IGNORED

Jo

Guest efctaxi
Ha ha there are numerous "urban myths" about that .. one of the popular ones is about the shirt borrowing ... But you will always find a blue telling you the Rags are not from Manchester. Old Trafford is not in Manchester - the suggestion is to call them Stretford United ha ha .. good place to have some banter is bluemoon ...

Just a pity there are so many kiddy comments on there when we visit . For every 1 sensible constructive comment , there are at least 3 by total prats . Already lost interest in their site after a few visits . <_<

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a pity there are so many kiddy comments on there when we visit . For every 1 sensible constructive comment , there are at least 3 by total prats . Already lost interest in their site after a few visits . <_<

Yes .. unfortunatly we have been inundated with WUM's, RAGS, and every other imaginable imbicile these past few weeks putting in their two penneth worth - normally a load of dross - but get through that and it's decent stuff. They are getting filtered out !!

I know its only his first game and i may be jumping the gun, but if he continues to do well I hope there is some deal at the end of it. It will be gutting having to give him back at the end of the season. If we havent got an agreement to buy (which it seems from all reports is the case) we dont stand a chance of keeping him. Some other club will prob snap him up - can't see him wanting to return to city unless hughes goes.

He was brilliant Steve, absolutely brilliant. If that's what he's going to give week in week out I'll happily eat my words about him.

Quite possibly, the most positive post you have ever made. ;)

43207.jpg

No one has criticised him for wearing (black gloves? not in photo) and a body warmer yet!

Guest Reg Reagan

well i didnt bet on him to be the first scorer and other then that all i can say he is impressive. but i will have to see how he goes through to the end of the season.

I know its only his first game and i may be jumping the gun, but if he continues to do well I hope there is some deal at the end of it. It will be gutting having to give him back at the end of the season. If we havent got an agreement to buy (which it seems from all reports is the case) we dont stand a chance of keeping him. Some other club will prob snap him up - can't see him wanting to return to city unless hughes goes.

there might be an option to buy

http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,1952...4891550,00.html

moyesy seams to think so anyway :)

The 3-0 win over Bolton saw Jô become the first Blues player to score two goals on their début since Tony Cottee in 1988.Not only that, but his last-minute penalty meant Everton fans witnessed two different players score from the spot in open play in the same game for the first time in the Club's history.Jô is the fourth striker in four years to score on his senior Everton début, following James Vaughan, Andrew Johnson and Yakubu.

Smashed a few records for us against Bolton.

Full Story

Lets not get too carried away with this lad although first signs are very good. He went through a torrid time at Citeh, I'm sure that Sparky could see he was under performing. Moyes has a talent for bring people like this through, look at Mikel, Timmy, Jags and Lescott. No prem club was prepared to take a chance with them yet each could walk into most Prem side now.

I hope that Jô does succeed as it will be a blessing in the long term. The lad himself has said all the right things following his début, if he falls in love with GP and us lot he will want to stay. I cannot believe that there is not deal in place for a season end transfer, whats the point of signing him, we are not a kindergarten for a team many places below us in the league

What does concern me is the fact that if Jô suddenly starts cracking goals in all over the place who will the Arabs look to as a successor to Hughes in the summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B) <_<

Edited by Jimmy the blue

Lets not get too carried away with this lad although first signs are very good. He went through a torrid time at Citeh, I'm sure that Sparky could see he was under performing. Moyes has a talent for bring people like this through, look at Mikel, Timmy, Jags and Lescott. No prem club was prepared to take a chance with them yet each could walk into most Prem side now.

I hope that Jô does succeed as it will be a blessing in the long term. The lad himself has said all the right things following his début, if he falls in love with GP and us lot he will want to stay. I cannot believe that there is not deal in place for a season end transfer, whats the point of signing him, we are not a kindergarten for a team many places below us in the league

What does concern me is the fact that if Jô suddenly starts cracking goals in all over the place who will the Arabs look to as a successor to Hughes in the summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B) <_<

I agree with you completely Jimmy, but the problem is I can't see Man City letting him go for a decent price to us, I think we'd have to offload somebody like Yakubu in order to fund the move...

With the money that Manchester City paid for him I can't see him coming to us cheap. We need to start making plans on how to raise the money. If selling Yakubu is the option then so be it. Before he was injured he was just as shite and we were all calling for him to be dropped, Jô would be a good replacement and one who has already proved he can score goals. His performances for CSKA & his début shows how good he can be.

