IGNORED

Getting Gera

To be honest i'm with Mike on this. The scotish league is really uncompetetive. Sure you get into the champions league but you have no chance of winning it, or with celtic even a chance of winning away from home.

With everton or aston villa sure you take a step down to be entering the uefa cup but would you prefer a chance of winning the uefa cup (which i personally think that both teams have the potential to do if the buy wisely in the summer) or just playing in the CL where you have no real chance of an impact?

Rangers got further in the UEFA cup than we did. Some players want to win some medals - something to show for their career, especially when they have been around a bit, rather than fight for 5th spot. I'd pick Everton ahead of any other team every day of the week, but that doesn't mean a foreign player with no allegiance to the club would.

Edited by carlmc25

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rangers won what, 3 games? got battered in almost all of them and just defended and defended. they go further than us pretty much by fluke. if they had to play the likes of fiorentina again I'd bet my house that they'd get battered.

ofcourse they've got good history, they were decent clubs once. we have our history too, but at the end of the day, you look at the rangers and celtic lineups and think, who? shit teams in an even shitter league. they would be relegation battlers in the prem.

rangers won what, 3 games? got battered in almost all of them and just defended and defended. they go further than us pretty much by fluke. if they had to play the likes of fiorentina again I'd bet my house that they'd get battered.

ofcourse they've got good history, they were decent clubs once. we have our history too, but at the end of the day, you look at the rangers and celtic lineups and think, who? shit teams in an even shitter league. they would be relegation battlers in the prem.

Well all of that is just based solely on your opinion and nothing remotely concrete, the bottom line is we played precisely two decent teams in the UEFA cup and got beat by the only one who had 11 men for most of the match. Rangers made the final, whether it was lucky or not is open to debate - we were lucky to get past Metallist in the first round. Also, and I love Everton, we have nothing like the history of Celtic domestically and they've won a European Cup so let's not kid ourselves.

The Scottish league is undoubtedly inferior to the English league, but Celtic are still a great club who win things and they can only beat what is put in front of them. I think Jamie made the point about competitiveness - it's definitely true that only one of two clubs can possibly win the Scottish league, but it's not a great deal different in England either. I think we all knew at the beginning of the season United or Chelsea would definitely win it, even when Arsenal were top we knew Utd or Chelsea would win it. It's been between Utd and one other for about the last 15 years. If you look at the points return for games played then you can see there isn't much in it with regards superiority in the respective divisions:

Utd: 38 games 87 points

Celtic: 38 games 89 points

Anyway, who cares - I couldn't give a rat's ass if we signed Gera or not, I just don't see the need to disrespect a great club.

its definitely not the same with the sky 4 and celtic and rangers, they're on a different level. of course they have great domestic success the leagues a waste of time.

rangers played a few games and were inferior in all of them.

as i said, they were good clubs ONCE. scotland is just as bad as the romanian league or something, they're not good enough in main european competition, and this years 'success' isn't proof otherwise, they did fuck all but get lucky.

Celtic and Rangers are up against teams equivalent to Coca Cola/Conference league sides on a weekly basis though, that's the difference. Can kind of understand players going for a few end of career medals like Davy Weir ("Harry Kewell's representative has refused to comment on claims that the Liverpool winger is set to sign for Celtic." (Press Association, 1308 BST)) but any sportsman worth his salt should surely want to compete with the best, and at the highest level he can. With all due respect to the Old Firm, Scotland is nowhere.

Yeah but just cos they won the FA cup this year, that hardly means that they're gonna go on and win even more next season in fact its unlikely they'll win anything as normal. I agree though I'd be happy with us signing him but couldn't care that much either way. But please lets find out either way soon it's getting boring!!

Love the Everton summer fun eh??? :)

Alright lads.

He's turned down Pompey, Boro & you.

He will be joining FULHAM next week! Why Fulham!!!!!!!!!!!

I would undertstand if he joined you or Pompey because European football but Fulham? :|

We are better than them! He's after the money.

Iv'e lost respect for him.

Gera officially has no ambition.

Indeed.

The thing what gets to me is.

WBA are better than Fulham, Bigger team, Better ground, Better fanbase. They took 70 fans to Bristol Rovers FFS!

I would understand if he went to you or Pompey but Fulham? Oh dear.

Has he deffo gone to Fulham? I am not bothered, if he is after money i wouldnt want him to ruin the atmos

Not as far as I can see, just the latest hot rumour.

If true maybe he has a need to be big fish in a small pool, betraying feelings of inadequacy and probably a very small penis :D .