IGNORED

Luckypool

How fuckin lucky can you get!!!!!!!!!!!

No fuckin way was that a penalty and the fuckin size of Babel throwin himself is a disgrace and why does it have to happen staright after Arsenal Scored.

The most annoying thing is Liverpool will say they deserved to win!!!

Business as usual......still they won me some money!......Just as they will against Chelsea, who they will beat after having one of Chelseas central defenders sent off or carried off, and getting a dubious penalty!........

Rooney will shatter them in the final......though my money will be on luckypool!.....because, well they are very......LUCKY!

Yep. It's all down to luck. 3 semi finals in 4 season, that's a hell of a lot of luck. Two finals in 3 seasons so far, that's a hell of a lot of luck. Results against Inter (champions elect), Juve (champions elect), Chelsea (cham...) x 2 Barcelona (reigning champs) , Arsenal, AC Milan (when they were at their peak) and a host of other teams, that's a hell of a lot of luck.

I guess I'd prefer to be lucky than unlucky though.

Guest Reg Reagan

i hate the arses but i hate the RS more.

and the arses deserved to go through especially on away goals.

it was a clear cut penalty inthe first leg and that was never a penalty for babel.

I have blue blood in my viens and i'm Efc through and through but i have to give credit where its due, Reds deserved to win.

They might not always look good for the prem title, but you have to agree that when it comes to Champs league they are a different team, they seem to have an affinity with the competition.

Swallow your pride and stop searching for excuses to pull them down, I know it means we will get a lot of shit from them but i hope they go and win it again.

It sets the target much higher, so we have to keep trying that much harder to match them every season, but that can only be good for us.

..lets say they didnt get that penalty last night they still would have went through, babel scored after the pen.

Stretching it a bit to suggest that Arsenal would have committed everyone bar Fabregas forward had the score still been 2-2 isn't it?

They were lucky with the penalty decisions over the two legs, no question. Saying that doesn't make me bitter, even Charlie agrees.

They do seem to have another gear for the Champions League though like Bill says. Must be hugely frustrating for the fans that they can't play to that level week in/week out.

Bit like a Grand Prix driver cruising round off the pace in fourth place who suddenly sets a lap record with two to go, you wonder why, if he had it in the tank, he wasn't doing it for the first sixty laps :huh: .

Anyway I'm mostly pissed off because the wife's an Arsenal fan and was on the verge of throwing things :unsure: .

They do seem to have another gear for the Champions League though like Bill says. Must be hugely frustrating for the fans that they can't play to that level week in/week out.

Bit like a Grand Prix driver cruising round off the pace in fourth place who suddenly sets a lap record with two to go, you wonder why, if he had it in the tank, he wasn't doing it for the first sixty laps :huh: .

Our squad is used more in the league and its not good enough. Guys like Nani and one of Carrick/Hargreaves are the 2nd team players for United. Cheslea have good quality on the bench in Anelka and others. We only have a good first team which can fight the others while our squad isnt good enough to be a force over 38 games.

United almost have the perfect team, you know. Very few, to no holes in the side. Bah.

there's no doubt that the RS track record the past 4 seasons is phenomenal, but as xavier says you need some luck to win trophies -- and really liverpool do seem to get some kind of break on so many ocassions, and we hardly seem to get those sorts of breaks; just look at the Goodison derby to sum up the fortunes of the two sides this season in one game!

looking at arsenal, I actually like wenger but what kind of fcking moron can continue to not give walcott a place in the current arsenal starting line-up?!?!?

anyway two potentially great semi's to look forward to , c'mon barca and chelsea!

btw I was at stamford bridge last night, what a boring game and hardly a great atmosphere in the part I was sitting - think when you've been spoilt financially and in terms of the success on the pitch, it perhaps becomes a bit boring -- give me a battling everton at Goodison any day!!!!!

there's no doubt that the RS track record the past 4 seasons is phenomenal, but as xavier says you need some luck to win trophies -- and really liverpool do seem to get some kind of break on so many ocassions, and we hardly seem to get those sorts of breaks; just look at the Goodison derby to sum up the fortunes of the two sides this season in one game!

