IGNORED

Huddlestone

Sorry guys but i dont rate him, he's still overweight, he's too lazy, and he wouldnt get through half the work Carsley got through.

Cant see any truth in this cos he's not a Moyes type player, only good thing about him is that he can pass a ball, but i certainly wouldnt play him as a defensive midfielder.

Sorry guys but i dont rate him, he's still overweight, he's too lazy, and he wouldnt get through half the work Carsley got through.

Cant see any truth in this cos he's not a Moyes type player, only good thing about him is that he can pass a ball, but i certainly wouldnt play him as a defensive midfielder.

Yakubu wasn't a Moyes type player either Bill. I think Moyes' type player is evolving, hard work with little or no ability will only get you so far and Moyes used that to literally drag us up the table but now he's buying more based on ability. Huddlestone fits the bill.

haven't seen much of Huddlestone but he looked to have a decent shot on him and some ability, good stature which will help our team as well. Not sure if he has the workrate week in, week out but according to the Echo he has played at CB so I'm hoping he has the discipline to do the job Carsley did - but with a little more flair. My worry is, if he's good why would Spurs sell him fairly cheaply and more importantly to one of their main rivals?

Still, for the right price I'd take him and trust in Moyes.

I have no idea why Spurs would let him go either, I think he has a lot of potential.

Also I would say he was slightly lazy at the moment which is a hangover of the Jol style of management.

He is certainly not the finished article but with the right manager/staff behind him he will do well.

Ramos said all bar Keane, King, Woodgate and a few others were for sale this summer. He wants to put his stamp on the team and as mentioned Spurs have already bought 2 central midfielders.

Spurs are the same every year, want to splash £10m+ on all of their signings and are happy to recoup some by letting others go.

I'd have Huddlestone any day of the week. Big, powerful, good passer, composed, young, what more do you want? I've seen him several times and he always looked to have ability. The "overweight" criticism gets banded around based on his appearance more than his performances. He's a big guy, Rooney looks overweight...

£6m for him is a good fee. He's not a flair player so unlikely to command any higher. Would rather spend £6m on him and have him fill the gap left by Cars than spend £5m on Ramsey and have to break him in gently by using him as sub and for only half a season.

Saying that, I also think Hunt would do a job for us- I accept that this isn't a popular shout but that's my opinion.

£6m for him is a good fee. He's not a flair player so unlikely to command any higher. Would rather spend £6m on him and have him fill the gap left by Cars than spend £5m on Ramsey and have to break him in gently by using him as sub and for only half a season.

I actually think he does have flair - like many people have said, he's brilliant at picking a pass, and when he gets the opportunity to shoot, he strikes the ball probably better than Laurent Robert or Patrick Berger did in their prime (f*@king hard!). If Moyes could get him to put himself about a bit, with his size, composure on the ball and passing ability, he could be a fantastic holding midfielder. The fact he's only 21, English and can play centre back if neccessary is a big bonus too.

I see what you mean about him not being a flair player like Ramsey though, but they obviously play in different positions. I don't see it as having Huddlestone instead of Ramsey - why not have both?! If we got those two I'd be well happy!

I still can't really see spurs selling him though.

I would be delighted if we got him in, his passing is up there with the best.

Agreed he is a quality player but as Licker pointed out, he won't get through half the work Carsley did unless Moyes can remould him. I don't think it was down to his lack of talent that Spurs generally used him as a sub.

Would be a good signing as long as it's not in the Carsley role, would rather see a Scott Parker type player to fill that gap though not necessarily Parker).

Not saying we'll sign him but I think he defo will leave spurs. Had a bust up with Ramos when he first took over and they have signed 2 big money midfielders and still have jenas. Would love to see him sign tho

Guest blueboy122

I Would absolutley buzz if we got this lad. exactly what we would need.

yes yes get him signed moyes! please please please

I Would absolutley buzz if we got this lad. exactly what we would need.

yes yes get him signed moyes! please please please

Check your knickers lad! he aint that good. Would not sign him for 10 mill no way 6 million would be decent addition to the squad.

Guest blueboy122

agreed. i have checked my knickers thanks! and yes he is exactly what we need. name another ENGLISH YOUNG as good as him we could get cheaper in his position. i belive he is better than xabi alonso and he is going for 16 million and hes 26 and not even english! i definatley take huddleston and either 6 or 8 million. might pay 10 yes i wud be willing to spend 10. quality player if u no anythin about football. hes a superb catalyst, always wants the ball.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rm8gt_Y0vW0