IGNORED

Liverpool

Romey 1878

^^^ Thats no title winning team

Well, it's missing 2 of our best players, but I agree that it's not title winning (league title that is, I think we all know it's been more than capable of winning and competing in the top european competition over the last 4 seasons), but we do have some brilliant players in the squad and a summer transfer window coming up. We'll rid ourselves of some players that don't deserve their place and bring in some more players that do.

Reina

Carra

Agger

Skrtel

Gerrard

Alonso

Mascherano

Babel

Torres

Those are all players I'd have done anything to have in my squad (Gerrard/Carra already there) when Rafa arrived. We need a couple of full backs and a winger of real quality, but we've not got that far to travel.

i look forward to the derby...

So am I, this year more than ever. We've got a far better team than you, we're at home and we've just come off the back of an embarrassing defeat.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carrigher is past his best!......luckypool fans on some forums want him out!

Skrtel?......What has he done so far?....given away some sloppy goals...average at best!

Mascherano!.....good but can't handle the pressure.....watch opponents play on that now!

Babel!.......has shown promise.......so have hundreds of other prem players...but they didn't cost as much!

Reina.......just loved that overhead throw to AJ last season :lol: .....more please!...poor on crosses!

Agger!.....Showed promise!.....his foot injury is like Cahills....might never mend!....even if it does he's not as good as Lescott!

Alonso, was excellent, but seems in a rut!

Gerrard.....Captain fantastic......best player on his day in the prem......boy do you need him!

Torres....£27million worth of talent....kind of the Americans to buy him for you!...how do you repay their kindness..........erm oh yes!.....death threats.....boy does Torres need Gerrard.

So you could win Sunday!......you should win Sunday(with that huge, expensive squad, home advantage.......and your usual amount of luck).......you have to win Sunday!

Guess Gerrard will be reading the rule book tonight!....so he can tell the ref what to do tomorrow.

COYB! So hope we win this. I remember when we won 3-0 i had a field day with the reds but you know they had excuses like " HIBBERT HAND BALLED IT WIDE! " I just said to them... " ANDY JOHNSON!!!! " O i loved that game. Come on yak were counting on you to repeat Johnson's 2 against them last season or Johnson just pretend your heads the ball like last time maybe Reina will get confused again :P:D

No Andrew Johnson or Victor Anichebe!!......one fit forward at the club!

All rests on Yakubus shoulders......mind you have you seen the size of those shoulders?

Pienaar,Ossie and Arteta need work so hard now to lay that ball just where the Yak wants it!

There will be two men on the Yak.......Pienaar and Ossie need to move either side of him when they can....Arteta needs to work on those dead balls!

Could see Lescott move up front if needed......Carrigher.......KEEP YOUR FUCKING HANDS TO YOURSELF!!!!

jesus those bunch of chokers, if u cant get up for the derby, then why? soo much i wanna write,. but being a bit drunk i may regret. 2nd half good, 1st awful. fernandes i hionestly thought he wud save us today, he's nearly back to his best.

wtf was neville getting a strop up about? Yak has returned to his lazy moaning self. true today was bad but god sake man.

role on next year. COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

Well if i had predicted a lose a perfect way to sum it up would be 'hate to say I told you so' but I was stupid enough to predict a win.

Ref's cost us the game yet again but saying that every website I went on didn't say that Yakubu was fouled. We didnt do enough to get even a draw though so I honeslty think we have just said goodbye to 4th spot but tbh I knew we wer'nt going to get it in the first place because were not good enoguh.

Theres a big gulf between 5th and 4th... The team in 4th have a matchwinner the team in 5th havn't. Just hope we come back next year more prepeared to take 4th spot from these twats. Shows that we need to buy big in the summer otherwise prepear for another defeat from this 2 man team.

Edited by Josh Berno

The only 2 players I can say played good were Fernandes + Arteta. The only 2 players in are team with a bit of composure!

the only good point to come out of this game is Neville is suspended for a game.

:(

That would be good but I'm not sure he is! Don't think yellows matter at this stage in the season but could be wrong.

No complaints to be honest about the ref, we were beaten by the better team on the day. Unfortunate that we didn't have any attacking alternatives but guess you gotta expect that with a small squad.

Gotta keep going for 5th now starting next week!

dreadful first half, non-event second half...

commentator was crapping on about how much better we were in the 2nd half and that the shite must have been a bit nervous that we might score, but can only imagine he was saying that to keep the neutrals watching. we could have played until midnight we wouldn't have scored.

the shite did what we do so well, got themselves in front and made sure it stayed that way - we were always gonna have more possession in the second half, pity didn't have a clue what to do with it. skrtel looked very strong.

moaning about the ref is embarrassing, only complaint would be in the yellow cards given against us but not them, but no match-affecting decisions.

the gulf between the two sides was as big as it's been the past few seasons.

I think we'll take 8 points out of remaining 18, gets us to 65, should be enough for 5th.

Well how pathetic was that? We have a team of bottlers. I'm very fucking angry right now.

Howard - Made a cracking save from Gerrard. Not much else to say.

