IGNORED

Liverpool

Romey 1878

What a strange Derby, why didnt Everton turn up??? Too many players injured or out of sorts or both

Positives?? were doing really well to be competeing with the RS for fourth after a net spend of 10 Mil this season, if we get going again this could still be a record points total in the prem for us. Chin up

We need to put the wheels back on the bus soon, with Derby just being relegated makes them dangerous, all the pressure is off them

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carl... Agree with most of it, not necessarily the rotation bit but deffo most others, specially size of squad and players having to play through injuries aka Pienaar, Arteta, Osman, Johnson, Cahill etc, all getting rushed back to play when they had'nt fully recovered.

I said it in January that it would cost us points by not getting in a couple of players, and it has proved a valid assumtion, we have too many players having to play through injuries and if the present form continues, the season is going to blow up in our faces.

Vdm, Graveson and Gardner are obsolete, god knows what was behind those signings cos they cant even make the bench.

Carl... Agree with most of it, not necessarily the rotation bit but deffo most others, specially size of squad and players having to play through injuries aka Pienaar, Arteta, Osman, Johnson Cahill etc, all getting rushed back to play when they had'nt fully recovererd.

I said it in January that it would cost us points by not getting in a couple of players, and it has proved a valid assumtion, we have too many players having to play through injuries and if the present form continues, the season is going to blow up in our faces.

Vdm, Graveson and Gardner are obsolete, god knows what was behind those signings cos they cant even make the bench.

yeah, I don't even know why he puts Gravesen on the bench, how much worse than yesterday can we play and he still didn't come on? at least put Rodwell on for the experience. We just need to secure 5th now, otherwise it'll be a massively disappointing end to the season. We need AJ back and quick!

Carsley was abysmal in terms of his defending and his passing is a huge liability. Like I said before, I don't understand how people can keep defending him.

Totally agree. He's been a good servant to the club but the fact is he was only ever an average player who did a decent job, and now he doesn't even do that enough to warrant being a guaranteed starter.

Guest once-a-blue!
Totally agree. He's been a good servant to the club but the fact is he was only ever an average player who did a decent job, and now he doesn't even do that enough to warrant being a guaranteed starter.

Suggest you have a word with Licker. He reckons Carsley is eqal in terms of effectiveness to Mascherano.

Suggest you have a word with Licker. He reckons Carsley is eqal in terms of effectiveness to Mascherano.

This is what i said.. "Carsley does just as good a job, i know its your opinion and your entitled to it, but in my eyes he's not that great a player".

And as far as i'm concerned he does just as good for us as your fella does for you, Early on in the season he was at the top of the MOTM voting because of his good performances. Admittedly has gone downhill since Christmas and his legs are going, not surprising at his age cos he's hardly missed a match for two years, the bad games have come since Neville switched to midfield with him, leave Carsley to do the job and he'll be OK.

Did you notice he subbed Neville and left Carsley on against the Reds. Moyes wont Drop him till he gets a better replacement.

Guest once-a-blue!
This is what i said.. "Carsley does just as good a job, i know its your opinion and your entitled to it, but in my eyes he's not that great a player".

And as far as i'm concerned he does just as good for us as your fella does for you, Early on in the season he was at the top of the MOTM voting because of his good performances. Admittedly has gone downhill since Christmas and his legs are going, not surprising at his age cos he's hardly missed a match for two years, the bad games have come since Neville switched to midfield with him, leave Carsley to do the job and he'll be OK.

Did you notice he subbed Neville and left Carsley on against the Reds. Moyes wont Drop him till he gets a better replacement.

As you say it is all down to opinions and if it wasn't for Mascherano's performances against Inter Milan I think Liverpool could be out of the CL.

I agree again with all of that, I think Carsley in a 451 (without Neville) is just as effective for us as Mascherano is for the reds, but his legs are ageing. To be honest, Liverpool didn't create much at all through the middle in the derby - apart from the goal which was a blunder by Yak, all their attacks came down our right side (Hibbert) I don't see exactly what Carsley could do about that. I think Carsley had a decent game, people talk about his passing, I hardly noticed him messing up passes as he hardly had possession of the ball, all we did was hoof from the back all day. Osman, Lescott etc hardly found a blue shirt all day, Carsley had a far more effective game than most of our players and did his job well, going forward Gerrard was fairly quiet apart from hitting the post from 25 yards. He has his limitations but I have a lot of respect for Carsley.