• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2-2

----------------Howard-----------------

Nev-----Yobo-----------Jags----Lescott

----------------Carsley------------------

Arteta---Fernandes---Pienaar---Baines

-----------------Yakubu-------------------

I think having Baines + Lescott down the leftside would really help so id go with that team personally.

Edited by Blue4Ever

2-2

----------------Howard-----------------

Nev-----Yobo-----------Jags----Lescott

----------------Carsley------------------

Arteta---Fernandes---Pienaar---Baines

-----------------Yakubu-------------------

I think having Baines + Lescott down the leftside would really help so id go with that team personally.

Just one change to that team for me, Pienaar left wing and Osman inside, Baines has no chance unless we are short of players.

that explains why howard webb was left out of "grand slam sunday" descirbed as the best ref by fergie, we had him for the 1-2 vs man u at OT

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...rem/4145814.stm

expect that card average to go up.

how long to the RS wum's (wind up merchants) arrive?

where will we all be watching it?

and will louis use the excuse of the derby to sneak in to everton office's and find out some more about kirkby? (at ht of course)

Yea I'll hold off a prediction until we see who's playing, hopefully Lawrensen will go for Liverpool because he's got us wrong for the last five games straight :) .

Having said that like Pat said elsewhere you'd expect whatever XI we put out to play above themselves....the team that won 3-0 was Howard, Hibbert, Yobo, Lescott, Naysmith, Osman (Beattie 83), Neville, Carsley, Arteta (Nuno Valente 90), Cahill, Johnson.

On paper that team shouldn't have won.....and we should be a lot stronger this time.

I'd love a bit of controversy (our way naturally), an offside goal given or a cast iron pen for them refused....then Davey could just say calmly afterwards that these things tend to even themselves out over the season while Rafa spontaneously combusts. Maybe Lescott could haul down Carragher in the 93rd minute :angry: .

Where's the pressure with this one!

They were on a seven match unbeaten run untill they were cheated at Man Utd! :rolleyes:

We are off the back of two very poor performances!.....our small stretched squad will be hard pushed by their mega £million massive squad.

The pressure must be on them surely.....They have to get 4th place!.....we don't!

Will that pressure reflect on the pitch?

lets be honest,with the money we've spent, the size of our squad and the injuries we've had 5th place would represent a great season.....4th for them considering money spent is very poor!

Moyes will pick from the players available a team that will frustrate(I think)......Yak or maybe AJ will probably start as a lone striker!

The longer the game remains scoreless, the more chance we will have of snatching it!

Their defence is possibly their weak point, the trouble with only playing one up front will mean we won't put them under pressure..........a fully fit Yakubu and AJ could just give them a hard time!

No place for faint hearts Sunday.....there's a battle to win.....on form we probably shouldn't win it, bad refereing decisions, yellow and red cards flashed around will be the order of the day.

Gerrard will be the main man.........he pulls Torres's strings....lets hope he bottles it like last week.

result!.......1-0 to either side.

Just one change to that team for me, Pienaar left wing and Osman inside, Baines has no chance unless we are short of players.

ahhhh i forgot Ossie, how I done that I dont no. Yer Id agree with that Ossie inside with Manny, i want baines down the left tho :( ya cant drop Pienaar tho, if Steven isnt fit Id defo but Baines there tho.

Edited by Blue4Ever

2-0 Everton if AJ is fit! 1-0 Everton if not.

With AJ hounding that backline and Mascherano not in the middle to slow up Osman, I dare say I like our chances! I will say that the Liverpool backline makes a blunder (whether it's an own goal or pass back to the keeper) and AJ scores, then Yak at the end on the counter attack. Tim Howard steps up big in this one.

COYB! :D

As i live in Australia and have to wake up monday morning for this game(2am). If i see carsley, neville midfield in the starting line-up im goin back to sleep and assume we lost.

I know people have said this many times but neville only brings determination. Cant any1 else bring that n quality.

Howard

Neville Yobo Lescott Baines

Arteta Fernandes Carsley Pienaar

Osman

Yakubu

Id drop jags i think he wont live up to the physical play. Hes a smaller man and i think liverpool will gain an advantage. That showed against arsenal, the 2 goals eduardo scored was jagz fault. got outmuscled for 1 and couldnt deal with the header for the other. I know he been good but i would really see him stuggling in this game. As fot the line-up i hope moyes can be abit postivie because we do need the win. i think pretty sure manny wont start n he will put neville in mid with hibbo back. its not goin to be an easy game liverpool will dominate they are home. Nev/cars mid everton loose 3-1 Manny/cars 2-2 .

I must admit that Neville and Carsley are not the most inspiring midfield pairing, but you must remember that the last time we beat liverpool they where the heart of our midfield. If they do play together i wouldn't be so hasty in retreating back to bed....

That's true but they're not a few years older and slower. And they're just not as good as they once were for us.

Yeah I understand that they ain't the most spritley of players anymore, its just that we always seem to get annoyed with the Neville/ Carsley pairing but some of our best results in past years have been with those two, Liverpool, Spurs (away) City (away). All very good results with those two in the centre, the main problem is that we often get a poor performance and a good result, rather than playing well and getting a good result, which can happen when we start trying to play good football. The arsenal game this year for example, good team performance but awful result.