I hope Hughes does let him come as it would be the right thing to do, just with what they paid for him it could be easier said than done. It's not impossible though, if we want him enough and he wants to stay then Manchester might just have to sell.

With the money that Manchester City paid for him I can't see him coming to us cheap. We need to start making plans on how to raise the money. If selling Yakubu is the option then so be it. Before he was injured he was just as shite and we were all calling for him to be dropped, Jô would be a good replacement and one who has already proved he can score goals. His performances for CSKA & his début shows how good he can be.

I hope Hughes does let him come as it would be the right thing to do, just with what they paid for him it could be easier said than done. It's not impossible though, if we want him enough and he wants to stay then Manchester might just have to sell.

Dark do you think there's any chance that Man City would do a swap deal with Jô for Yakubu?

Now that is an interesting question TC. It's a deal that I would be happy to do, Yakubu can go for me, he's not been performing well this season and we can see his lazyness coming through. He's done it other clubs such as Middlesbrough and Portsmouth and its starting to happen here, a swap would be a good thing.

Let's look at the Manchester City strike-force;

-Bojinov

-Robinhio

-Vassell

-Caiecido

-Evans

-Benjani

-Sturridge

-Bellamy

Thats the strikers that City currenly have in their first team. Bojinov, Robinhio and Bellamy are the only one's that I would call 'decent' Vassell has had his time and will probably retire where he is, Evans is still a young lad along with Sturridge. Caiecido I don't know enough about and Benjani isn't that good of a player. He's been over-looked at both Pompy & City now. He's not for the Premiership.]

From this, they have three good strikers, strikers that could probably fit into any team (especially Robinhio & Bellamy) so they would welcome another. One with experiance in the Premier League and one who on paper can score goals - Yakubu.

We all know what he's like, he's played for us. We know him inside and out. IMO he would be better off at City and would work well in a swap deal. With a little bit of persuasion I think City would actually accept. Hope it works out :)

Now that is an interesting question TC. It's a deal that I would be happy to do, Yakubu can go for me, he's not been performing well this season and we can see his lazyness coming through. He's done it other clubs such as Middlesbrough and Portsmouth and its starting to happen here, a swap would be a good thing.

Let's look at the Manchester City strike-force;

-Bojinov

-Robinhio

-Vassell

-Caiecido

-Evans

-Benjani

-Sturridge

-Bellamy

Thats the strikers that City currenly have in their first team. Bojinov, Robinhio and Bellamy are the only one's that I would call 'decent' Vassell has had his time and will probably retire where he is, Evans is still a young lad along with Sturridge. Caiecido I don't know enough about and Benjani isn't that good of a player. He's been over-looked at both Pompy & City now. He's not for the Premiership.]

From this, they have three good strikers, strikers that could probably fit into any team (especially Robinhio & Bellamy) so they would welcome another. One with experiance in the Premier League and one who on paper can score goals - Yakubu.

We all know what he's like, he's played for us. We know him inside and out. IMO he would be better off at City and would work well in a swap deal. With a little bit of persuasion I think City would actually accept. Hope it works out :)

Cheers for the insight :)

I agree with you that he would fit into a side like City, although with all these striking options I think he'd be reluctant to play for them. I'd imagine though they might offload some of these strikers i.e. Benjani at the end of the season, Yakubu might be a welcomed replacement, but he might not like it as his game time may be limited...

IMO when we were playing poor Yakubu was the worst player. I woulden't mind seeing the back of him and he does seem to be a lazy player. This season he hasn't delievered the goods at all, he has been paid to score and scoring he hasn't. This season is one to forget for him. Next season he can be at Manchester City.

Jo is better than him.

To pay for new signings of course SteveO! :)

efctaxi, I'm with you on that... but I've bit my tongue. It's too early to get carried away.

As I said earlier, its far too soon to say how he will go on but we can hope.

If Jo does turn it on under Moyes then Citeh's Arab owners will ask why, Hughes will be out of the door and the Ginger one asked in........................Moyes has said he wants to stay in the NW, he can't go to the Shite or Utd (remember Rooney), Citeh have money to spend............................just a possibility but it could become far more likely if Jo does succeed......................worth thinking about