looking at arsenal, I actually like wenger but what kind of fcking moron can continue to not give walcott a place in the current arsenal starting line-up?!?!?

anyway two potentially great semi's to look forward to , c'mon barca and chelsea!

btw I was at stamford bridge last night, what a boring game and hardly a great atmosphere in the part I was sitting - think when you've been spoilt financially and in terms of the success on the pitch, it perhaps becomes a bit boring -- give me a battling everton at Goodison any day!!!!!

mate i have known people who have gone to stamford bridge and they say its much quieter then the theatre.

as for beneath'us he is not a genius. and anFAILED isnt that magical either.

Guest once-a-blue!
Business as usual......still they won me some money!......Just as they will against Chelsea, who they will beat after having one of Chelseas central defenders sent off or carried off, and getting a dubious penalty!........

Rooney will shatter them in the final......though my money will be on luckypool!.....because, well they are very......LUCKY!

Lads - been away for a few days - what is all this crap about luck? Sammy's fantastic header, Nando's work of genius, Stevie's brilliantly taken penalty and Ryan's superb finish were not all down to just luck. As for the penalties if Kuyt's foul had been given how would Liverpool have responded - they responded very impressively when they went one down! We will never know but you can never assume that Arsenal would have simply won 2-1 at the Emirates.

Good to read some positive remarks from Licker and Everton Lad instead of the typical bitter nonsense.

Once-a-blue!.......wake up mate if you think it's just Everton fans who are calling you lucky these days :lol:

You do have some excellent players that only huge money could buy....and then pay their wages and ie Torres and Gerrard.Those players can always win a game even without luck!

That aside I even know some reds who admit that over the last few years in cup competitions..

........you have been very lucky!!

Teams will always(or nearly) need luck to win cups.....ie cup draws, home or away...opponents sent off/carried off!......luck with penalties.....balls that never crossed the line(1966!)....goalkeepers being allowed to be 1 metre off their goal lines in penalty shootouts :rolleyes: ..........etc,etc....!

Just one of those things.........you've won (or so you all KEEP telling us) the european cup 5 times YAWN!.....But the year you won it and couldn't even finish in the top 4 of the league, was the year that made people realise it's just another cup!

Man utd have won the F A Cup 11 times!......they don't keep walking around saying we've won

it 11 times.....and sew little pictures of the cup on any thing that doesn't move :huh:

Wining the league does have to have a tiny element of luck, but more like money these days is the main factor............now you've spent more than anyone just about.....if only you could get that Arab money!!

Everton!!!!!!!!.....not a lot money!........certainly not a lot of LUCK!........and were a massive couple of points behind you.

Kinda makes you wonder......just where you'd be without all that money.......and that tiny bit of luck!!......Midtable maybe?

OH well good luck to you mate seriously hope you get 4th place.........Everton couldn't cope with it, and you need it.

There's a lot worse things you could be called other than lucky!..........I bloody well wish people would start calling Everton lucky!

OH and that "walking through a storm thing" you all sing.......you should be ashamed!!....let the likes of Derby County, Man City and any other team....who have in fact walked through many storms in the last 30 years have that song, and still turn up in their thousands...

When "the storm"finally comes to luckypool you'll need a stadium half as big as the one those wonderfull Americans are going to build you.

Good luck to you mate!.......

Maybe you should realise that the FA Cup isnt anywhere as big as the European Cup. the CL is Europe's premier competition where the big teams play each other. No wonder we brag about our laurels there, wouldnt you? If you had won the thing that is.

We've gone from a team who hoped to play in the CL for the additional revenue and to keep our in team players happy a few years back to one hoping to win it every year. Benitez's transformed our team with respect to Europe and he's an absolute genius when it comes to that tournament.

