IGNORED

Getting Gera

Latest news from our side is Benfica have offerd him a contract.

Apparently the teams who have offerd him a contract are : Benfica, Villa, Everton, Bolton, Boro, Wigan.

----------

I also see you have been linked with Wayne Henensey & Ebanks Blake from our local rivals.

Blake reminds me of a poor mans Kevin Cambell but with pace. He's a good Championship player but not ready for the Prem.

Hennesey is a outstanding keeper and the second best keeper in the Championship & would walk into most Prem teams. Great shotstopper but abit dodgy coming of his line.

Ah well, if we get him then he'll make a good squad player and if not, we can do better anyway.

Don't want Ebanks-Blake and I would hope Moyes won't waste money on a keeper when we don't need one and he needs to spend most of his budget on midfielders.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill be very pleased if this goes through, but it would be very un-everton like to do this, we are not known for our fast and efficient buisness manner in the transfer market.... however moyes did say last week that he wanted to move quickly to get some bosman's he wanted.... hmmmmm.... im just not sure, is this a brave new world or just a false dawn?

Zolly has confirmed Benfica have offerd him a contract along with a couple of Prem teams.

He's family is settled in England/Midlands so he will stay in England. If Villa come in for him which is reported i think he will join them instead of you lot due to family reasons.

Breaking news in our local paper :

Reports that Everton were a medical away from siging him were rubbished by his agent Sam Stapleton on Saturday and sources at Goodison have since confirmed that manager David Moyes had subsequently dropped his interest in the player.

------------

Erm...Does this mean he will stay *please stay Zolly*

I still think he will end up at you or Villa.

sources at Goodison have since confirmed that manager David Moyes had subsequently dropped his interest in the player.

So how shall we translate that?

A: He thinks he can bring in a better player at the same position (Arshavin?)

B: He thinks he can bring in an equally good player at the same position for a lower salary

C: He had to go back and completely revamp his "midfield reinforcement" plan now that Carsley's gone, and Gera no longer fits in the revised scheme

D: Gera was making unreasonable wage and/or playing time demands, or made it clear that he'd prefer to sign elsewhere

F: The board are still being a bunch of Scrooges, despite the public comments of support

Let's hope the correct letter grade is closer to "A" than "F"!

Edited by JD in DC

i never understand why someone would sign for celtic when decent clubs are in for him.

the scottish prem is a joke of a league.

Winning titles, Europe every year, one of the most successful and best known british clubs of all time, nice place to live.

Edited by carlmc25

Hiya. :)

Been quite about Gera this week. He captained Hungary last night who beat Greece 3-2. According to his agent we will all know when he comes back. Iv'e heard he has one more international game which is in midweek then he will come back to England to discuss his future.

According to someone on our forum he will be a Everton player sometime tomorrow. Dont know if it's true or anything but the same bloke did say the same on May 18th. :P

Plus the latest i heard was he's still on Interntional duty.

Edited by Baggies

worthless, pointless, meaningless, and bullshit

in what sense? Celtic are a great club with a great history - including a European cup win, as Everton fans we would obviously rather play for Everton, but why would Zoltan Gera? Looking from his point of view Celtic would be attractive, Everton aren't going to be in the Champions league, he most likely won't be first choice with us, we probably won't pay the same wages, we don't have the history they have. Instead of demeaning a great club why don't you just take a look at the bigger picture from an unbiased point of view.

edit: all we really have going for us is we play in a better league, the bottom line is if he joins us he's a: unlikely to play much and b: unlikely to win much.

Edited by carlmc25

To be honest i'm with Mike on this. The scotish league is really uncompetetive. Sure you get into the champions league but you have no chance of winning it, or with celtic even a chance of winning away from home.

With everton or aston villa sure you take a step down to be entering the uefa cup but would you prefer a chance of winning the uefa cup (which i personally think that both teams have the potential to do if the buy wisely in the summer) or just playing in the CL where you have no real chance of an impact?