IGNORED

Best Goal You've Ever Scored

lawrietimson

Was playing footy yesterday for the local side and scored a 25 yard volley into the top right hand corner of the net (it was made a lot more pleasing by the fact that it was on my weaker foot ;) ). I wasn't actually aiming to put it there, it was just cleared from the box and with all the anger built-up inside me from the loss of the derby I just lashed it in. Needless to say I did not celebrate as everyone clapped, I nonchalantly walked away looking at the ground as if I scored goals like that everyday B) .

I was just wondering if anyone else has scored a goal that they were so pleased with, they will remember it years down the line.

Yes I have, I'm especially proud because now after getting scouted I play goalkeeper, so I've not scored in 3+ years. It was when I was about 11 and we had our free-kick taker injured on the side-lines and me at left-back comes charging down the field. I'm legged up by some over-weight bald kid in defence and its a free-kick to us. I decide that I am best to take the kick and keep the ball, place it on the grass and look to shoot. Now, the fact is that the ball was a few yards from the corner flag, meaning they had only one man in the wall and my coach (and plaeyrs) are screaming 'Don't Shoot!' as it's five minutes to go and the sides are at 0-0. Do I listnen? Do I balls, I smack the ball has hard as I can leaning as far back as I could and somehow it curls over the one man wall and dips just before the far post perfectly hitting the top corner of the net. My celebration was to run down the wing like a maniac before stopping in front of the coach.

'Pfft, Don't Shoot'

:D

Far too many to choose just one from. ;)

Likewise :P . I scored all four in a 4-1 win once which was fun.

Can remember the first though, when I was about eight and I went to watch my big bro's team and they were a man (boy) down so I played. Was much smaller than everyone else and I was told just to make a nuisance of myself.....I stood in front of the opposition keeper at a corner, the ball flew straight at me and, more to avoid getting hurt by it than any intent I stuck my knee up in front of me. Ball hit it and bounced in the net :lol: .

The celebration nearly killed me :) .

the first time i played with contact lenses, about five months ago. 7 a side, was on the right, brought the ball down on my right foot, turned, ball bounced twice and the volley, bottom corner. next time the ball was passed to me, normal service resumed, it went right under my foot.

Can remember the first though, when I was about eight and I went to watch my big bro's team and they were a man (boy) down so I played. Was much smaller than everyone else and I was told just to make a nuisance of myself.....I stood in front of the opposition keeper at a corner, the ball flew straight at me and, more to avoid getting hurt by it than any intent I stuck my knee up in front of me. Ball hit it and bounced in the net :lol: .

The celebration nearly killed me :) .

:rolleyes:

Another one that stands out for me was when I was 10. My great-grandad, who couldent walk or get anywhere had bought me some football boots for the new season which at the time were the best. Adidas Predator. It was the week of the local derby, Seneley & Garswood A vs. Senely & Garswood B and it was the first game that I had wore these boots. Now I'm not superstitious but it was really weird how I played.

Within the first five minutes they had scored. 0-1 down. But within a minute I had hit the ball towards the goal from way out and it had somehow managed to find its way into the goal. They were playing a better game of football and a lucky penalty allowed them to go 1-2 ahead, but once again I managed to break free and score my second to make it 2-2.

Now this is going to sound real Hollywood. But with only a few minutes left I managed to pick up the ball. Cryff Turn into the box and nutmeg thier keeper making it 3-2 to us. Never forget that game we won and even though I dont believe in that 'supersticious' talk it was a really weird day for me.

Freezing cold saturday morning playing for Broadgreen Comp agains St Dominics in the cup.

About 10 minutes from the end our centre back cleared the ball to me on the halfway line. Turned the defender took 2 touches to mid way into their half... 35 yards out, on the volley, top right corner!!! B-E-A-U tiful!

Funniest goal I've seen was when my mate scored with his knob from a corner when I played for the Liver Vaults! Ran back to our half with us trying to celebrate, just clutching his balls. Brilliant!

i play football alot these days and if you were to watch you wouuld see some spectacular goals. When it comes to a proper match, not so spectacular, as i tend to play defensive.

During the week me and a few mates have a game of 3 and in and i dont half hit some screamers. I dont mean to be big headed but some are absolute beauties

It that long ago that my memory tells me how fantastic my scoring feats were but in reality I have no doubt they were as bad as the rest of you but I do remember being sent off in a pub league game, now that took some doing

B)

Well, I like to say that but it dosen't sound as good when I say. 'Yeah, It was deliberate handball..' the physco maniac school-kid impression kinda' goes away quickly :P

How many of you lads played 'kick the can' or actually know what it is?

Played something we called "Kick the Can" and it involved (surprisingly) kicking a can but it bore no relation to football other than the act of kicking so it may have been something different Jim.

And I got sent off once when I was a lad but the ref rescinded it a few years later and admitted he'd treated me more harshly than he would anyone else....he was my dad :lol: .

Played something we called "Kick the Can" and it involved (surprisingly) kicking a can but it bore no relation to football other than the act of kicking so it may have been something different Jim.

And I got sent off once when I was a lad but the ref rescinded it a few years later and admitted he'd treated me more harshly than he would anyone else....he was my dad :lol: .

After the war footballs were in very short supply, plastic wasn't in use and tennis balls non existent so we played games with a series of cans against goals painted on bomb site walls. A can would last until someone stood on it, normally me or possibly Bill :P . The old women used to come out of their houses to chase you for kicking the can in the street, it really did make a racket. Happy days

Scored a cracker during a seven aside last year. Ball came at about waist hieght to me at some pace, I managed to control and chip the ball over me and a onstanding defender and the rifle the ball into the near post corner. My only regret is that I didn't manage to connect on the volley. That really would have been special.