I dont think that he's worse in the league, simply because our squads were never as good as Chelsea or Man United or Arsenal. Even then we finished above Arsenal for the last 2 seasons. Arsenal have overachieved this season while we underachieved. Still the gap between us is only 5 points. For all the 'beautiful football' they play, they've only scored 6 more goals than us. Spurs have scored 2 goals lesser than them. And United have actually scored more. Beautiful triangles in the middle of the pitch get you nowhere. You need guts and determination and the will to fight it out when the going gets tough. They took the lead thrice over the two legs in the CL and we came back every single time. But ofcourse, you'd just put that down as lucky, wont you.

About the money that we spent, our net spend in the season wasnt too more than what it usually is. And not a single penny has come out of Gillet and Hicks' pocket. (someone here keeps bleating about how they bought us Torres). Its come out of the 46 million pounds which was lined up to be spent on transfers and is a direct loan on the Kop Co.

Man United won the title last season and spent fuckloads on Nani, Anderson and Hargreaves. Hargreaves, who plays more right back than defensive midfield. Chelsea bought a 15 million pounds striker in January so that they needed a good player to come play off the bench. We had to sell to buy, FFS. Momo out and Skrtel in.

We've had so many problems behind the scenes this season. Moores and Parry's completely inept decision to believe the PR of Gillet and Hicks and sell, put us in this situation. Surely, thats not having luck? Hicks, although promising money for transfer funds delayed (cos he was fucking broke and needed the loan from the bank) when we had decided a fee for Florent Malouda from Lyon made us lose a player. Parry's stellar work meant that we lost Owen and almost lost Gerrard, twice. Even today, we've been showed to have a problem by the english media with Hicks going to Klinsman to confirm Rafa's targets. What a twit. We've been shambles behind the scenes and dirty linen have been washed in public, something which should never happen.

Does the normal liverpool fan, deserve this? For arguments sake you could say a yes, for those who wanted a sugar daddy at the helm to help us reach the top. But us having 2 idiots who sold our precious club to 2 wankers after having searched for a buyer for FIVE years is just unlucky for a fan's perspective and bad business for an entrepreneur. I dont even see and end to this situation, soon.

Inspite of all this Benitez has managed to keep us with a respectable position in the league and still in with a shout in Europe after having been almost kicked out in the group stages itself.

Credit to the big man.

Oh and anyone see the United - Arsenal game today? Are we going to see a 'United: lucky twats' thread with respect to them as well? Or will it be Arsenal's missed chances cost them (just as it did against Luckypool)?

Edited by xavier

OK!..............You've won it five times!

It's still just a cup, big thing with handles......even Wimbledon won a cup once!

Behind the scenes you've probably got what you deserve!!............Do the American owners daughters in law and family deserve death threats?

They have given Rafa (who a few months back 70% of luckypool fans hated) enough money

(who cares where it comes from....Man Utd are in the same boat)....to buy Torrres, Bable and

that caveman in midfield.....how many million was that!

They will build you a stadium, but they decided to be more realistic with their plans....more death threats!!

They approached Klinsman when it looked like Fat Raffa (who most of you hated before his little cup run) was about to walk......more death threats.

Your old boy Lawrenson has said....that as long as the players are going to get paid they wont give a toss about behind the scenes!!.............most of them don't give a shit about luckypool it's getting £120,000 a week that Torres is worried about.If Man Utd offered £150,000 a week he would be off like a shot.....so would Gerrard as he wanted to go to Chelsea, until the mob turned up :o

Look!............Your team are 4th! after that spending it's at least where you should be!You HAVE had more than a tad of luck.....it's not just the blues who are saying it!....live with it.

I just Wish we were called lucky!

Luckypool will win me some money against Chelsea.......and my money will be on them in the final.....so may I wish you good LUCK :rolleyes:

OK!..............You've won it five times!

It's still just a cup, big thing with handles......even Wimbledon won a cup once!

Just like how the Mona Lisa's just another painting.

Behind the scenes you've probably got what you deserve!!............Do the American owners daughters in law and family deserve death threats?
Nope.

But you should also realise that they're playing with the club who has a major middle class support who spend a lot of their money on supporting their beloved club, sometimes leaving essential necessities behind. These are the supporters that deserve better. Wouldnt want death on anyone, but Hicks would be quite high on my list if i did.

