IGNORED

Getting Gera

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still in his prime...experienced...has played well in the premiership before...a good team guy by all accounts...a midfielder (which we badly need)...available on a free...sounds like a good depth signing as far as I'm concerned! Let's be honest, he's no threat to unseat a fit Arteta in the starting XI, but when Arteta's not fit, would you rather have Gera filling in at right midfield, or Neville? He's also a six-footer (6'0 or 6'1 depending on which profile you look at), which would bring the total number of six-foot midfielders on our roster to...one!

Hiya.

WBA fan here in peace.

Looks like this rumour is true as it's coming from both sides. Im bloody gutted! He's the best player i have ever seen at WBA in my 16 years.

He's bloody fantastic and would walk into most Premiership teams. He's both footed..Great skill..Pace..Tricks..Eye for the goal...never gives up.

You are getting a fantastic player especially for free.

I really hope he thinks this through. As your normal right midfielder is Arteta right ? Gera would not get ahead of Arteta & he would want to be playing week it week out.

I for one will be giving him a standing ovation next Season! What a legend.

He's great in the air aswell for a little man.

Good luck next season lads from a gutted WBA fan! :(

Edited by Baggies

I think this is a very clever piece of business. I've thought well of Gera for years, and if we do get him on a free, as it appears we will, I'm delighted. He has a touch of class, he'd be a squad player obviously at first, but able to fight for a place in the first team. I think he could play on either side, and given the need for rotation, injuries, suspensions etc, he gives us options in wide areas.

For those who are worried cos he's a free, I don't for a moment think we're limited to free transfers. I think we will spend quite well this summer on the right people, but we need to flesh the squad out a bit, and not just with limited, average players. We need quality, and depth in quality.

Ideal piece of business. Talented player, Hungarian captain, good professional by all acounts. Great start to our summer business, if it goes through smoothly.

Guys!

I am the first Hungarian here at ToffeeTalk but not the last for sure :) You don't even know what player you'll get :P Gera is the player who will celebrate his last minute over head kick winner goal at Anfield with a summersalt :P

Here's a little bit of him:

ewVXt87lQp8

Cheers,

Peter

Birmingham Mail deny it:

Thought I'd clear up some of the reports claiming Zoltan Gera is about to sign for Everton.

That's simply not the case. Yes, there is an interest in Gera, but, as of last night, there hadn't even been any talks between the Hungarian and the Toffees. David Moyes likes him and his name has been mentioned as a target. But that's as far as it's gone.

Everton are merely one of several clubs interested in him. Wigan and Bolton are keen, with Middlesbrough also sniffing (Boro incidentally were the last side to actually test Albion's resolve, back in January last year).

Speaking to people close to Zoltan I detect that he has not yet decided on his future - and yes Albion is still an option - although he does want it to be resolved sooner, rather than later. So do Albion.

Applying common sense you would have to assume Gera will leave Albion. He's 29 and the next contract will be the most important of his career. Despite Albion's best intentions and Tony Mowbray's desire to keep him, it's likely that Gera will go to the club who offer him the best package and this is where Albion will probably miss out. They will simply be priced out of the market.

But, to reiterate the original point - Gera hasn't signed for anyone just yet.

http://blogs.birminghammail.net/westbromwi...hris_lepkowski/

Thats right mate. He will be flying back over to England on Sunday night and having his medical in the morning then going back to Hungary. He will get a standing ovation next Season! :)

How do you know the medical will be happening Monday if you don't mind me asking? I mean, neither club or his agent have confirmed anything as far as I'm aware.

Will do mate. I'm Woody BTW. :P

It's complicated TBH. Some people say he is having his medical Monday..Some people say he's on Holiday with his family in Hungary...Some people say he's future will not be sorted out till early June.

I'll keep you Evertonians in touch anyway. :)

It's complicated TBH. Some people say he is having his medical Monday..Some people say he's on Holiday with his family in Hungary...Some people say he's future will not be sorted out till early June.

If its done the Everton way it will be the middle of August, we dont work very well with transfers. :D

But cheers anyway Woody.

Mate, you should have said sooner!

As Licker said, we're shite with transfers so I'd expect it to rumble on to the last day of the transfer window. We make the easiest transfers into merry go rounds. He'll probably sign for Wigan next week :lol:

Latest news from our side is Benfica have offerd him a contract.

Apparently the teams who have offerd him a contract are : Benfica, Villa, Everton, Bolton, Boro, Wigan.

----------

I also see you have been linked with Wayne Henensey & Ebanks Blake from our local rivals.

Blake reminds me of a poor mans Kevin Cambell but with pace. He's a good Championship player but not ready for the Prem.

Hennesey is a outstanding keeper and the second best keeper in the Championship & would walk into most Prem teams. Great shotstopper but abit dodgy coming of his line.

Edited by Baggies