IGNORED

Would You Welcome Back Rooney?

Would You Welcome BAck Rooney?

Wayne Rooney is a evertonian after all he has been a blue all his life and has everton in his blood. When he left everton it was a decison he made and a decision he had to make at such a young age. He was barely an adult and had the offer to become part of the biggest football team in the world and become an instant millionaire and celebrity. From what we have read and what we know about rooney is that he came from a rough part of our city were life is hard (from my own experience of living in a rough part of the city i know what life can be like) he had the best offer from the biggest team in the world. What team in the world never mind EVERTON could offer him what Manure offered him (Money, Trophies, Celebrity Status and Exposure). At the age of 16 he was riding his BMX at the age of 18 he's being offered £60,000 a week to play for the best biggest football team in the world. Can you atleast grasp an understanding of why this young man's judgement was not 100% and the offer on the table could majorly have clouded it.

I myself have forgive him and dont hold a grudge i hope he becomes one of the best playersof in the world. I have played with rooney when i was younger and i hope he becomes a great (but play shit against US) and maybe one day in the future return back to everton and play for us and join or Rise to the top.

I think with the progress were making in the league under David Moyes, the decison will soon come out that we are moving to kirkby to our new stadium and the new training ground and academy we our definately a team on the up. I think were the best team in England outside the top four and in a few years time we will break down the top four and hopefully challenge for the league.

Don't forget he is and always be a born evertonian (and remember the saying evertonians are born not manufactured) and i believe one day in the future Wayne Rooney will play for Everton again, and i for one will welcome him back with open arms.

Watch the video and just remember the way you felt back in the day when we had rooney in our team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_43dqaxUd7w

Your Thoughts????????????????????????

Edited by sconnerefc

wayne rooney is no longer an evertonian to me. he lost that right when he left for a rival. if he went to spain or italy or somewhere it would have been nowhere near as crushing. also if he does come back and kisses the everton badge with his red-stained lips i will hate him even more. only way i could ever trust and rely on him again is if he made some huge sacrifices for the club. im talking wages, public apology etc. even with my intense dislike of him i'd still be happy he joined, the lads got skill.

You must be joking i can't even believe this is a thread the way he left and then slated moyes in his book was a joke. Was it not enough to leave like he did but then to slate the manager and club in the press was a joke. I understand he is a greedy little brat who wanted the money and fame so he left but why not keep his mouth shut after that. Don't even like seeing him for england and think his good performances get fewer and fewer.

I'd agree with Bobby. Rooney had the world at his feet and has blown it. I think he jumped too early, showing his true colours as a money grabbing egotistical scally. The lad has no brains at all. I have to say though, outside of Moysey, Ferguson is probably the best manager to get the best out of him, and if it wasn't for that fact, I think he would have self destructed by now. Bobby is bang on about his performances, he is unquestionably one of the most gifted players to have graced the game, but doesn't he just know it. Well what goes around comes around, I believe in Karma, and he sure is paying the price for his arrogance, if these injuries keep up, I don't think it will be long before we see a repeat of Greavsie or Best. A shame over all, and I don't like knocking people, but he is a jumped up little twat. Would have supported him but for his big gob. Moysey should have never dropped his law suit, or was he paid off?????? I suppose we will never know. All I know is that Man U are very good at manipulating situations, look at Heinze (which I have to say I am pleased with, didn't want him at RS).

In answer to the original question, NO! We want team players who are proud to wear the shirt. We have had too many individuals in the past and it cost us. We are going in the right direction now, why ruin it by bringing in insecure glory seekers.

Wow, I don't know what came over me. Did I mention that I'm not a Rooney fan.

Would I take Wayne Rooney back?.......Yes!

When he's made £millions and won loads of trophies....which he will.And he probably

wouldn't have done with us.When he wants to play football for fun...while his wife is

earning £millions.When he wants to return to his first love.....Then yes.

Lets remember with him in the team we were still not really top half...we had a few

good results,but we did improve as a team when he left.

If the fans could have accepted the reasons why he left,and realised maybe it did help

us in some ways......and then on his return have sung his name as the Evertonian that

he is.....then perhaps he would have been to choked up to play well against us!

And if 1/3 of the crowd hadn't spat poison at him,he wouldn't have kissed the Man utd

badge.

I'm an Evertonian!.....if I'd have been him,treated like he was,young and hot headed

I'd have kissed the badge!

The hate that's still within many of our fans will probably mean he wont want to return!

I hope he has a great footballing life.....and can maybe do something for Everton FC

in years to come.

big dunc, hes a true evertonian, love him or hate him..youve got to love his passion for everton

MMmm,can remember Big Dunc scoring for Newcastle!.......did he ever kiss the badge?

Rooney's much younger,and for that reason alone more likely to act on impulse.

He was a young,hot headed scally,with an agent whispering in one ear,well meaning

friends in the other......he knew the club he loved was broke,and would never really

showcase his talents.The rest is history.

i read somewhere that he wants to end his career at his "beloved everton"

dunno if it's true, but as to would i accept him back i'm still undecided.

he'd need to give a huge public show of faith to everton.

I too read that somewhere but dont know where, it said along the lines of "i would like to one day play in spain then return to everton."