I also once scored a Matty Taylor 40 yard thumper, though that was all luck and no judgement, not that I said that at the time though ;)

Couple of goals come to mind!

Playing for a Wisbech pub team against RAF Marham.Probably only my 2nd or 3rd game for the team, corner comes in, straight towards me on the edge of the area.The bloody balls travelling so fast and not really sure how to deal with it, I let it go through my legs and just flick at it with my heal....kinda Zola style :rolleyes: .....it was meant to go into the box......but it flew into the top corner B) ........SO off I ran trying to give my new team mates the impression I'd meant it.....and they had infact sighned the closest thing to a Brizallian living in Norfolk!

Sadly it took probably only another couple of games before they realized, this wasn't the case.

The previous team I'd played for had the dubious pleasure of seeing me charge down the goalkeeper, only to realise that he would in fact beat me to the ball.Therefore rather than get my head knocked off I turned around and got it out of the way.The Goalie tried to launch the ball into space, not sure what planet he was aiming for, but it my Anus.......and flew back past him into the net.

Bet Zola never did that :rolleyes:

Good thread mate, erm hard to say best tbh id say one of the most memorable i ever scored was in the semi finals of the Lancashire cup for my high school,

i was in the forth year and we played St Cecilia's who had Preston's keeper Andy Lonergan playing for them, I scored one of them goals where the balls rolling to you and you think fuck it av it and it went flying in from about 30 odd yards scored a tap in that game aswell won 6.1 and went on to win the Lancashire cup

Scored my first competative goal in 3 years yesterday. I play as a goalkeeper now so as you can imagine I don't see much of the ball in an attacking sense. I was playing against a rival school on thier pitch which was for some reason really hard at one end. The rain had made the pitch kinda' muddy but the opposite box was hard, mainly due to lots of sand covering it.

We were 5-0 up and looking good for the win when we get bombarded by thier attack force. They managed to scrap a few shots at us but we defend them all and clear our lines. They managed to get another attack and this time it was looking good to go in. I managed to tip the ball round for a corner but for some reason they decide to push thier whole team bar the goalkeeper into the box. The corner comes across but its not really going anywhere and ends up curling towards the six-yard box. An easy catch. I calmly look for players and then remember that thier whole team is in our half and the keeper is now sprinting back to his goal-line. 5-0 up I went for the greedy method and smacked the ball as hard as I could in the goal's direction. The ball flew over the goalkeeper and bounced somewhere near the penalty-spot and into the back of the net. A 90-yard screamer :P Chuffed.

• 2 weeks later...

I Play In Goal So I Only Have Had A Few Decent Goals

One I Very Clearly Remeber I Was About 11 And I Was Playin Wiv Me Brva And His Mates Who Were

About 15 And There I Was In Goal And The All Me Brva's Mates Were By My Goal And Only The Goalie Was Down The Ova End Some Reason I Felt Greedy But Lucky So I Give It A Wack And There It Was In The Back Ov The Net Went Straight Ova The Goalies Head. Me Brva Was Very Proud :)

Edited by amb3r-3fc

• 7 months later...

I've scored from the half way line like for my team. Keeper was way of his line for some stupid reason (there wasn' any reason for him to be so far of his line) so I just had a pop side footed it over the keeper and in. Goals are rare for me though as I play at right back but I always try to score making pacing runs down the wing and trying to cut inside... most of these oppertunities are laughable because I can't take a man on for jack shit :P.

i was on the edge of the box cross from the left behind me a bit i let it get above and past me a little and hit an overhead scissor into the far bottom corner.

scored a few cracking freekicks as well. one of note was about 25 yards out right of centre and i decided to take it with my left instead of the right, and bent it into the far top corner in off the post (i'd scored on with my right about 10 minutes earlier too)...needless to say i was rather pleased with my performance

Edited by CraccerC

Remember the Millennium dome anyone?

Impressive structure, but what was inside was, let's be honest crap!! If you did go in, do you remember there was a massive table football game! about 15 metres long and a bit wider than usual.

Must have been enough places for at least 50 people, you got to have a go when someone decided they'd had enough.Me and my lad managed to get a couple of places about 4 metres from one end,.Had to wait a while until the ball came near us.......then whack! just did what comes natural and smacked it thinking it would go a few inches and hit one of the many plastic defenders.BUT!...The ball found a path through the lot of them.....and crashed into the goal with a massive bang!

You don't know how hard it was, to look as if I actully meant that.Fifty people including a VERY impressed son, just waiting for me to laugh or show signs of surprise, whilst I just stood there just very gently nodding :smile_anim: ....because I'd actually seen the gap, and the goalkeeper just slightly to one side :rolleyes: .

Also back in the world of flesh and blood football, I once took a shot from a bit of an angle, just went the wrong side of the post and through a very tiny hole in the net, and settled in the goal.The goalkeeper saw what had happened, the defenders saw what had happened, most of my team mates saw it....infact the only people not to see were the linesman (one of our subs :rolleyes: )....and the ref!!.........SEE NOT ALL REFS ARE ARES HOLES!

Widening this out a bit to other sporting achievment...

I played table tennis at a pretty high level as a kid and into my twenties, won a fair amount of stuff but the most satisfying was at the National student championships in about 1980.

Was at North East London College in Tottenham and the favourite was a local lad who the whole college had turned out to cheer to inevitable victory. He was a very flash and impressive looking attacking player and my game was always based on control....basically making the other guy miss rather than smashing it past him. Played him in the quarter final and completely demolished him, don't remember the score but it was brutal and the crowd getting slowly quieter before descending into silence was very satisfying :) .

Sadly I lost the semi but won 3rd/4th so got the bronze. Bronze in the doubles also. Happy days.