration against us at Goodison when he took Weirs crap backpass and scored said it all. He loved every second of it, as far as I'm concerened he's no longer an Evertonian or has any existing connection with the club. I support him in an England shirt but thats as far as it goes. I always love seeing the mancs lose, if he's playing it makes it all the sweeter.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best wishes to him in an England shirt but i hope he wins nothing with manure even if it affects us by not getting bonus payments (not sure if that's still running on his contract).

I'm chuffed with the money we've got for him although reckon we couldv'e squeezed another £2mill. Look what it's paid for:

AJ

Lescott

BT

Arteta

Neville

VDM (give him time PLS)!...

I make that about £26mill so let's throw cahill in to the equation even though we already had him and there's £28mill-cheers wayne!

My only regret about the rooney deal was the anamosity which surrounded it and I just wish they'd somehow included a clause that he would return say when he's 30 cos it feels like we never got enough time from him.

""I make that about £26mill so let's throw cahill in to the equation even though we already had him and there's £28mill-cheers wayne"

What 28 million are you talking about. ?? we have only recieved £20 mill for him, 10m each year, and we are only likely to get any more, if he signs another contract to stay with Manure. (They were frightened that he would come back here after a spell with them). Any other money was if in the five years of his Contract utd won the Prem Title, The Euro cup, the FA Cup, and any other competition they were in, we would receive more cash bonuses.

He was a give-away at 20 million pounds, when you think that Chelsea have just Payed £30m for a 29 year old who doesnt look half as good as Rooney.

Edited by toffeelicker

i assure you he is still an evertonian

and it was yobo's back pass

(cant believe i posted)

32862[/snapback]

It doesn't matter who made the back pass the point was him rubbing it in the fans noses after he scored. When Cahill scored against Millwall he just trooted back his own half.

""I make that about £26mill so let's throw cahill in to the equation even though we already had him and there's £28mill-cheers wayne"

What 28 million are you talking about. ??  we have only recieved £20 mill for him, 10m each year, and we are only likely to get any more, if he signs another contract to stay with Manure. (They were frightened that he would come back here after a spell with them). Any other money was if in the five years of his Contract utd won the Prem Title, The Euro cup, the FA Cup, and any other competition they were in, we would receive more cash bonuses.

He was a give-away at 20 million pounds, when you think that Chelsea have just Payed £30m for a 29 year old who doesnt look half as good as Rooney.

32907[/snapback]

We get 1 mil this august, 1 mil next year and another in 2008 if they havent already been payed via the other agreed incentives. We also get 1.5m when they sign him on a new contract which I would expect to happen sometime next year. We also get another .5 when he gets 20 caps is hes still a man u player which isnt far away + another half for his next 20 caps.

Edited by Bluetrip

All them bits and pieces still dont add up to 28 mill, unless they are still paying 50 pence a week for him until he's 30. :blink:

That was one bum deal, and if he'd have been thinking of the Club, he would have signed the contract that was offered to him so we could have got a proper fee for him 6 months later, he pushed us into a corner so we had to sell him cheap, or he could have walked away for nowt.

It's telling that the 04-05 season was one of the best we have had in recent memory even without him. I think Gravesson going had far more impact on the club than Rooney did (again, no matter who you are if you get the chance to play for a team like Real then you're going to take it).

31633[/snapback]

Totaly agree there mate i think it showed hoe important Graveson was with the results that followed after he left, there is a really strong rumour that the baldy assassin may be on his way back to us i for one REALLY HOPE HE DOES!!! :lol:

As for Rooney, who can honestly say they expected us to qualify for the CL??? Certainly not me and i think if he thought we had been able to he would've stayed!! Ive met the lad and he certainly came across as an Evertonian, as it happens the money we recieved for him has been wisely spent recently so him leaving actually HELPED THE CLUB OUT!!

At least were always going to be able to say our club produced the best English talent for donkeys years!! B)

Edited by smeghead1

All them bits and pieces still dont add up to 28 mill, unless they are still paying 50 pence a week for him until  he's 30. :blink:

That was one bum deal, and if he'd have been thinking of the Club, he would have signed the contract that was offered to him so we could have got a proper fee for him 6 months later, he pushed us into a corner so we had to sell him cheap, or he could have walked away for nowt.

