IGNORED

Fernandes

The Official website carries an article as...

Manuel Fernandes played as Portugal's under 21s drew 0-0 with Belgium on Sunday evening.

The 21-year-old was on loan at Everton in the second part of last season.

And he lined up for the Portuguese in an impressive looking midfield, with highly rated Sporting Lisbon man Joao Moutinho and new Man Utd star Nani also in the starting XI.

Fernandes was involved early on, firing into the side netting before getting involved with a move that Sporting's Yannick Djalo blasted at the keeper.

Both sides had chances to snatch a win as the game progressed, but in the end they had to settle with a point apiece.

Portugal's next engagement is on Wednesday when they faces hosts the Netherlands.

Source: http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/fern...-in-action.html?

Since they still carried an article of him (shows we are still interested in him), does that mean we have extended his loan? Bought him? Or does it just simply means his current loan deal is not expired and would expire in a month time?

Your thoughts and views please?

Edited by xsaint

I can honistly say i am gutted we are not gettin him!

i sat there in admiraton last night and acctualy realalised waht we are missing out on as out of the 22 players he sttod out as diffrent class he never plays the obvious pass he whiped out a few really good shots aswell. :(

we will never have a chance to sign such a good player for many years now.

i dont understand why they keep on talking about him on the websitte though as if hge is still an everton player

maybbe they know summit we dont :)

lets just hope he will stay, but my mates dad is the kitman and takes all the players cars round etc... n he reckons he is going back to pompy. Ive never heard anything true yet like, hope he's bullshitting.

is it still Jimmy Lunsden?

been a while since i kept up to date with the back room staff

So is that definate? Defo not signing him? Should get him on a year's loan.

nothing sounds for sure here tbh.

its all if and buts an he sed this.

fernandes is in holland training and playing for portugal we will find out when he returns.

remember arteta never signed for quite some time :) there's still hope

Since they still carried an article of him (shows we are still interested in him), does that mean we have extended his loan? Bought him? Or does it just simply means his current loan deal is not expired and would expire in a month time?

Your thoughts and views please?

haven't they published articles on Rhino and other ex players in the past?

Edited by mt.23

Can You hear the Drums Fernandes...

There was something in the air that night

the stars were bright, Fernandes

they were shining there for you and me

for liberty, Fernandes

though we never thought that we could lose

there's no regret

if I had to do the same again

I would my friend, Fernandes.

So is that definate? Defo not signing him? Should get him on a year's loan.

It is deffinate, honest to god cross my playtex heart

Can You hear the Drums Fernandes...

There was something in the air that night

the stars were bright, Fernandes

they were shining there for you and me

for liberty, Fernandes

though we never thought that we could lose

there's no regret

if I had to do the same again

I would my friend, Fernandes.

I prefer dancing queen

You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life

West Ham are making me sick, They've gone on and on for years how they are the academy of football and now they are another small club with too much bloody money. Seriously though £12M we never pay the figure up front cant there be some crafty instalments and pay say £6M upfront cause he's a fantastic player for only 20 years old.

Although Manny was a quality player 12 million was a huge price. Who knows how much we've got in the kitty? That could have been nearly the whole budget. I would prefer to bulk the squad up with 2 or 3 quality players instead of just having one midfielder to show for our whole summer transfer activity.

I think we can get a player of equal ability out there without being held to ransom.

Good luck to the lad though

dont agree, we wont have a chance to get a player as good has him in years

For 12 million we would definatly get a player of his quality, if not better.

We may not get the same all round player as him for cheaper but there will be a defensive midfielder in the lower leagues who can do the same job....who may not be able to get foward like he did but I believe there is plenty of who could do one of the jobs.

We could get two players for 12 million, one with the flaire of manny and one with the defensive qualities he had. Two players instead of one....bulk the squad up, better than just having one surely? ;)

dont agree, we wont have a chance to get a player as good has him in years

hit the nail right on the head!!

we may never get a chance to have a player this good agen for some time!!! certinly in moyes's reign.

its scary to think what fernades will be like in 4 years time

it scares me now watching him for the under 21's if we signed him i would have an acctual reason to go every match

But did we have the money?

If we had the money then it would have been a different story, i would have loved him in blue but have we got 12 milliion to spend on one player and have enough left over to buy 2 or 3 more players to bulk up the squad?

So take away 2 million u think downing is worth 10 million. Its just the way the market it these days, Ur opinion on this will change in a year or so becuase when he is considered one of the best in europe we will have missed out, he could be the differance between us going back to the top in years time and were not seeing it, not only would be be probly our best player along with Arteta, we have a player who can develop into another Everton legend.