They have given Rafa (who a few months back 70% of luckypool fans hated) enough money

(who cares where it comes from....Man Utd are in the same boat)....to buy Torrres, Bable and

that caveman in midfield.....how many million was that!

They will build you a stadium, but they decided to be more realistic with their plans....more death threats!!

Read my last post about the money not being their own but a loan which they want to force on the club. They havent spent a single paisa off their pockets.

They approached Klinsman when it looked like Fat Raffa (who most of you hated before his little cup run) was about to walk......more death threats.
Lol. Benitez was the one who got the most support from our side.

Remember the march to show our support for him. Remember us singing his names even when we werent doing well?

Of course you'd find some people who wanted him out. But you had some who wanted Moyes out as well, when you werent doing well.

Your old boy Lawrenson has said....that as long as the players are going to get paid they wont give a toss about behind the scenes!!.............most of them don't give a shit about luckypool it's getting £120,000 a week that Torres is worried about.If Man Utd offered £150,000 a week he would be off like a shot.....so would Gerrard as he wanted to go to Chelsea, until the mob turned up :o

Masch saying it time and time again that he wouldnt play in England if we didnt sign him, out of respect means that he gives a shit.

Torres, rejecting Man United and Arsenal and taking a pay cut to come here from his boyhood club clearly means he gives shit.

Look!............Your team are 4th! after that spending it's at least where you should be!You HAVE had more than a tad of luck.....it's not just the blues who are saying it!....live with it.

I just Wish we were called lucky!

Luckypool will win me some money against Chelsea.......and my money will be on them in the final.....so may I wish you good LUCK :rolleyes:

We have had some good luck in some games. We've had bad luck with some others.

I'm not disputing the fact that we've had luck.. i'm disputing the fact that luck isnt the only thing that has won us games and trophies. Do you want me to spell that out again?

Thanks for the luck mate, i'd rather be with it than without. ;)

As someone said... We congratulate you for the moral victory, now you can congratulate us for the real one.

Edited by xavier

Don't believe your big starts when they say they wouldn't play for another prem team!!......................It's all lies mate!!

If you don't win the european cup, and get off to a rocky start next year in the prem 2/3 will be calling for Raffa's head.....FACT!

Of course some Blues wanted Moyes out a while back.....some still probably do :huh:

You all wanted the Americans when you thought they could buy you the prem!....now you all want to kill them.........middle class support?.....Get a grip man! That's a reason for death threats to the family of your owners!!!!!!!

What does it matter where the money came from!....without it Torres and the caveman wouldn't be there!!.........you'd be in 7th place, so the Yanks did ok then?

The bad luck you've had!!!!!!!!!! <_< can't really place it!

I could fill three pages with your good luck!!...................BUT I'm not going to bore everyone to death with it!.....but how can the caveman grab a borough players face in front of the ref and not get sent off?....unlike the borrough player who did?

The Bolton goalkeeper throwing the ball in his own net?............the first goal against Newcastle!

was there ever a luckier goal?........penalties when they shouldn't be given.....and not given when they should be!!.......AND THAT'S JUST IN THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS!!

I'm sorry I said I wouldn't do that!!!!!!

You win......your not just lucky!............you've got some great players.....Torres and Gerrard, who the hell wouldn't want them in their team!......I'd even take Crouch, don't think many on here would agree with me though!

Yeah, i'd rather listen to you than the players. Point noted.

Where does it matter where the money came from? Isnt that your whole argument that the Yanks bought us Torres and Mascherano based on? Anyways, if they never bought us Torres and Masch. Reduced the size of the new ('world class') stadium, which they had promised before they bought us and made a model which looked like a red box and the money for it was intended to be a loan ON the club as opposed to Kop Funding Ltd. Spread lies. Spoke to another manager while we already had one. Tried to sack the manager while now showing 'support' for him just till they get their man in instead of Parry who'll make sure that all loan comes on the club after which they sell and make a healthy profit while the club struggles to get back to its feet and satisfy its loyal fans. Oh yeah, i can see why we still want Hicks up here.