ANyway, im rambeling now. Having said all this im not trying to say we should pair them together, just saying that it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Yeah I understand that they ain't the most spritley of players anymore, its just that we always seem to get annoyed with the Neville/ Carsley pairing but some of our best results in past years have been with those two, Liverpool, Spurs (away) City (away). All very good results with those two in the centre, the main problem is that we often get a poor performance and a good result, rather than playing well and getting a good result, which can happen when we start trying to play good football. The arsenal game this year for example, good team performance but awful result.

ANyway, im rambeling now. Having said all this im not trying to say we should pair them together, just saying that it wouldn't be the end of the world.

It fucking would!! Please, I cannot watch another 90 minutes of Neville centermidfield <_<

The thing is that it's likely we'll play 451 in the derby so we have to create for the Yak and with those two playing together it drastically cuts down the amount of creativity, we pretty much play with four CB's when they play together. We'll be trying to stifle the shite with those two together but what do we do if we go one behind? It'll be unlikely that we'll come back because there will be very little creativity, unless you count punts up the field to no one but Carragher and Skrtel.

As i live in Australia and have to wake up monday morning for this game(2am). If i see carsley, neville midfield in the starting line-up im goin back to sleep and assume we lost.

I know people have said this many times but neville only brings determination. Cant any1 else bring that n quality.

Howard

Neville Yobo Lescott Baines

Arteta Fernandes Carsley Pienaar

Osman

Yakubu

Id drop jags i think he wont live up to the physical play. Hes a smaller man and i think liverpool will gain an advantage. That showed against arsenal, the 2 goals eduardo scored was jagz fault. got outmuscled for 1 and couldnt deal with the header for the other. I know he been good but i would really see him stuggling in this game. As fot the line-up i hope moyes can be abit postivie because we do need the win. i think pretty sure manny wont start n he will put neville in mid with hibbo back. its not goin to be an easy game liverpool will dominate they are home. Nev/cars mid everton loose 3-1 Manny/cars 2-2 .

I wouldnt drop jags for this one no way! This is the kind of game he loves, there will be loads of tackles in this one and i can guarentee you jags will be right in the thick of it. I know he didnt have the best of games versus west ham but he has to play in this one! He has to roughen torres up, let torres know he's about with some crunching tackles and mark him out of the game! Come on the blues!

If we won the game im sure you wouldn't give a fuck.

Again im going to point out that i don't like neville in midfield but we have picked up decent results with him in that postion.

we wont win if Neville and Carsley are in midfield, end of story. who the hell are we going to score? imagine how many killer passes will go though to the yak! he will have a field day and score a hatrick <_< ok we have in the past but against liverpool they will both shit themselves if they get the ball, we need 2 players in there who have a bit of composure ( Manny + Osman ) we can use carsley as the 3rd man in the middle as this is all he's good at, once he passes the halfway line, headless chicken mode comes into play.

I have not said that we should play those two in midfield. I have not said that we will win if those two play in midfield. I was simply pointing out that last time we beat liverpool that was our pairing, and also that some of our best results this season have been with that pairing.

For arguments sake this is the line up i would choose, and im assuming that AJ and Cahill will be out.

Howard

Neville Yobo Jags Lescott

Arteta Manny Carsley Osman Pienaar

Yakubu

http://www.sportingo.com/Football/a7853_By...-team-Liverpool

This is what I hate about Liverpool fans. They're having a bad season after being promised a title challenge and what do they fall back on? Sniping at a club who is competing with them after spending a fraction of what they've spent. They aimed for a league challenge and now they're squabling for FOURTH place with us, and we didn't even aim for that at the start of the season. Everton don't mean anything to Liverpool fans? Biggest load of bollocks. And they say we're bitter.

Howard

Neville Yobo Jags Lescott

Arteta Manny Carsley Osman Pienaar

Yakubu

^^^ that’s the one^^^, first derby for me on Sunday and it’s very much looking like I’ll be in amongst the RS. From what I’ve heard though as far as top flight games go there isn’t there a bit less segregation at the derby? Or is that just a myth and I’ll be having to keep my head down for 90 minutes? Either way gonna be class. Yakubu 90th minute 1-0.

Biggest load of bollocks. And they say we're bitter.

Nice comment on there...

If (last August) you'd have told a Liverpool fan that they'd go into the Anfield derby next March two points ahead of Everton they'd have laughed in your face.

Completely true and no matter what they say they know they've had a poor season, we've had a good one, and they can't stand it.

^^^ that’s the one^^^, first derby for me on Sunday and it’s very much looking like I’ll be in amongst the RS. From what I’ve heard though as far as top flight games go there isn’t there a bit less segregation at the derby? Or is that just a myth and I’ll be having to keep my head down for 90 minutes? Either way gonna be class. Yakubu 90th minute 1-0.

hey, I hope you get your wish!!!

my first derby was the 1-0 victory at home in '04/'05, carsley scoring the winner then, so hope you get something similar!

(having said that I was fortunate to have been living in the UK during that season - managed to get to 30-odd games and see us grab 4th spot!!!)

I know it didn't work that well earlier in the season, but I'd really like Moyes to try moving jagielka back to right-back -- that will enable him to accomodate baines at left-back. jagielka was still finding his feet in those early games, so maybe he'll be better there now that he is more settled.

..................howard.......................

jagielka.....yobo.....lescott.....baines

...................carsley.......................

arteta.....osman.....fernandes.....pienaar

....................yakubu........................

damn, I would like to see that as a starting line-up!!!

Edited by Raccyboy