IGNORED

Vladimir Stojkovic

It looks like Vlad is on his way to Goodison to replace Kepler as Tim's Deputy. The Serbian shot stopper currently at Sporting Lisbon has spoken to Moyesy direct according to reports, and after some paperwork wrangles (now there's a surprise) Vlad should be winging his way to the Blues. The deal will be a twelve month loan deal with the option to purchase Vlad if he comes up to scratch for around £2m. Apparently Vlad chose Everton as Dai Davies was one of his heroes.

Vlad's Agent Zoran says: "I can confirm that Everton have made a bid for Stojkovic. The offer is a season-long loan, with an option to purchase the player definitively at the end of this period. The transfer fee is likely to be between 2.5 an 3 million euros. At this moment we’re just waiting for the visa to be able to travel. Things should be sorted out shortly. ‘Stoi’ is really excited about the possibility of going to England. What Stojkovic wants is to play, and if he goes to Everton he will fight hard with Howard to earn a starting place."

Vlad says: "It was the Everton manager himself, David Moyes, who spoke to me."

This was from bluekipper but they havent had much success guessing who were going to sign so far.

A defensive midfielder should be our bloody priority, not a Goalkeeper :angry:

I think that a goalkeeper is a big priority we only av howard thats got real experience and if he gets injured all we av is rookies. But I do agree next signing shud be a defensive midfielder.

I think that a goalkeeper is a big priority we only av howard thats got real experience and if he gets injured all we av is rookies. But I do agree next signing shud be a defensive midfielder.

Im sorry, but if worst comes to worst in the goalkeeping department then Turner or Ruddy would make good back up. But if worst comes to worst in the defensive midfield department we have Neville (keep him away from midfield please) or Rodwell who's predominantly a CB. I know which is the worst situation IMO.

exactly mark and i did notice the everton website has 7 midfielders on the and three of them are- nevile(stay away for mid)

JP kissock(young)

& andy van (half assed mess)

so if my maths is correct it leaves us with a total of 4 seniour midfielders

pienarr

arteta

osman

cahill (who doesnt really do what he does best when is is played as a centre mid)

so yes we a near to being forced into the likes of rodwell playing and in a long hard season even worse at this rate.

Everton appear unlikely to follow up their interest in Sporting keeper Vladimir Stojkovic after his arrival in England last week.

The Serbia international was expected for a trial spell on Merseyside but stayed barely more than an hour and looks to have scuppered any hopes of a move to David Moyes's side as cover for Tim Howard.

Everton are somewhat baffled by his disappearing act on Wednesday after working hard to bring him over to the club.

"He was at the club on Wednesday but left after only one hour," director of communications Ian Ross told Jornal de Noticias.

"He did not justify anything to anybody.

"He is most probably not going to join us.

"We have been told that he is a complicated character but this surprised us."

"Off" and "fuck" spring to mind, though not neccessarily in that order <_< .

• 1 year later...

Everton appear unlikely to follow up their interest in Sporting keeper Vladimir Stojkovic after his arrival in England last week.

The Serbia international was expected for a trial spell on Merseyside but stayed barely more than an hour and looks to have scuppered any hopes of a move to David Moyes's side as cover for Tim Howard.

Everton are somewhat baffled by his disappearing act on Wednesday after working hard to bring him over to the club.

"He was at the club on Wednesday but left after only one hour," director of communications Ian Ross told Jornal de Noticias.

"He did not justify anything to anybody.

"He is most probably not going to join us.

"We have been told that he is a complicated character but this surprised us."

"Off" and "fuck" spring to mind, though not neccessarily in that order <_< .

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5840743,00.html (at wigan on-loan)

I wonder how he'll get on?! Will he last longer than an hour?

Edited by c1982