IGNORED

Jo

Guest efctaxi
As I said earlier, its far too soon to say how he will go on but we can hope.

If Jo does turn it on under Moyes then Citeh's Arab owners will ask why, Hughes will be out of the door and the Ginger one asked in........................Moyes has said he wants to stay in the NW, he can't go to the Shite or Utd (remember Rooney), Citeh have money to spend............................just a possibility but it could become far more likely if Jo does succeed......................worth thinking about

Off topic - but what makes you think Rooney would get in the way of Moyes managing United ?

I always felt he had a great relationship with Ferguson , and when the big guy leaves , I'm still pretty sure Ferguson would have a say in the club , and the next manager .

I still think Moyes has a great chance of being there one day .

He is 3rd favourite here : http://odds.sportsxtra.co.uk/football/engl...rmanent-manager

O'Neill, Martin 4 3.6/1

Mourinho, J 4 4

Moyes, D 14 12.5/1

Capello, F 14 25

Ancellotti, C 25

Queiroz, C 25 19

Hughes, M 25 22

Lippi, M 25 54

Allardyce, S 28 149

Martinez, R 33

Pelligrini, M 33

Keane, R 33 16

Bruce, Steve 33 29

Ferguson, D 33 41

Strachan, G 33 41

Eriksson, SG 33 45

Hiddink, Guus 33 45

Hitzfeld, O 33 84

Rangnick, R 40

Cantona, E 50 89

Scolari, LF 50 109

Jol, Martin 50 129

Neville, G 50 139

Coyle, O 66

Cruyff, J 66

Deschamps, D 66

Klinsmann, J 66

Laudrup, M 66

Low, J 66

Rehhagel, O 66

Schuster, B 66

Van Basten, M 66

Coppell, S 66 69

Wenger, A 66 89

Curbishley, A 66 99

Van Gaal, L 66 159

Adriaanse, C 80

Ince, P 80 149

Smith, W 80 149

Burley, G 80 249

Houllier, G 80 299

Graham, G 100

Robins, M 100

McClair, B 100 43

Mcleish, A 100 89

McClaren, Steve 100 94

Robson, B 100 119

O'Leary, D 100 189

Ramos, J 100 249

Royle, J 100 329

Davies, B 39

Phelan, M 79

Arena, B 89

Solskjær, OG 89

Venables, T 149

Le Guen, P 249

Cuper, H 299

That shows just how highly Moyes is rated as a manager :D

Back on topic - I take it Jo won't be playing against City ?

Edited by efctaxi

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jo did pretty well against Bolton, the team were on a high and played some good football.We need to ask ourselves what a fit Yakubu or Vaughan could have done in similar circumstances.The Yak, like a lot of strikers (but it appears Yak more than most) obviously do well when the team are doing well and creating things.Put the Yak in a very poor team and he isn't probably going to perform .Maybe a fully fit Yak would have destroyed Bolton.....maybe not!

How many strikers does a team need ?

On our books!

Yakubu....injured long term.

Vaughan....injured long term.

Sahah.....injured (on loan).....injury prone...as is Vaughan.

Anichebe...injured/not in favor....unproved!

Jutkiewicz...uninjured...unproved.

JO.....on loan.

Unless Jo does really well (ie leads the line well and scores plenty of goals) would we want him over the Yak, after all the Yak in a team full of confidence could be unstopable.

Lets just hope this is a Moyes master stroke and Jo plays his heart out for him (Moyes) and the team and we finish the season on a high.

What happens after that we can't predict, can we.

Credit the whole team/squad for doing so well with our injury problems.....and Jo (cup tied) or not, if we beat Villa in the cup, there will be two teams in the next round draw no one will want Everton and Man utd.

Why get rid of anyone at all? We have a miniscule squad and a lot of our players have previous injuries and present ones, having extra bodies is a godsend just to keep you afloat, even if the players on the bench don't match up to the first squad.

Jo has a long half season ahead, but if we can get him, he looks like a talent and is only young so would be useful in the future. I can see him being very good with some experience.

To early to tell how Jo will get on in the up and coming games but the early signs are good and if he can reproduce performances like the one against Bolton then he will be a welcome addition but as some have already said team confidence and all round performance has a big part to play if we where playing as we where at the start of the season and took Jo back then would he have performed aswell i would very much doubt it and the same can be said of Yakubu he was playing when for a Everton side far below par in all departments, He is a quality player and has proven to be a big threat and one of the premierships most consistant forwards a 145 goals in 326 games for club and country shows he is no hit and miss player and one we should keep hold of.

In terms of players the only one i would like to see the back of is Anichebe as he simply is not good enough and if we can generate any money from his departure it could go towards keeping Jo if he proves to be a hit other then that we have a depleted enough squad as it.

Off topic - but what makes you think Rooney would get in the way of Moyes managing United ?

I always felt he had a great relationship with Ferguson , and when the big guy leaves , I'm still pretty sure Ferguson would have a say in the club , and the next manager .

I still think Moyes has a great chance of being there one day .

He is 3rd favourite here : http://odds.sportsxtra.co.uk/football/engl...rmanent-manager

O'Neill, Martin 4 3.6/1

Mourinho, J 4 4

Moyes, D 14 12.5/1

Capello, F 14 25

Ancellotti, C 25

efctaxi C22 100/8

That shows just how highly Moyes is rated as a manager :D

Back on topic - I take it Jo won't be playing against City ?

A certain court case, the fact that Rooney has made it clear he hates Moyes, he doesn't trust him one bit in which case he'd be saying goodbye to Utd, the Manc fans wouldn't want to lose Shrek now would they. I remain of the opinion that Citeh would chase Moyes especially if their failed player becomes a success

as said why get shut of any striker. in the space of 2 weeks we lost all 4 strikers to injury if anything i still think we could do with another ,whatever you say about yak he is still consistant over a season to get around 20 goals and 20 goals in the premier is worth a lot of money ,even in poor sides , i know he goes through spells were he does not score but then agian he has a patch were he knocks them in for fun he may come back from this injury with a hunger ,making up for lost time , when moysey has finished with jo he will score goals regular but i think if that happens it will be for city ,

Jo Loving Life At Everton

Brazilian striker Jo enjoyed a fantastic start to his loan spell at Everton on Saturday as he tripled his Premier League goal scoring tally on his Toffees debut.

The former Corinthians and CSKA Moscow striker scored just one league goal for Manchester City, but he found the back of the net twice for Everton against Bolton Wanderers in a 3-0 win. In addition, the Brazilian won the first penalty, which Mikel Arteta went on to score.

More..