IGNORED

Roy Keane

StevO

(not a runour thread by the way, just gauging interest!)

a few papers are sayin we want Roy Keane.

Arguably the best midfielder to grace the premiership, but could he do a job for us? would you want him?

now i think hes an arogant prick, but thats what u meed on the pitch right?

people say we've been missing tommy coz he fires the team up, keane does this as much as anyone?

my mind isnt made up on this one, but i dont think i would complain if he turned up! a season or two could really make a difference!

any opinions on this?

As i said on a previous post...i dont see the point in turning Everton into a team full of ex Man UTD players who are seemingly pass their sell by dates.

I'm not sure how old Phil Neville is - late 20's/early 30's???

But he's past his prime in my view, as is Roy Keane now.

To me, it would be step back for your team rather than a step forward.

i think cahill has stoped scoring (apart from being nakered!) because of the tactics being played. With two up front he isnt allowed to make them runs as we may get caught out on the brake. i agree that we need creative inspiration, at the minute we dont look like we no what we are doin...i hope we can turn it round i really do :(

i think cahill has stoped scoring (apart from being nakered!) because of the tactics being played. With two up front he isnt allowed to make them runs as we may get caught out on the brake. i agree that we need creative inspiration, at the minute we dont look like we no what we are doin...i hope we can turn it round i really do ;)

Its very simple really....

we need to take chances - we are getting destroyed 4-0 by teams that are far worse than us and we still didn't take any chances.

We need to push out of the final third and attack the opposition in their final third.

Against Boro - we did the same, defended all game, securing the final third leaving only VDM and BT up front (and Bent later on) - its not good enough...

Boro could have scored easily - it was lucky for us that they didnt.

We need to take our chances and take risks and at the moment, the 11 starting players that Moyesy is picking every week are shit scared of crossing the half way line.

No way to Keane, he HAS been the best player in the Prem over the past 10 years or so, no doubt, but age catches up with everyone I am afraid, and keane's days as a dominant midfeild for are now well behind him, Ferguson is well aware of that and couldn't have him rocking the boat at Old Trafford, Keane is the past and the player he was having a go at are the future for Man U.

Why an earth would be want a character like Keane, who is all but past it football wise at our club - Not a chance.

No way to Keane, he HAS been the best player in the Prem over the past 10 years or so, no doubt, but age catches up with everyone I am afraid, and keane's days as a dominant midfeild for are now well behind him, Ferguson is well aware of that and couldn't have him rocking the boat at Old Trafford, Keane is the past and the player he was having a go at are the future for Man U.

Why an earth would be want a character like Keane, who is all but past it football wise at our club - Not a chance.

Look at it another way - we have Pistone, we have Weir, we have valente - all well past their best and in the 30's...

might as well add Keane to the list...at least he will add a bit of spark to the dressing room atmosphere and get the lads going...

David Ginola, Paul Gascoigne, Mark Hughes............im bored now

perhaps...but keane is still capable of 90minutes - none of the above where!

I still rate him - he still has presence and his attitude can turn a game - which is what we are lacking at the moment - plus his fitness levels are very high - again, something we are lacking.

• 1 year later...

Bizarre is all I can add to this, he's been out the game for long enough that it would take him 6 months to get any kind of fitness back and he was struggling when he retired anyway.

It's no ta for me. Nowt to do with ex-man utd or anything like that (i'd happily take Giggs, Saha, Vidic!), he's just gone too far down the road of not playing.