IGNORED

Huddlestone

I am not questioning his ability to pass the ball, their is no doubt he is excellent at spraying the ball around. My concer is that we are looking for a def mid, which he is not. Show me evidence of him playing in that position running round in front of the back four breaking up play then i will change my opinion. However i think we need a DM before Huddlestone.

Makelele whilst not the fastest, has a great engine. From what I have seen of huddlestone he doesnt, he was 2 stone overweight at one stage of the season..

even if he was overweight at one point why does that matter...anyone who has watched him enough will probably agree he's the most natural passer of the ball since beckham, why would anyone say no at the right price?

Edited by Blue4Ever

As Johny mentioned above we have established that he is a good passer of the ball, I never questioned that. You have to ask yourself If you were a professional player would you let yourself get 2 stone overweight? and Rregardless of that I still dont think he is the type of midfielder that should be a priority for us, if the price is right he would make a good addition to our squad however, I see him more of a replacement for Manny than for Carsley, which still leaves us shy on DM.

...we should be bringing in someone like Cana not affraid to challenge and a great tackler.. but a bit reckless :axehead: but we need a bit of that back eh?? :P

I know exactly what you mean. I want someone that is going to shake things up when our backs are against the wall. I want someone that is going to send Gerrard 20 foot in the air!

I know exactly what you mean. I want someone that is going to shake things up when our backs are against the wall. I want someone that is going to send Gerrard 20 foot in the air!

Agreed thats the point i have been trying to get across in my posts about Huddlestone, good addition to the squad but not Carsley's replacement

• 2 weeks later...