Hibbert - I actually hate this boy. Do fuck off. Not good enough for this league by a long way.

Yobo - My MOTM. Played very well.

Jagielka - Had a few dodgy moments and should have got to the ball before Kuyt.

Lescott - Utter shite. Every time he got the ball he gave it away.

Arteta - Shite. Not a player for the big games, goes missing. Probably the biggest bottler today. Stop taking set pieces, please.

Carsley - It's time for this clown to stop getting near our first 11.

Neville - Same goes for him.

Osman - No composure whatsoever. May as well have just passed to a Liverpool player rather than him today tbh.

Pienaar - Never got into the game at all.

Yakubu - No support but he was shite when he did have the ball.

Manny - Showed some good touches again. Start him against Derby please.

An all round bad team performance today. Liverpool should have humiliated us scorewise today. They were good but we made them look better than they actually were. 4th is probably gone now, Pompey are our competitors.

Arteta - Shite. Not a player for the big games, goes missing. Probably the biggest bottler today. Stop taking set pieces, please.

think this is a bit strong, but do agree he's not the world-class player he has sometimes looked like being.

agree 100% that his set-pieces are fcking useless. every game the commentators go on about about dangerous he is at set-pieces, but most of the time they don't beat the first defender or go way too long. also, how many times has he scored from a free-kick near the 18-yard box????? and it's been like this all fckin season long...

I am hoping this time will be the charm for Moyes.

We basically have 6 defenders out there with Carsley and Neville in the middle. Arteta and Pienaar will pass before shooting. That leaves us with Yakubu and Leon Osman (who can't score unless it's an uncontested shot).

I understand we didn't have other options, but how about playing Fernandes instead of a defensive midfielder? At least it makes the line up look like we want to score.

---------------Howard--------------------

Neville---Yobo-------Jags-------Lescott

---------------Carsley-------------------

Arteta---Fernandes--Osman---Pienaar

---------------Yakubu--------------------

It is all in the past now though. I don't understand how some of you can defend Carsley much longer, he offers nothing going forward, always going backward with his passes (and the few that go forward are sloppy), and his defending is very overrated. I was shocked that Neville was taken off as oppose to Hibbert or Carsley (although Neville didn't show up today either).

Didn't see the game!.......but once again the old squads looking a tad on the under strength side!

Would have loved today to have started with a fully fit Baines in what should be HIS position next season, Vaughan either in the team or the squad, the same with AJ!

Cahill would be a must in a 4-5-1........and Fernandes sounds like he still needs a couple of games to get back to his best.

Add to that Arteta probably has a problem only an opp will sort out.....BUT!

You can only put out th squad you have at that moment!....and we were found wanting!

Sure without Gerrard luckypool would struggle......but hey! he was there and did his job.

Smash Derby next week......make 5th ours, and dream of a fully fit squad next season!!

Didn't see the game!.......but once again the old squads looking a tad on the under strength side!

Would have loved today to have started with a fully fit Baines in what should be HIS position next season, Vaughan either in the team or the squad, the same with AJ!

Cahill would be a must in a 4-5-1........and Fernandes sounds like he still needs a couple of games to get back to his best.

I thought he was today, never lost the ball once, every pass went to a blue shirt and he started off pretty much everything we done second half. hope he starts nxt week.

Edited by Blue4Ever

We were always going to be under the cosh with players missing and 1-0 was not bad on the day. I was wholly pissed off with Andy Gray "I don't know what sort of manager David is but he needs to have a go at them at half time". Ok Yak particularly and a few others might have needed a kick up the proverbial but we were severely lacking in options with all the injuries. At least Jamie Redknapp was the voice of reason and gave reasoned opinion on our performance. I'm going to be happy with a UEFA place again as I think we would be a laughing stock in the CL assuming there is not money to strengthen the squad. Let's get behind the team for the rest of the season to make a Uefa place again.

We were always going to be under the cosh with players missing and 1-0 was not bad on the day. I was wholly pissed off with Andy Gray "I don't know what sort of manager David is but he needs to have a go at them at half time". Ok Yak particularly and a few others might have needed a kick up the proverbial but we were severely lacking in options with all the injuries. At least Jamie Redknapp was the voice of reason and gave reasoned opinion on our performance. I'm going to be happy with a UEFA place again as I think we would be a laughing stock in the CL assuming there is not money to strengthen the squad. Let's get behind the team for the rest of the season to make a Uefa place again.

Good comment Gwlad. We need to cement 5th place now. A good performance against a Derby side relegated is what we need. We have a good side when we have the best players available, but when we are short coz of injuries etc we are like a lot of teams...AV, Man City etc. Its when we have the best TEAM available that we can compete...Our squad is not strong enough to back up and compete with the top four.

Lets back the blues to a top five position. After all its only one place below the red shite who spent £21 million on one player than we spent on our recruitments and without him they could well be in 6,7,8th position etc.

Unlucky Blues but we learn every season and can be stronger and wiser with a bit more investment and experience in europe ready for all fronts next yr.

I WILL make Goodison as well next season! (Seen them three times away this yr before I get criticised!)

