IGNORED

Allez Allez Allez Oh

thoward18

Don't think there's any meaning behind it. But hopefully it will mean a lot to us Evertonians when we look back to Roberto's reign one day.

Also it sounds brilliant, particularly when sung at stunned Mancs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvEP44HeBqU

The classy Manc bird about 04:15 in sums up a wonderful end to a marvellous evening. I'm glad she didn't fall as that would have put her out of her misery.

As for Allez Allez Allez Oh, I've heard plenty of European teams' fans singing it constantly through a game so I think it's just something we've adopted?

Did a bit of research. Apparently, "Allez" means "go" in French. So it's like saying, "go go go Everton!" That makes some sense, I guess. Though a bit weird for an English club to sing in French :D

The Gwladys Street don't know it's French.... they think it's the name of a Turkish massage parlour in Birkenhead....

• 2 weeks later...

Newcastle United were (allegedy) the first english club side to pick this up on a UEFA cup trip to Monaco in 1997.

Wasn't aware club supporters had taken this up again and why the need for it anyway ?. Realized the significance of the word and it's french origin, but no real association with the current squad set-up. Spanish would have been more appropriate if they want to give managerial tributes.

• 1 year later...