33021[/snapback]

He would never have gone for nothing even if hed have let his contract run down, as he would have been under 24 years of age it would have been taken to a tribunal where it would have been decided what fee we were entitled to

Didnt do well at mathematics in school, so tell me if i am wrong.

We have received 20million over the last 2 years for him.

1m if United win the Champions League ...................................NO

£500,000 if United are runners-up in the Champions League .......NO

£500,000 if United win the Premiership......................................NO

£250,000 if United finish second in the Premiership .....................NO

£150,000 if United win the FA Cup..............................................NO

£500,000 if Rooney earns 20 England caps in competitive games while a United player ....................... :blink: ????

£500,000 if Rooney plays a further 20 times for England in competitive games while a United player.............. :blink: NO

Even if none of those things happen in the next five years the Toffees will receive at least an extra £3m, paid in £1m instalments on 1 August 2006 and the same date in 2007 and 2008.

What a shitty deal that was, they are buying him on the hire purchase, it will be another 5 years before he gets forty England caps caps.

Well we can forget all those little bits probs wont get any of them, so the best we can hope for is in a couple of years time, we will have had £23 Million for him.

I wouldnt call that anything like a good deal. :o

Didnt do well at mathematics in school, so tell me if i am wrong.

We have received 20million over the last 2 years for him.

1m if United win the Champions League ...................................NO

£500,000 if United are runners-up in the Champions League .......NO

£500,000 if United win the Premiership......................................NO

£250,000 if United finish second in the Premiership .....................NO

£150,000 if United win the FA Cup..............................................NO

£500,000 if Rooney earns 20 England caps in competitive games while a  United player ....................... :blink: ????

£500,000 if Rooney plays a further 20 times for England in competitive games while a United player..............  :blink: NO

Even if none of those things happen in the next five years the Toffees will receive at least an extra £3m, paid in £1m instalments on 1 August 2006 and the same date in 2007 and 2008.

What a shitty deal that was, they are buying him on the hire purchase, it will be another 5 years before he gets forty England caps caps.

Well we can forget all those little bits probs wont get any of them, so the best we can hope for is in a couple of years time, we will have had £23 Million for him.

I wouldnt call that anything like a good deal.  :o

33286[/snapback]

They finished second last season

i got told that in a interview he said there was always a place in my heart for man utd, dnt believe he said that but if he did i honestly hope he gets injured after the world cup, gd to see last season him wearing the Everton wrist band against charlton shows he still cares for Everton

i got told that in a interview he said there was always a place in my heart for man utd, dnt believe he said that but if he did i honestly hope he gets injured after the world cup, gd to see last season him wearing the Everton wrist band against charlton shows he still cares for Everton

33403[/snapback]

If he did say that then id expect him to have been told to say it by the prick Stretford

I hate the fat git.  Let's look forward with players who really want to be part of the People's Club.  2006/07 - we'll come good again, feelin very optimistic,  COYB.

33430[/snapback]

:angry: the top and bottom of this is he wanted out :angry: once a blue always a blue <_< dont make me laugh, the grass isnt greener down the east lancs road i know drive down it evey day :lol: muppet ;)

:angry: the top and bottom of this is he wanted out  :angry: once a blue always a blue <_<   dont make me laugh, the grass isnt greener down the east lancs road i know  drive down it evey day :lol: muppet ;)

33443[/snapback]

Look - we all know that players are demanded to say certain things when they sign for a new club - look at Barmby - he told every club that he signed for 'i've always wanted to play for a club this size - i supported them as a boy'.

That fact is this - they all kiss the clubs badge after scoring a goal - the rush is amazing and they are told to appear loyal to the fans. Rooney is young (was even younger in his mind) and did as he was told.

Everton needed the money and the he alone was not going to turn the team into something special. It sickens me to see that United could snatch him away like that but he was always going to be a big star and earn more money than Everton is worth (financially) - he was never going to get that type of press or attention at the mighty blues.

We shouldn't take that transfer to heart so much - it was constructed by the EFC board and we need to get over it.