IGNORED

Referee Test

Jesus H...I thought "that was p*ss"...I also got 3...

As said, annoying that it doesn't tell you which ones were wrong? I'm guessing that's so people don't keep retrying and getting the answers right, it could mess up the survey results. Be interesting to see the results when they come out.

It'll prove that refs do have a hard time, irrelevant of the wrong calls they make. We act like armchair refs, when in fact we don't even know the rules ourselves :(

5 for me! Kapow! tongue.png

Tbh it doesnt exactly prove that much. The reason fans get pissed off with ref's is because they didnt make the bleeding obvious & important decision & not because they didnt realise that the team with 9 men are allowed to nominate 2 substitutes to take a penalty ohmy.png

It tests you as much about being a referee as the theory test teaches you about driving.

Edited by Bailey

....not because they didnt realise that the team with 9 men are allowed to nominate 2 substitutes to take a penalty ohmy.png

Is that right?

Seems a bit generous to me....I went with the team with eleven dropping two (though the assistants taking them would be more funtongue.png ).

Tbh it doesnt exactly prove that much. The reason fans get pissed off with ref's is because they didnt make the bleeding obvious & important decision & not because they didnt realise that the team with 9 men are allowed to nominate 2 substitutes to take a penalty ohmy.png

It tests you as much about being a referee as the theory test teaches you about driving.

5 for me too, anyone ever been a ref at a game? I did once and had to send my friend and two opposition players off for a brawl in the goal mouth after a goal was scored. Until you referee a game, and it does not matter how far up or down the leagues you do it, you will never know how hard it really is..........

5 for me too, anyone ever been a ref at a game? I did once and had to send my friend and two opposition players off for a brawl in the goal mouth after a goal was scored. Until you referee a game, and it does not matter how far up or down the leagues you do it, you will never know how hard it really is..........

My dad was a ref for a while (colour blind so he had to guess that bit of the testtongue.png ). He sent me off oncesad.png .

I even went for an eye test today of all things, for the benefit of this thread.

Such a relief when told, 'no glasses (maybe) needed for another ten years'

No disrespect to anyone with glasses but you understand the perspective.

Got an all clear on the eyes, but have been having some minor complaints recently, hence the visit.

Just a passing thing, it must surely occur often with people who sit in front of screens for 12 hours a day or even more.

Is that right?

Seems a bit generous to me....I went with the team with eleven dropping two (though the assistants taking them would be more funtongue.png ).

No I was trying to make a joke thinking that people would know that the team with 11 men nominate 2 people not to take one... Although now you all have me wondering if Iv got that one right!

Just googled it and I was right! Phew...

For what its worth (as i read through the fifa penalty manual!) the ref chooses which end and only the players & officials are allowed on the pitch.

So that's two of the three I got right (ref choosing end & two nominated by team with XI).

Pretty sure match abandoned when a team is down to seven is right also....at least I thought I knew that oneunsure.png .

CHEAT !!!!! shaking fist.pnglaugh.png

So that's two of the three I got right (ref choosing end & two nominated by team with XI).

Pretty sure match abandoned when a team is down to seven is right also....at least I thought I knew that oneunsure.png .

Yeh that is what I put as well... Along with the two officials signals that Im pretty sure I got right (sub & offside anywhere?)... Im pretty sure I got the initial offside q right as well?

I reckon the actual quiz must be wrong! Shows how much these damn refs know! :)

I'm not going to re-do the original one, but here is some more to indulge in -

#1 During a league game, the crossbar is cracked and could be dangerous. Do you -

A - Play on without a crossbar

B - Improvise with a Rope

C - Abandon the game

#2 You see a defender intentionally trip an opponent in the penalty area and award a penalty. However, a neutral linesman says the opponent fell over the defenders leg. Do you -

A - Insist on a penalty

B - Restart with a drop ball

C - Caution the linesman

#3 You are cautioning the goalkeeper for time wasting when he deliberately pushes an opponent with the ball. Do you -

A - Issue a second caution to the goalkeeper

B - Order him off

C - Award a penalty instead of an indirect free-kick

#4 With one minute left to play in the 1st half a player wants to re-join his team after receiving treatment for an injury. Do you -

A - Call him on

B - Wait for a normal stoppage

C - Complete the 1st half without him

#5 During goalmouth play an attacker and an opposing defender fall into the net just before the ball is kicked into goal. Do you -

A - Award a goal

B - Award a free kick for offside

C - Award a goal kick

#6 At a junior match, all pitch lines are clearly marked by V - shaped grooves, about four inches deep. Do you -

A - Have the grooves filled in

B - Refuse to play

C - Play after warning players of the danger