IGNORED

Stephen Carrr

How can you say that? - Stephen Carr is proven at prem and international level - okay he's getting old and struggled with injuries of late but he'd be a good signing for a lot of prem teams. Hoefkens is a good player - however he's not a great defender - he's played well in the championship and is an excellent championship player, however he is unproven in the prem. West Brom will need to sign players like Carr, I put Carsley into this category (proven prem players- not going to set the world alight but do a job for the team) and think West Brom missed out on Cars. West Brom will have to sort their selves out defensively (in mid and def) if they're going to survive next season - they've got some good flair and attacking players, but defensively they are very poor.

He would'nt get into our team. He would'nt get ahead of Hoekens who's the best right back in the Champ & was our best player against Portsmouth. He'd be a good signing for Sjoke or Dull IMO.

Bradley Orr of Bristol City was the best right-back in Championship last season.

I just don't rate Carr at all. I think that age and injuries have caught up with him, most teams wanting to make any progress in the league will be able to do alot better than him. Carr will do well in the championship but is no longer a prem player.

As for having unproven players from the lower leagues i don't think any everton fan can say anything about this as we have a great reputation for taking "unproven" league players and making them great players.

I just don't rate Carr at all. I think that age and injuries have caught up with him, most teams wanting to make any progress in the league will be able to do alot better than him. Carr will do well in the championship but is no longer a prem player.

As for having unproven players from the lower leagues i don't think any everton fan can say anything about this as we have a great reputation for taking "unproven" league players and making them great players.

Each unproven player Everton sign from the championship is a gamble to some degree - ours have just paid off! Hoefkens is an unproven prem player - fact - until we've seen him play in the prem, we won't know if he's a decent prem player or not. However Carr will be playing in the prem next season and will prob do a solid job for someone.

Offer me Carr for free or Hoefkens for £1m - I'd take Carr any day - proven prem player who will come in and do a solid job.

Each to there own but I don't want an injury prone shite right back, he would be like a right footed pistone. No thanks. If he where anywhere near good then he would be maiking an impact in newcastle, who probably have one of the most laughable defences in the league if you consider there status and the amount of money that they spend. He aint good enough for them, he definately isn't good enough for us.

I've not said I'd like him here. I said he'd be a good signing for West Brom - which he most definately would be. Think he'll go to Villa anyway - he'll be a very steady Martin O'Neill signing - I presume managers like Moyes and O'Neill know what they're on about when they show an interest/ sign a player like this.

Edited by c1982

Each to there own but I don't want an injury prone shite right back, he would be like a right footed pistone. No thanks. If he where anywhere near good then he would be maiking an impact in newcastle, who probably have one of the most laughable defences in the league if you consider there status and the amount of money that they spend. He aint good enough for them, he definately isn't good enough for us.

very much agreed