WCT

It's not the fact that we lost that pisses me off it's the performance, if you could call it that. There was just nothing there at all, you wouldn't have thought it was a derby that had a lot riding on it.

Hopefully the one positive that may come out of that game is that it should have showed Moyes that Hibbert, Neville and Carsley just aren't good enough for this team.

We must bounce back against Derby.

Sure we need to bounce back against Derby!........but were probably going to have to do it with..

.........Hibbert.......Neville........and Carsley!!

Have you not seen the size of our squad?

We lost the derby because.....they had Gerrard and perhaps Torres..and we didn't.

They got an early goal....we didn't, we've got a threadbare squad....they haven't.

We can lose away to a bottom three Fulham........sure we can lose to 4th place teams!

The reasons for losing both of those can, should and will be blamed on the european bubble bursting.......lack of squad players, injuries ect, ect....

I know they can't be replaced right now and we'll have to put up with them til the summer, hopefully our season won't be ruined by having to rely on these sort of players who just aren't good enough. At least two new midfielders are needed in the summer to replace Carsley and Neville, I could cope with Neville being right back til January or even next summer at a push though.

It's annoying me that our season could be dying a very slow death due to our lack of forward thinking in the January transfer window.

Get rid of those three and replace like for like.......the squad stays the same size!

Try and find better players for those positions and maybe keep Hibbert, Carsley and Neville as squad players......they have all at times this season turned in the odd good performance and in Carsleys case a good few times.

Some would say he shouldn't have let McFadden go and not replace him!.....But wasn't AJ and Vaughan fit at that stage?

It's all a gamble, but if we get 5th and have the money to buy really good players, most will say it was worth it.We didn't go out of europe because of a small squad, and we didn't lose to Chelsea because of it.......but we probably have lost 4th because of it.I think 4th would have led us to over spend in the summer, so I'd take 5th and Moyes one year wiser.

PS....Seems you were right and I was wrong about Gravo!!.........I thought it was worth a gamble, but it seems that gamble DIDN'T work!

I think we might finally be starting to see the old Manny back, which would make a huge difference to our midfield. If we can play a four across the middle of Arteta, Manny, Cars, and Pienaar I think we'll be much stronger. If AJ gets fit again I think we should look to go 4-4-2 for the rest of the season as we don't really have anyone else who can fill the Cahill role.

Have to say though I was very disappointed with Lescott going forward yesterday. It didn't seem he could get a cross in at all, and if he's going to play at LB then he'll certainly need to improve in that department.

Edited by chicagoblue

Yesterday didn't surprise me one bit, without Cahill our 451 is impotent, as good a little player Osman is he doesn't have the aerial ability or timing in the box that Cahill does, plus Cahill puts himself about a bit more - I knew we'd miss him and it has proved to be so in the last few games. To be honest, I think our performances in the last 3 games are due to 5 things -

the aforementioned Cahill factor

the lack of rotation in the group games in Europe - I always argued that Moyes should have rested a lot more players in the group stages, apart from against Zenit. Some people believe players don't need to be rotated, I am not one of them. Benitez takes it to the extreme and has not got it right at all in the league, resting players too often too early, but no one can argue with how much fresher Liverpool looked yesterday and it's no coincidence that Liverpool are once again in the Quarter finals of the CL and have made 2 finals in 3 years, it's because the players are so fit having not played too many games.

Moyes not going for it more against Fiorentina in normal time - if we had've gone out in normal time or in particular had we gone for it and won (by bringing on more subs earlier) then I don't think we'd see the hangover that is affecting the players, since losing on penalties they have begun to feel sorry for themselves, begun to feel those tired legs. When we lost the first leg so badly I expected a reaction and we got it against Sunderland, losing on penalties was so demoralising, yes it may have been glorius failure, but all it's meant is players heads have gone done, they have begun to self pity and the fight has disappeared.

Injuries - AJ, Vaughan etc etc who we really need now.

Size of squad - Let McFadden go, looked good business at the time but now looks a mistake - too many injuries. not enough cover. Bad luck but all the same, we need to get in more quality players.

Back to yesterday, Yobo was brilliant, Jags not bad and defensively don't think Lescott or Carsley did much wrong. Service to Yak was goal kick hoof after goal kick hoof, just abysmal old Everton long ball stuff, 5 men in midfield with 3 good passers and all we did was hoof hoof hoof. Neville diabolical, Arteta gets worse every game and Pienaar virtually anonymous (he hasn't been great since his return from AN). Hibbert constantly out of position, Osman game but nothing came off for him and Lescott seemed intent on passing straight to Liverpool. Fernandez has looked a bit more like it last couple of games, but lets not get carried away and spouting about him - you have to recognise by the time he came on yesterday Liverpool had totally taken the foot off and were sitting back, allowing him to pass the ball around nicely, if he had've been on the pitch in the first half then I don't think he would have been anything like as assured or impressive. Poor performance, but unfortunately totally expected - we're limping to the finish line and need a couple of wins to cement 5th. We need to beat Derby.

Well done Yobo, you're the best defender we have, possibly the best player imo.