If you don't win the european cup, and get off to a rocky start next year in the prem 2/3 will be calling for Raffa's head.....FACT!

I love it how you try to push off your baseless OPINION as fact. Love it.

You want bad luck?

The ball deflecting of Fillipo Inzhaghi's knee for their first goal in last year's CL final.

Styles giving Chelsea a penalty at Anfield when even a blind man could see that if wasnt.

We had our soft share of penalty decisions go against us easly season ourselves, 2 for hand balls which hit Arbeloa and Carragher on the shoulder, another penalty incident which was never one and a 50-50 decision.

Mascherano getting sent off at Old Trafford just so that the FA could make an example out of him. Funny how players still shout at referees' faces now and never get booked for it. Jason Roberts went to the referee to get Skrtel booked today no less than 3 times. No yellow card.

And you're again missing my point that every team has its share of good and bad luck against it, but luck isnt the only reason they win trophies. Of course, that doesnt support your argument so you shall convieniently choose to miss it and bleat your own agenda.

I'm done here, made my point.

Edited by xavier

It's still just a cup

You are, by far, the worst poster I've ever seen on any website since I started using the internet. I've no problem with Everton, or the fans of the football club but you do a massive discredit to Everton.

A proud football club who has fans that know about the game, you're not one of them. Just a cup? It's the biggest prize in club football. 70% of fans? we rallied in our thousands to back him...

You're a sorry excuse for an Evertonian.

(I know the mod won't post this, in an Orwellian place like this, I'd not expect it to be allowed - but I'm writing it anyway)

You are, by far, the worst poster I've ever seen on any website since I started using the internet. I've no problem with Everton, or the fans of the football club but you do a massive discredit to Everton.

A proud football club who has fans that know about the game, you're not one of them. Just a cup? It's the biggest prize in club football. 70% of fans? we rallied in our thousands to back him...

(I know the mod won't post this, in an Orwellian place like this, I'd not expect it to be allowed - but I'm writing it anyway)

You dont seem to have a very high opinion of us Charlie, we encourage a difference of views as long as it does'nt turn into an abusive and personal slanging match.

PS... my thoughts about the game on sunday, Gerrard should have been booked for the 1st dive over the Keeper, the second one was a bit iffy and might have been given if he hadnt dived for the first one. The one on Torres should have been given, luck sometimes evens itself out. So you were Lucky that you didnt need any of those decisions in that game. :D

Guest once-a-blue!

Xavier and Charlie ton - what an effort (especially Xavier) - Blue 250 is just one very bitter, jealous and extremely envious so-called Evertonian. Not long ago Blue 250 even tried to convince me that the Moyes way of building slowly but surely was the most effective way of creating a successful team with a positive team spirit and a "happy" club! Ffs now that Everton have been on a poor run several Evertonians are questioning the ability of Hibbert,Carsley,Johnson and Neville. Personally I think Blue 250 posts his bitter crap which is not representative of a lot of Blues to get reaction. All the garbage about money and luck is just pathetic. Successful businesses make money and become more successful and you know when a machine gets a bit rusty they don't just go out and buy a cheap replacement,they buy the best that they can afford! Badly managed businesses however do the opposite! And bitter individuals just look for very poor excuses to criticise success!

No need for that.

This is a forum for "Thinking Evertonians" and 250 fits both criteria. We're quite happy for people who only fit one half of the qualifications to post, and the "thinking" is probably more important than the "Evertonian" part.

250 is idiosyncratic in his opinions and often has his tongue firmly in his cheek, I suspect he's getting exactly the sort of response he was looking for from our red contingent...but less of the personal abuse please :) .

You dont seem to have a very high opinion of us Charlie

Despite my posts being non insulting, despite me being complementary to all but the most idiotic of poster and despite my positing once in a blue moon, I still have to have all my posts moderated - lack of free speech doesn't endear me to the cause, no ;)

I don't have any problem with you Licker, I think you're a fine guy. Just have a bit of a problem not having some completely reasonable posts not showing up.