IGNORED

Cahill For Captain!

I do love Cahill, he brought a spark back to our team last night and long may it continue. Neville will probably stay our skipper til he leaves/retires but I'd have no problem with Cahill being our next captain, he definitely has the passion for Everton.

Agree, Neville should know himself sooner or later even moyes is going to realise he's not 1st 11 material, he should do the right thing resign as captain but its never going to happen haha.

thought yobo did a good job last nite, he was talking to the ref more than usual, that always helps in my book (and in stevie g's book too!)

but id be happy if cahill was the next captain

Yeh, i like yobo as captain, he showed a good presence last night apart from 1 dodgy pass, but i would be quite happy to see cahill as captain. anyone except neville will do.

Yeah, if we saw him shouting at the lads a bit more, then I think Joey would be perfect. Maybe he'll develop that if he's given it full time.

As for Timmy, I reckon he just needs to stay injury free over the next couple of years before we depend on him to be captain. But if he did that, then he should definitely at least be vice.

I agree that Cahill would make a good captain, but as with everyone else, I thought giving Yobo the armband seemed to get him more focussed. I still think he is one of our players who have yet to fully blossom, and there is no denying he is one of the most capable central defenders in the Premiership. His only vice, that he sems to have a Siesta for a few minutes, usually arou 65, 70 mins into the game, and it can cost us. He definitely looked less inclined to drift off against Larissa, and I really do think that was down to the Captains armband.

I would love Cahill to be club captain, but i have always thought that defensive midfielders and particularly central defenders make the best captains, probably because they have a more complete view of the game.